Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Finch, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

i have to agree with everything, last nghts ep was amazing!! and i was so not expecting mary to be a hunter, that totally threw me through a loop. young john was so cute!! the whole story was awesome, and the tone thery are starting to set for the season is great. i honestly can not wait to see how it all plans out. and yeah, mitch pileggi? AMAZING.
    and how heartbreaking was it when yellow eyes killed young john? now you can see where they all get this thing about having to sacrafice themselves to save their loved ones. so much story development last night, and i loved it.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Hey, who directed that one? It would be cool if it was Robert Singer, since Mitch Pileggi was in it- sort of an old X Files alum going on there. :)

Did I mention how much I love the episode? Oh, yeah... maybe I did... :lol:
    Seriously though, it was freakin' awesome. I am so happy with the way things are going already. If this season keeps this up, we DEFINITELY need a 5th one, as promised. We'll have to start pressuring the CW early on, to make sure they renew!

3. allmaple

allmaple Judge

last night was another fantabulous episode. but has anyone else noticed that sam has been in like 30 seconds of screen time in 3 episodes? but boy was jensen amazing last night, that boy can cry! so touching how he was trying to get his mom to promise not to get out of bed that night... the writers of supernatural blend the emotion, drama, suspense and comedy together like no others, so kudos to them.

it was funny, when they showed the clip from the first episode of mary going into the nursery and saying 'you' to yellow eyes, i thought "i didnt remember that, wonder if she had seen him before..." :lol: i thought it was a neat twist that mary had been a hunter.

could you imagine what supernatural would have been if john had bought that bus instead?? they should have an alternate universe episode of sam and dean driving that thing around.

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Hah- can you imagine Dean driving around in a V-Dub every episode? It would change the whole dynamic of the show! :lol:

That scene of Mary saying "You!" was from the finale of season 2 (Part 1) where Sam gets transported back to that fateful night in the nursery by Yellow eyes.

And how icky was it, the idea that Mary was essentially kissing her father to make that deal with Yellow-eyes at the end, to save John... Bleh.

Mary was kickass though. That actress did a great job too.

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

thats probably what i meant, they showed that scene in so many episodes and sometimes it was a bit different so i couldnt remember which was which :lol:

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm a bit confused. How many different powers did YED have? In the premiere (Season One), he just made himself look like John when real John was asleep in a chair in the livingroom or something. But, later, he got in John's body and in the new ep, in Samuel's body. why couldn't he just have made himself look like Samuel instead of getting in his body? Or was that an ability he didn't possess in the 70s?

The actress that played young Mary looked familiar, but I don't know who she is.

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

^ just like any demon yellow eyes has to possess a human body or else he would just be that black cloud thingy. i dont think he made himself look like john, he was in the same body we saw him in throughout season 1 and 2. mary just saw him from the back in the nursery and assumed it was john.

8. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Hm... I was going to watch last night's episode of Supernatural but I'm so lost from missing all the episodes I was like 'Uhm... lololol. Who did what now?'.

Okay, sorry if I am too much of a slasher here but (really SPN slash is just weird) when Sam left Dean in the beginning of the episode, it just looked like... I don't know, but it seemed like Sam was sneaking out after sex or something. xD

9. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, that's right. Heh, my memory is faulty. :D

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:lol: Sure hope they don't dress Jared up like Gretel :p

:lol: I saved that one to my photobucket as Jenzan ... "Me Jenzan, you Jane!" :lol: has a nice ring to it :p

Second ... whoo somebody showing Oliver some love :p

Third ... Can I Has a hug too ??? :D Pretty Please!

It was directed by Steve Boyum :)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3004295/resume

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. allmaple

allmaple Judge

uh oh, looks like puppy winchester is in the dog house! :lol: at least hes in the episode... i love in the promo pics they never put deans jacket on, so you can see his layered shirts have the sleeves cut off :lol:

12. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks, h2h. :)

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Okay, I finally got to see the episode... Loved It!!!!! :D

Yep, that about sums it up :lol:

Yeah, I was actually thinking about that while I was watching. I'm ready for a Sammy-filled episode :D

14. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I was so impressed by the latest episode.
    I thought Kripke really outdid himself.
    I loved that Mary was the badass hunter and John was the yokle. :lol:

Broke my heart when she had that one scene with Dean though and told him she wanted out and never wanted her kids involved. And then when he told her not to get out of bed. Guh I was fighting back tears! :(

15. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

^^ me too, it was so touching, for reall jensen ackles is ana amazing actor, hes so under appreciated.
    me too, i can't wait to see what they have coming up for sammy this season too. it looks like things might turn out to be pretty awesome for both our boys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.