Episode 7x02 - 'Won't Get Fueled Again' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 26, 2008.

1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I agree, that scene with Ryan and Calleigh at the gas station was funny. I loved the looks they gave each other. I also agree about Ryan and that jacket. He looked great!

2. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I agree. Now that I think of it, why is it always Eric that ends up flirting with the new girls? He had Calleigh to start off with, then Natalia, now (possibly) Tara? It just doesn't seem right. The only think Ryan's gotten is Erika Blah Sikes and Mexican Wrestling with Natalia. Why can't Ryan get a love interest?

Grant it, I'd prefer it be someone other than Tara, but at least it would be someone. Although, she's only had one episode. Who knows, maybe I'll come to really like her and want her to be with Ryan.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

He was wearing boots? :lol: I didn't even notice the boots.

I agree with you about the girl looking back at him. That did make me chuckle. But, I didn't notice the halo-like light over his head.

:lol: You have a way with words. :D

ROTFLMAO! I thought Mary Sue also. I thought it was just me. Glad to see I'm not alone on that thinking. :lol:

I have to disagree about Ryan's outfit though. I personally thought the vibrant green was great. Though it would have looked better with a black leather jacket. Though I did like the brown one too. Brown would have looked better with a red shirt rather than the green one, but still... He looked great IMO. And again, the green-ness of the shirt really made his eyes stand out even more. Love those eyes! :D

Ugh... I would so stop watching the show if they put Ryan with Tara. Make them friends, fine. But not love interests. It's too contrived. New girl comes in only to get with one of the guys? I don't want her with ANY of them, ESPECIALLY Ryan!

And to answer the question of why it's always Eric who flirts with the women: Because Ryan is more of the shy type when it comes to women. Eric is more of the ... what's the word... ladies' man? And Eric just has a more flirty nature. Did you notice how nervous Ryan was when he was trying to ask Natalia out that time? :lol: Have you ever seen Eric be that nervous with a girl? :lol: I don't really think that Eric's flirting with her really necessarily means anything. And sure, he said she was cute, but he has eyes. :lol:

And we don't know for sure that there was ever anything between Ryan and Erica. He might have been slightly attracted at first (she was definitley flirting with him), but then changed his mind when he realized how much of a :censored: she was. I think she was merely only interested in him for the fact that he could possibly give her news stories. She never geniunely cared for him. I think it's possible that they might have briefly dated, but I don't think it ever went very far. Though they may have never dated at all.

He does need a love interest, but if it has to be anyone already on the show (or who has been in the past) then.... : points to avatar : Maxine Valera is the ONLY one currently on the show (or who has been on the show) that I would want Ryan with. Definitely not Tara, Samantha or Erica, not Calleigh or Natalia either. If it can't be the one in my avi, then it needs to be someone completely new (a recurring character- kind of recurring like Jake is).

Tara strikes me as the type of girl who is more focused on her career right now and really has no time for love/romances/relationships.

Oh and another thing about Tara that annoyed me, when Horatio first addressed her, she didn't answer him cause she was too busy looking at the body. Alexx could multitask. She could work on the body and talk at the same time. She didn't have to look up to answer H either. She just would answer his question while still looking down at the body. Why couldn't Tara do the same? I thought the ability to multi-task was a basic job requirement? :lol:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  4. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

The epi is may have opened and closed with H (it muct be in DC's contract!), but the rest was more about the other characters, for a change. I liked that, even if it was mostly Eric instead of some of the less used characters. In fact, at the end, my reaction was, "Who's that back there? Oh yeah, Horatio; I'd forgotten about him."

Something I've never understood: H is primarily a CSI; he may coordinate evidence with the other detectives, but why is it always him doing the arresting and not Frank or another detective? Doesn't he have enough to do? In Vegas, at least Brass makes the CSI's stand behind him when he goes in for the arrest. Seems more realistic. Oh, wait...Miami...realistic; how silly of me, or as Hawkeye on MASH said, "Isn't that a contradiction of terms?"

5. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

I'm not gunna lie, the title of this episode made me laugh. The woman I babysit for probably thinks I'm crazy cause I started cracking up. I duneven know why I found it that funny, I just did.

Tara is okay, I guess. The only thing ther is, is the fact that she's /not/ Alexx. Alexx was my favorite ME lin any of the crime shows. She had that attitude about her that made her... her. So, I guess my uncaring attitude of Tara is gunna stem from that. I don't like her but I don't not like her... She'll be a wait and let's see thing.

