Season 9 *Spoiler* Picture Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, Billy and Marg did talk about Grissom and Catherine.

I also like where Petersen said: "The very thing that was wrong with Grissom and Sara is what he wouldn't allow with him and Catherine." And that is what I think made their relationship so dynamic. No relationship, but come on, how many of us would like that to be the last scene with Grissom: in bed with Catherine. You know a little good-bye nooky and nothing more? :lol:

And what he said could mean the end of GSR.

I mean this article sums it up when they talk about chemistry, because the entire cast has such great chemistry together and you know that had a lot to do with how close they all were off screen.

GNRF, I totally agree with you. I loved the "tushy" comment in King Baby too. See, I could so see the old Grissom saying that. I hope we get this kind of moment with Grissom and Catherine before he leaves. Actually, come to think of it, I think Grissom's last scene should be with Catherine. It could be a very tender, touching moment.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This may be a dumb question, but what exactly does FTW mean? :lol:

haha, that would be AWESOME! Though we'll be lucky to just get at least a hug between Gil and Cath. :lol: Actually, I want Grissom to hug everyone before he leaves just like Alexx did when she left Miami.

Yeah, he could hug everyone else first, saving Cath for last. Then there would be a sweet scene where she tells him to keep in touch and "don't be a stranger". :lol: And then they hug and she maybe kisses his cheek (like Stella always does with Mac on NY). Then he walks out of the building. :)

3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

:guffaw:Too true! Thank you for taking the words right our of my mouth! Billy and Marg are hilarious together. You can tell that it played into the way that Grissom and Cath are portrayed. Their chemistry is great. Just great!:thumbsup:

As for the ending scene Speedystokes, I couldn't agree more!:lol: I believe that if they have the last scene with her, it will be as if their relationship has come full circle. I mean the show was pretty much built on the two of them.

And the bed scene Speedy! If only! Dare to dream.:drool:

4. chipper

chipper Hit and Run

Thanks for the scans! This article is so good but it makes me sad and reminiscing of the past. Can't we go back to earlier, happier seasons? Where the whole cast was intact and their were lots more team-interaction scenes?:(

On the other hand, it was nice to know that Billy stayed on way past season 5 till now. Glad he didn't leave then.

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Hey :) FTW means: For the Win

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ah, okay. Gotcha. :D

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah I totally laughed at the points about GSR, in other words, Grissom would never have taken a chance with Catherine because he cared far too much about their friendship to go that route. ITA EricaJ on your point about separation.

After I read the article, I thought oh the GSR fans are not gonna be happy when they read this.'

And I would have loved it if they had put 'The End' in the season 3 finale. I remember watching with my neighbour and the 'WTF' looks we gave each other and then my friend said something like 'darn' when it faded to black as I'm sure we all did.:devil:

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I am in agreement, I love the Gris/Catherine relationship. Be it friendship or love they have great chemistry.

Even though it was an interview with WP and MH, they still were discussing the characters relationship!

9. CSI_Fan_Forever

CSI_Fan_Forever Lab Technician

thats the best interview i have read in a while. soo cute! ohh how i love them. lol. i hate that he is leaving!
    thanks so much for posting!

10. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Okay guys, let's not gang up on anyone here as that's not the point of this thread.

Yes, it is obvious that this article will hurt GSR fans and that's okay, it happens. I do think it's great that Billy and Marg are friends on screen and off. I agree they have chemistry, although I personally have never seen it to be more than really close friends, but hey everyone has a different perception of romance, right? If not, we'd all be going for one specific type of person, leaving lots of people lonely. :lol:

Billy is very close with all his castmates. He's said cutesy love comments about all the women who have been romantic possibilities for him on CSI, :lol:. The great thing about Billy as an actor, is that he can pull off 'romantic' chemistry with any of them on screen.

Another thing to remember to, is that when magazines book actors and celebrities for interviews, the magazine already knows the questions and the route they want the interview to go. In order to sell magazines, I'm guessing that the actors and celebrities just kind of go with the flow. I think that's why you can find so many interviews where Billy contradicts himself in who he'd like to see Grissom with: Sara, Catherine, or Lady Heather. I'm not doubting that Billy and Marg aren't close and that they like each other, but just that those questions were all written with a purpose in mind, probably to bug us GSR shippers for a change :lol:, and should be taken at face value.

I hope my message doesn't cause any unrest because I know how happy Grillows shippers must be right now. I'm happy for you guys because I know how great it feels when your ship gets noticed and us GSR shippers have been very spoiled over the years, leaving a lot of fans upset, which isn't nice. I know what it's like to have your ship over looked as I'm a Wilson/Cameron shipper with House. It really sucks. What I'm trying to say is that the above are simply my views and not be forced on anyone. :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

We weren't ganging up on anyone GSRLuver. While I take your points, we were simply replying to a statement that made the interview seem less than it was.

I think it's great that Billy and Marg feel that now towards the end of Billy's run they can talk more openly and truthfully about their attitude to the show and each other.

12. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

The fact of the matter is that this article interviewed WP and MH. No one else. The whole point was to talk about Grissom's departure and about how close those two are. Whether you see it ias a close friendship or a romance or whatever it may be doens't really change anything. I mean, how often do we get articles of just those two? Not very often.

No one's ganging up on anyone. If you had read a few more posts up, you would see why EricaSJ and myfuturecsi said what they said. We're all entitled to our opinions right? :)

13. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

I liked the article. I thought it was hilarious, and I loved the pictures. I don't really care who WP's in the picture with, whether MH or JF, I'll admit when I see good pictures. I just think it was nice to throw another 'ship a bone instead of always talking about the same thing. I honestly just liked the playfulness and light attitude of the article. It was refreshing.

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I agree. CSI is a somewhat dark, heavy show when you talk about the context of it all. This article was the complete opposite. Totally different.

15. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Thank you for taking my points, Drumchik. And I agree that no one on either side was really ganging up on anyone....yet. I was just trying to prevent a possible arguement by examining both sides and sharing my views in the most unbiased way as possible. :)

I've read the entire thread, kimbo08. I just know that we all can get a little catty if a comment is taken the wrong way, so I was just trying to steer us away from that. And, of course, you're entitled to your opinion. :)