CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corazon

Corazon Victim

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

Well, okay, that's fair enough.;)
    We'll just have to see what the writers make of this.

2. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I'm happy in a way that its nice to finally have confirmation of it all just curious now to Rikki's return and what part she will play in coming back or if they do.
    Least they are not hiding it because it wouldn't be right if they did and least this time its probably also easier on Anna herself in how they dress her etc.

The finale would be fun if they did happen but i watched Without A Trace finale and that was kept very very low key and worked really well with Sam feeling the pains all day and taking herself to hospital and in the end Jack only found out from askin a guy why he was sat at her desk... don't think it would work with NY but i thought it was really well done.

Hollyoaks... Poppet I used to love that show i still get hooked every now and then.

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I couldn't agree more.

And I say that because 1. I was hoping that should they go this route, Lindsay would get the chance to develop without Danny, 2. I was getting sick of the D/L drama as it had been played out last season, and 3. I really wanted both characters to shine as separate entities.

ETA: I don't think hiding versus not hiding is really that much different on the actress... moreso on the cinematographers, directors, producers, and camera men, who have to remember to shoot close ups rather than medium shots. I suppose the actress has to try to walk normal and stuff, but mostly the hiding it comes with the shooting... I could be wrong, though, as I'm not a film major. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  4. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I'm partial to a bit of Hollyoaks myself - I love a badly acted soap opera when thats all a show can ever be. CS:NY is not and should not be one, if they would just separate Danny and Lindsay and let them both stand alone as individual characters I would be a very happy girl.

5. Corazon

Corazon Victim

I agree that there's a chance that Danny and Lindsay will be stuck with each other if this storyline is handled badly.
    But I also think that if it's handled well, it will be a big opportunity to develope both characters separately. I don't hope they'll jump into a relationship just because she's pregnant, but rather want them dealing with the prospect of becoming parents (separately). It would give both characters (especially Lindsay) so much more depth.

6. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

That's very wise of you. Every time I read a spoiler concerning those two or Lindsay I have hope it will turn out better then I expect. Last season that didn't turn out so well for me so for the new season I've decided to try your approach; not hoping for something better but assuming the worst. It's hard. :rolleyes: Spoilers about Lindsey gave me hope she would move on and be her own woman like she was before. The news about her pregnancy makes me want to punch myself for hoping for something that's probably never going to happen. I'm disappointed. Pregnant Lindsay was not in my plan. Too bad I'm not a part of TPTB. :(

And honestly I don't like babies.

I feel much better now! :D

7. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I would be worried if they ever got to that level. Tho the McQueens in NY wow that would be one hell of an episode.

I strangely keep wondering if the baby was planned at all i mean i know most pregnancys aren't but whether TPTB could have thought it might come around. Would hate to be an actress and have to go in and say "hi yeah i have some news, i'm pregnant".

8. random_rambler

random_rambler Victim

Nooooooooooooooooo!

This is crazy. I just finished digging through the spoilers and I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed by the news that Danny is the father of Lindsay's baby. I'm usually not too attached to my tv shows, but this takes the cake. It completely destroys any autonomy that Danny once had and doesn't do any favors for Lindsay's characterization. It makes her look weak, indecisive, and idiotic, especially after her 'Monologue of Doom' and other comments about needing to get over her love for Danny, which seemed to me that she was dumping his @$$. If she went back to him after that little schpiel, then she is insulting most, if not all, women. No intelligent human being would make such a fuss about leaving and then not go through with it.

Conversely, I was very pleased at the speculation that Lindsay had moved on in her love life and found someone else. That would have been good for her character development, but no, TPTB had to go down the other route. The only saving grace is that spoilers can be wrong.

Whatever my reaction to the direction this show is taking, I wish Anna the best of luck with her new baby.

9. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Here's a link to a recent TV guide interview with Carmine. It was held prior to the news of the pregnancy but is interesting nontheless. He talks about continuing the whole D/L/R triangle and the dynamic that was set up in S4, also responds to the question of what's happened to Danny's balls - should be interesting for those of you who've been asking. But, what I found most interesting was that this is obviously the interview where he talked about them slowly pressing the brakes on D/L. Putting that into context and seeing the rest of that statement sheds a different light on what he originally was reported as saying i.e. 'slowly pressing the brakes' then 'hitting the gas' just goes to show he (and the writer's it would seem) really didn't have a clue what was going on.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV-Show-Blog/Tv-Previews/Carmine-Gi/800047725

10. 84sjdru

84sjdru Civilian

hey guy i'm new to the site and i'm so glad that i joined it. anyway about the whole Dantana Drama with a baby on a way i personally think its a very good thing for Lindsay becoz it will help her develop her character. besides i like Danny and Lindsay
    anyway Congrats to Anna Bellknap.

11. GregRox

GregRox Victim

I think it might be a good thing that Lindsay is pregnant. None of the other shows in the franchise have ever done that before and I think this could be a really good plot twist- if they handle it right. As awesome as I think it would be for Lindsay to go right back to Danny it's unrealistic. He screwed up and he better work to fix it. If they do end up getting back together, it shouldn't be rushed or anything. They should take it slow.

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

My worry with this is that I'm one of the few who actually like Lindsay (although I did find her a little whiny last season, I must admit), and the last time an actress was pregnant twice in such a short amount of time they left the show to spend more time with their family. (Diane Farr, Numb3rs)

Even if they do work it into the show, there's still a potential to write her out. With all of the cast changes in the original this year, and Khandi Alexander's departure on Miami, NY is so far the only one left unscathed, and I can't feel too optimistic with this news coming out.

Maybe it's just my anti-pregnancies-on-crime-shows prejudice that's coming out (Without A Trace, Sam Spade. Blech.), but I'm really worried that this might kill the show.

13. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

A baby. Really? I wish I had something nice to say here, like, "Aww!" or "I knew Messer wasn't shooting blanks all this time!", but I just really don't. I'm not nearly as wrapped up in this whole thing as I used to, but damn. This baby thing blows.

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

From Ausiello:

It looks like Lindsay is one of the most pathetic women on the planet. She states she has to get over Danny and that ever getting involved with him and the second he calls and bows down to her wishes she runs over and sleeps with him and ends up pregnant. Wow. What a strong female character. :rolleyes:

You think the audience is interested in DL? Yeah, if you only want to cater to a select group of your audience. Way to let other portions of the fandom know they don't matter. And if they get hitched it will say volumes about Danny's character. It will say you've given up on it and prefer destroying what used to be one of the best written characters and best actors on network TV to accomodate one of the worst characters and actresses on network TV. :rolleyes:

If they're only bringing Rikki back to give her blessing to DL and their "love child" they shouldn't bother. Rikki and Jacqueline Pinol are above being used in such an utterly ridiculous way. I hope Jacqueline tells them to get bent now.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

...Wow. I feel as though I've entered the Twilight Zone. :wtf:

Jacqueline, RUN!

(If I didn't have to write spoiler reports, I might call it quits on bothering with information before the show airs. This is all...kind of pathetic, honestly. Lindsay ran over to sleep with Danny and got pregnant? Rikki's gotta come back to say she's happy for Danny? They might get married just because she's pregnant - is that ever a wise move? Oy vey.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.