Eric o.o Won't that guy ever change? Sheesh. Yes, I'm an EDeN shipper soo... That might be going against Tara too. XD

Overall, I liked this one better than last weeks. It wasn't as predictable.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, that's another reason I don't want a hookup between Tara and any of the guys. I ship Eden (Nat/Eric), Rave (Ryan/Valera) and HoYe (Horatio/Yelina). I know! Tara can hook up with one of the male labrats. Tyler, Aaron, can't really think of any others. Maybe a new labrat? :lol:

Anyway, liked the episode mostly. The bad guys were a little too predictable though in that I knew who it would be. The trafficking thing was a little unexpected though.

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just a small reminder: Let's try to keep the shipping to a minimum here. Unless it pertains to an episode directly, ship speculation should be reserved for Shipper Central. Thanks. :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  8. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Eric always struck me as the ladies' man
    PIMP!
    . I mean....look at the shirts.

On topic. It was a little weird how Tara totally ignored H when she was with the body. It was an odd attempt to make her look focused on her job.
    Plus H is probably pissed at her. :lol:

9. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Loved the light humor-it really helped the characters dialogue. By now after how many years working together there should be some light hearted moments and witty comebacks with such a serious job. Loved the Horatio in the back of the room with the girls in white-the look on bad guy's face was good but he seemed to think his lawyers would get him off like he wasn't sorry about what he did only that he got caught. Actually looking forward to other's reactions to new ME as well like all of them miss Alexx so much so I think they will be guarded in their dealing with the new kid. Funny, Horatio and Frank are like the 'elders' of the show-the way Horatio said to him "who's the YOUNG lady?" hmmm

10. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

The title of the episode got me giggling. Nice to see the writers having some fun. Now if we could have a few light-hearted episodes ala Vega? Pretty please with ice cream on top?

I really liked the light humor in the episode, too. It was very refreshing to see our actors play some light comedy. I've seen Jon Togo and Emily Procter in other things where they had semi comedic characters. They were both amazingly good. (Special Unit 2 Jonathan was the medical examiner, geeky and freaky and so very funny and Emily, ever catch West Wing? C'mon, the only Republican in a Democratic White House? The funny was delivered.) The look on Calleigh's face when she had to collect the condom from the gas station Ladis' room was absolutely priceless.

So far, I'm liking the new ME. I think her not talking to Horatio initially was a way of marking her difference from Alexx. She's new and young. The fact that she couldn't find anything in Autopsy was wonderful. It showed that she was a brand new hire that was called out to a homicide first thing without even setting foot in the morgue. I wonder when the Doogie Howser reference will happen....

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

There were a couple of things that was a nice change for this episode. The humour is back! I actually laughed out loud at the gas station scene with Cal and Ryan, Ryan was like looking at Cal and saying "in the ladies' room" and the look on Cal's face :lol: Really nice touch.

I always like seeing Cal and Ryan work together. And Cal appreciating Ryan's help, I always enjoy seeing the CSIs work together as a team. This episode teamwork seemed a little more. The way EP and JT played off each other was great! I hope we get more of things like this in future episodes.

And I liked that H seemed to be involved in the lab stuff. Normally he's out in the field all the time, but this episode although it doesn't beat seeing H in a labcoat, it was nice to see him work the case in the lab with Eric and Ryan. And him providing helpful forensic information like the CT scan thing with Ryan, instead of him pointing at something and going "Mr Wolfe, what is that?"

I liked that there was lots of Ryan in this episode. He looked SO hot! :drool:

Tara, the new M.E, I thought I wouldn't like her, but I did. Spunky, and she didn't seem over-awed by Lt Caine. I liked that she couldn't find the rib-spreader and used her hands! Cool! I thing I just might like her. I just didn't like the flirting with Eric bit.

I'm glad Cal had a mini, car-chase scene and she didn't wreck the Hummer.

Things I didn't like:

So H is the team leader but he didn't know he has a new M.E? :wtf:

The last part in the warehouse when the sea of ladies in white parted and thre was H. And the last scene where one of them looks back at H. Come on! Enough of the "Marisol-references" already! :scream: I smacked myself on the forehead when I saw that scene.

Oh and, is it just me or was H's SOJ missing alot in this episode? Maybe I was too distracted by Ryan.

I think I liked 'Resurrection' better.

12. GregNickRyanFan

SOJ?

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

SOJ - Sunnies of Justice :lol:

14. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: oh, okay. Hehe. I should have figured that one out. :lol: And you're right, the sunnies weren't featured much. I didn't even notice that till I read your post. :lol:

15. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

I'm watching this episode right now and that Valet guy looks really familiar. :/
    But it's that 'I know you but I can't remember from where Dx' kind of familiar.

And the new M.E. is pretty cool, too.

What happened to Alex? D: I missed like, almost all of last season.