Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** Sneak a Peek!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Noo they'll get ideas! :lol: :lol:

I don't know if it's been said yet (apologies if it has been) but with Eric's dad being Russian and his mom being Cuban, could it be pretty plausible that his dad has connections to this Russian mob? Kind of like what mjszud mentioned that someone throws around his parents' names/creates suspicions when the incident comes up. I could definitely believe it that way. (I'm still having a hard time with the parentage bit though. :/)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have to disagree slightly about Natalia not getting anything. At least we've met two members of her family. Okay, one was her ex-hubby, but still. She had that whole storyline and then the thing with her sister and the thing with Agent Mike. What's Ryan gotten? Nothing but gambling problems... and a mention of a niece, Uncle Ron and a brief mention of an uncle who taught him how to pick locks. Out of the two of them, I'd say Ryan's definitely gotten more of the shorter straw. Though Frank's, gotten an even shorter piece cause all we know about him is brief mentions of his ex wife and that he's a father to at least two kids. We don't know anymore than that. We certainly don't know enough about Frank. And does it tick anyone else off that in the new opening credits, the only pic of Frank is a far away side view where you can't even see his face? That to me is just rude to do to the actor IMO. :sigh:

3. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

^^ARGH! That's what they're going to do and the whole freaking season will be connected to him!!!!!!!! :mad:

I do want a Ryan storyline most, but what about Natalia? She has dumb sisters! They can do something with that!

4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

:guffaw:that's really funny! You know what makes it worse? That Natalia was with Eric at some point, and I mean with her, with her.:lol:

5. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I really think between therapy and the russian mob thingy-something pops up for Eric that sets his "detective" senses into overtime. Maybe Horatio knows some little stuff about the family and that adds to Eric's confusion that lands him in a motel. I think it's gonna be ok to explore some of the character's past and personal lives-before everyone was complaining that we know nothing of their family life so now the writers oblige us and we're all complaining again. Guess we can't get it both ways and the first 3 seasons are past and buried I guess-things change. Season 7 is getting personal and professional I suppose...wait and see if we like the end results.

6. GregNickRyanFan

I don't recall anyone complaining about knowing nothing about Eric's life because we know quite a bit. I've only seen complaining about not knowing enough about Ryan, Valera, Frank and Natalia. Oddly enough, out of the four, we know more about Natalia's family than the rest of them. :lol:

7. MeergyMakeerty

MeergyMakeerty Victim

Valera and Frank are secondary characters, so the odds of us learning more about them in the foreseeable future are slim.

And though alot of story lines are ERIC based, we don't know alot about him-other then the fact that he's fixed on Calleigh and that he's still suffering mentally from getting shot.

We've never met his family-other than Marisol, and we know little about his childhood.

I'm sure the episode will be fine. It sounds interesting.

Maybe they'll get to the others later.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Valera is a secondary character, I'll give you that. But, she is a popular character regardless (and a lot of people are interested in her character). However, Frank is in the opening credits, which means he's more than a secondary character, otherwise they wouldn't put him in the opening credits. I mean, on NY, Flack (the resident detective) gets plenty of storylines and character development as does Brass on Vegas. So, why not Frank?

We may not know much about Eric's childhood, but we do know he's got several sisters and is supposed to be part Russian and part Cuban. And other than family stuff, we still know quite a bit about him. I mean, he's been on the show since the beginning ... and this is Season 7. I think it's time for them to develop the characters that haven't been on there quite as long.

The opposition to this storyline is more so because of the nature of it rather than who its about. The whole "my parents are not who I thought they were and now my parentage is in question" storyline just reeks of a very cliched primetime soap plot. Miami is turning into more of a Dallas/Knots Landing clone than it is staying a procedural drama. That is why I am opposed to the storyline (mostly). And I'd be annoyed no matter who the character was getting the storyline because it is so cliched.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I totally agree with all the "other character" storylines, it's crazy yes, TPTB should know by know how to rotate them all...but Im gonna try & slide us back on spoiler track here if ya'll don't mind. :)

This Eric issue may wind up contributing to the spoiler that another character (aside from H) is to become a little darker. If this is what TPTB are going for (which sounds plausible given his situations) then it could make more sense later.
    I'm still not crazy about the plot, but Im trying to roll with it.
    Eric's very touchy about trust, we all know that, so I could see his parent's dishonesty get to him in the worst way. It may even cause him to question himself if his real Father has some bad traits.

I suppose it's also possible the "real" Poppy is dead, the "maybe brother?" could come into play instead of the father? - who knows, but I have the feeling the Russian Mob will take some place in all this - I just hope the Poppy he's known & loved doesn't wind up being a bad guy, that would ruin it the most for me.

10. GregNickRyanFan

So, you think Eric might be one of the characters to become darker because of his true paternity? That might be interesting. I still wish we knew more about the other characters though. :lol:

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well, this I could see kinda "topping it off" - not necessarily being the main purpose behind him going "darker"....if this even exists.;)

Im just saying it's possible with everything combined that TPTB have thrown in to his character, especially since he was shot & with the struggling.
    I wouldn't be much of a happy camper if I were him :lol:

12. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, he's been through so much that he definitely has every reason to snap. To be honest, I'm surprised it hasn't already happened. :lol:

13. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Honestly, I don't mind them writing some soap opera drama into the show. I'm just that kind of girl. But I hate that they're doing it with Eric. We've already had a major storyline with a member of his family, and multiple little tipbits about the rest of his family. What do we know about Ryan? About Natalia? About Frank?

This would be a great storyline if they handed it to Ryan. We've never seen him interact with family members before. Why, oh why?

Also, I'm surprised everyone isn't freaking out about the fact that Eric is getting shot again. Even if it's not that serious, hasn't he had enough injury storylines? Why even throw that in?

Ugh, I think Miami needs to just hire everyone on these boards. We could turn this show around in a day.

14. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

Has anyone considered that Dan Cooper may be the one going to the dark side? He did steel Speedle’s credit card, and he also had it out for Calleigh. I know he’s not on the show. I was just thinking.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I brought up the idea of Cooper going dark a while back. However, I think he kind of already did with the whole Calleigh/website thing... and he seemed to feel some regret for that after she got kidnapped. He brought the team some info that they could use to find her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.