Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

That was pretty funny.

It was probably Elle, I've watched pretty much every episode since Prentiss came onto the show, and I don't remember that. Although I do feel like a horrible person because Prentiss is my favorite character but I really want to see this episode and think it'll be awesome even though she gets beat up. Poor Prentiss.

I don't know if I'm allowed to ask, but does anyone know where I can watch the "Minimal Loss" promo again?

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

OMG:wtf: what a nail biter riveting episode, the serial, and the screwdiver puncture wounds the first scene I was so terrified, and the kitty and then the hammer clawing, lord have mercy. the whole team was so great in this, and when they opened up the coffin, and it was empty EWWW I actually screamed, so spooky and frightning:vulcan:what a freak-show this woman was, are their really crazy people like that out there? wow, really a horrifying episode:cardie:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Unfortunately, there really are crazy people like that in the world. It's very scary. :lol:

Something I forgot to mention... I liked this exchange toward the end of the ep:

Prentiss: Morgan doesn't like to follow directions.
    Spencer: Yeah, he likes to vibe it.
    Morgan (to Spencer): All right, smart @$$, you drive.

:lol: Spencer saying "vibe it" just sounded so funny and cute. :lol:

Does anyone know where there are Criminal Minds screencaps and if there are any up of this episode?

4. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

I also liked this episode very much, some Hotch!angst, scary UnSub and though some very funny scenes: that's CM :D

GregNickRyanFan, there will be screencaps soon at Oracle of Quantico, and I'm planning to try to make some, too, but I have no Gallery where to upload them (and I won't fight with Photobucket! :lol: ), so it'd be a .zip-file :)

5. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

And it was a nice follow-up to the Hotch/Morgan scene at the end of Ep1, where Hotch tells Morgan he never lets other people drive (=has trust issues).
    IIRC Hotch was somewhere in the background...I'm sure they both thought back to that scene

6. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, cool. Thanks for the link. :)

I really liked the scene where the gunshots hurt Hotch's ears and he doubled over in pain and Rossi immediately went to his side like a protective older brother. It was nice. I love it when the writers make the characters concerned about each other like that.

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I agree with that completely. While I do think that Hotch should've considered, I don't know, noise-cancelling earphones, I did like that Rossi didn't even think about the suspect, he immediately went to Hotch.

8. GregNickRyanFan

I also thought he should have been wearing earplugs. :lol:

9. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

OMG, seriously? Thank you for saving my life, cinegirl!

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I think that shot of Hotch, which leads us to believe that he can hear Prentiss getting her a** kicked, is actually him getting a hearing test, but with the audio edited. On a side note, I feel SO FREAKING BAD for Prentiss that it's not even funny, but I also feel bad for Reid. From what we've seen, Prentiss pretty much takes the fall, and I know that I would feel horrible if one of my colleagues got beat up taking the fall for me.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I don't understand why they sent two of them undercover anyway. And why send Reid who is arguably the least trained out of all of them? Why not send Morgan would could at least hold his own. Not that Prentiss isn't tough, but come on! They could have just as easily used Morgan.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  13. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

I really need to rewatch the promo, I didn't get that scene with Hotch (I know: unbelievable! ) and on your Prentiss thoughts: completely agree. But it looked as if Reid didn't have had much choice, Emily directly drew all attention. I just hope she doesn't end up too bad. Meh, I wish it'd be Wednesday already!

Hm, perhaps it has s/th to do with the target group that is attracted by this psyco (*sobs* my formerly crush Luke Perry lol)
    Perhaps he's searching for young, white couples? :confused: I'm sure the writers will clarify this, too, most of the time they're doing an awesome job, not to compare with CSI:Miami :p

14. GregNickRyanFan

Hmm... That could be. If that's the case, they probably normally would have sent JJ and Reid, but couldn't risk sending her being that she is pregnant. Penelope isn't trained the way they are, so she was out of the question. I guess Prentiss was the only other choice. But, you'd think if they thought Reid was her spouse then they'd know he knew she was FBI and would hurt him too. But, you're right, the writers of this show are usually pretty good at explaining things logically. :lol:

And what is it with the former 90210 boys playing psychos? I mean, you had Jason Priestley on Medium and now Luke Perry on Criminal Minds. Both playing psychos/killers. At least Brian Austin Green is playing a kick @$$ future soldier on Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles. Though Ian Ziering is doing nothing but reality/variety-dancing shows nowadays. :lol:

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

They may have gotten access at the same time, but I don't think they went in together. From what it seems like in the promo, Cyrus (Perry's alter ego, btw) figures out that it's one of them because they're the ones trying to get those kids (?) out of the building. They can't have gone in at the exact same time, because no one would be that stupid to assume that they weren't both agents if they were working together. There is a possibility that it was Prentiss and Reid just for the sake of it being them. I hate you, Monday! (Although, luckily, today went by pretty quickly, so maybe Wednesday will be here sooner)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.