Grade 'Page Turner'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 1, 2008.

?

How would you grade Page Turner?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. A

19 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. A-

13 vote(s)
    21.0%
  4. B+

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

If anyone has horrible one-liners I think it would be Horatio but some of his aren't bad. Flack's are always funny. Grissom's always smart.

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

A-

My only complaint is that it was a little predictable, i knew who the killer was as soon as i saw him.

Things I liked:
    -Hawkes!! He had a little more screen time, and shined. More Hawkes!!
    -LOVED Sid got a little storyline, didn't think that would ever happen.
    -Flack's lines :lol: He got in some good ones.
    -I thought the case was pretty interesting. The radiation suits were unrealistic, but it is tv so who cares, they have to show the actors face somehow
    -liked Lindsay's role, she is good in the lab
    -The scene at the end, ZOMG, love the group end scenes like that. Yeah, strange that flack went, but it was cute how they went to watch the Rangers game

Ummm...what? Not to be a downer, but if the episode threads are going to turn into the spoiler thread, i am going to stop looking at the reviews. I don't want to read spoilers for new york, and this is definitely a big ass spoiler, since it hasn't come up in the show yet.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

HeeHee! Eddie's a huge Rangers fan and I guess he constantly talks about hockey to Pam Veasay so I bet he wanted to be in that scene! LOL! It was cute. I loved the very end when Flack said "you have to get good before you have beer" it was cute, sounded adlibbed maybe?

Exactly. That's why I don't get what all the fuss is about. It shouldn't be here,, right?

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Normally I'd say no, and I agree, we should try to keep it out of episode threads, but once it's been released to mainstream media--ie, Ausiello and TV Guide--it's kind of difficult to tell people not to talk about it. Still, as a request since it is technically a spoiler, it would be great if we could avoid discussing it save for in spoiler boxes or in the spoiler thread as a courtesy to others.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I apologise for not thoroughly checking this thread yesterday, if I had I would have added some spoiler boxes at the time. I've just started to go back through and add them now, but I didn't realise quite how many times the spoiler had been mentioned and quoted. So, I'm sorry to say that the spoilers will have to stay, I simply don't have time to go back through and edit all the posts. If you've been spoiled then I'm sorry.

Agreed. I know it is difficult, but if everyone could follow Top's advice from now on I'm sure it would be appreciated by all.

:wtf: :lol: If it helps, I thought Danny looked cute in his, and I don't usually think that about him.

:lol:

6. kinehelene

kinehelene Hit and Run

Well here i go!!
    I gave it an B+
    It was a bit boring.
    The plot was wery evidently clear.
    At once they had talked too the husband who was going to lawsiut the libary.
    i just new he had done it..

But the episode had some sweet moments by quick lines.
    And i realy liked that last scene in the hospital whit the boys.
    Sweet sid, its good that i was alright..
    They look like aliens in those clothes..

It was a nice episode.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

kinehelene, please take a look at your Private Message folder. I've sent you a message regarding the signature banner rules.

8. kinehelene

kinehelene Hit and Run

ohh im sorry.
    i have now taken care of the problemo....

:devil:..

9. CSIChick27

CSIChick27 Dead on Arrival

Hey I thought I throw something in for a little discussion. A few people were wondering why Flack went into Sid's room, considering that they seem to rarely meet up. What if it comes back to 'Charge Of This Post'? Flack has been close to death and surely spent some time in the hospital and all that goes with that. What if he came just becuase he knew the guy some and understood what he was going through? Out of all of them, he and Sid truly came closest to death. Just a theory.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's a good point. I didn't think about that.

11. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I guess I didn't find it all that strange that Flack went to Sid's room and not Danny. I think he and Mac, in particular, have bonded somewhat and become better friends through all the head-butting and reconciling they've done on and off these past couple of seasons, and Mac/Hawkes have always struck me as good friends outside of the lab, so I thought it was natural these three went together. Kind of a "Social Night with the Guys" for the game, and it worked perfect that they got to hang out with Sid at the same time. I could see Danny and Adam visiting Sid together at a different time...:cool: I think those two have become good buddies.

12. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I thought it was odd that Flack was there, too. If there were only three people in the room with Sid, I would've expected it to be Hawkes, Mac, and Stella based on the relationships previously shown. But I guess they wanted a male bonding scene and perhaps it was an indication that Flack is a big sports fan as well. Either way, the scene worked, and it was nice to see (vs. being told) that these characters are more than colleagues to each other, something that seemed to be missing in the previous episode.

I gave Page Turner a "B." It was a stronger offering than last week's premiere -- a more interesting case and Sid's dilemma presented an opportunity for more character and relationship moments. The radiation poisoning scenario together with the unusual clues (e.g., mold, beetle, sponge) and diverse suspects really held my attention even though the episode was perhaps a bit lighter on the action side than usual. I also was suspicious of the lawyer husband as soon as he showed up on tv, but there was enough misdirection that I wasn't completely sure of how and why he was involved until the end.

I also thought the writers did a good job of balancing screen time and giving everyone something relevant to do. I think Flack had the standout performance in this one -- several great one-liners and expressions and also a bit of tension with Mac which ties to the Truby and Gavin situations from prior seasons. Hawkes also had a strong presence. I had become very neutral on this character over the last season and was a bit worried that he might become more and more irrelevant (and expendable) without better material...so it was nice to see him having a leading role with this case. Mac, Stella, Danny, and Adam also were solid.

And I've been critical of Lindsay in the past but think that the writers (and Anna B.) did a nice job with the character in this one. She was professional, competent, and fit in well with the team, especially working with Hawkes. I think it could benefit the character overall, however, if they would show more of this side of Lindsay instead of the angsty drama or cutesy, "I want to impress my boss" stuff.

Anyhow, I think this episode was above average but still not their best effort. Some of this may be due to what someone mentioned earlier -- that they filmed the first few episodes right after season 4 wrapped (due to strike concerns?). Hopefully, an outstanding episode is coming soon, especially since the audience levels (14 million plus) seem to be the highest in awhile. Would be nice to see them hold on to those levels throughout this season and beyond.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  13. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

That is a good theory, CSIChick. I hadn't thought much about how Flack viewed his time close to death, since the show rarely addresses such wonderful things as continuity:rolleyes:, but it does make alot of sense for his character to be there purely out of support, even if he doesn't know the person as well as he knows his other co-workers.

I still do wonder why Adam, Danny, or Stella weren't there though...:wtf:

14. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I agree! I think given Flack's tough guy exterior, he must also have some softer feelings somewhere. This does make sense. He and Sid now have a "bond" or a connection of sorts, that the other characters don't share with them. Perhaps this will lead us to more Flack/Sid scenes? I think the two of them would be great in some scenes together. Think of all the one-liners and sarcastic comments that we would get then! I love the humor that the two of them have!

Beth

15. CSIChick27

CSIChick27 Dead on Arrival

[/quote]

I agree! I think given Flack's tough guy exterior, he must also have some softer feelings somewhere. This does make sense. He and Sid now have a "bond" or a connection of sorts, that the other characters don't share with them. Perhaps this will lead us to more Flack/Sid scenes? I think the two of them would be great in some scenes together. Think of all the one-liners and sarcastic comments that we would get then! I love the humor that the two of them have!

Beth[/quote]

Oh man, could you see Flack if Sid went to his "creepy place"!? His face alone would be worth it!