Episode 7x02 - 'Won't Get Fueled Again' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 26, 2008.

1. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Well Well Well Guess Mr. Eric still hasn't gotten over come the player in him! What will Calleigh do now! I though the Episode was so so. Spoiler was wrong we didn't have a car wreak involving Calleigh. No great Calleigh and Eric moments either darn it! I was kinda disapointed in this epi. may be next weeks will be better I hope. This one lacked something in it. But I think their is going to be a new love triangle. What does this Epi say about the rest of our spoilers since we had no wreak? Things that make you go HMMMMMM!

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Well obviously they changed the spoiler about Cal and car wreck....as spoilers often do change from when I see them to when the episode is finally shot....12th hr changes and all. After seeing the ep, the accident would have made it interesting!!

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yeah that entire scene actually cracked me up, it was probably one of the best of the entire episode. :) It was nice to see some humour still left in the show.

I'm actually glad that didn't happen. It would have been way overused on this show.

ETA:

LOL! We're different sides of the penny on that one I guess. :)

And I still got a kick out of the fact that the episode pokes at the expensive gas prices issue and they're all driving Hummers. :lol:

4. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I like this one better than last week's -- it seems like they're back in the swing of things now. Nothing spectacular about the episode, though I agree that the ladies-room-condom exchange was funny.

I'm liking the new ME so far. Hopefully that will continue. Although I have to admit that when I first saw her in the frame, I was totally thinking it was Alexx. I forgot for a moment that she was gone, and when I realized it was Tara I was sad. :(

Also, LOVED the preview for next week. When is it Monday again??? *haha*

5. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the first 3/4 of it. But as soon as they asked "why would someone keep passports" I started groaning. I knew exactly why someone would keep a passport--seasons 1 and 3 taught me already--human trafficking! Seriously?

I thought the gasoline storyline was actually pretty interesting, but why does Miami always have to come back to this helpless woman storyline? Why don't we see a few more episodes with powerful women(either good or totally bad-ass?) It just seems like Miami is more and more falling into that stereotypical, big strong H saves the tiny helpless woman. I don't like it at all.

That rant being done, the episode had its good moments. I actually enjoyed Dr. Tara Price. I thought she was cute, but not obnoxiously so. I really hope they don't go into another love triange!

The gas station scene was just hilarious in every way. I loved when Ryan asked the station manager, "she was willing to do anything?" Then gave him a wink. That was too funny!

Oh, and was it just me or was Ryan looking extra good tonight?

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I liked the ep for the most part. The Ryan/Calleigh gas station scene was great. Loved him saying it was in the ladies room and nodding toward Calleigh. He was like, "I'm not going in the ladies room. You're a woman, you go." :lol: And I too loved the wink he gave the attendant. :lol: And yes, he did look super hot in this ep. The green shirt he was wearing really made his green eyes stand out even more. And that jacket = :drool:

Tara was okay. And as much as I love Eden, I thought that the Eric/Tara scene was kind of cute. Though I don't want them to hook up. Maybe they could have kind of like a Morgan/Garcia (Criminal Minds) type of friendship where they playfully, but harmlessly flirt with each other just in a friendly way. :lol: I thought Eric looked a little smitten in those scenes. He was grinning way too much. I thought he was going to start giggling like a school girl a couple of times. :lol: And him telling Nat that Tara was cute... Nat's reaction... that smile and then saying "i'll bet, romeo". Haha. Cute. I hope to god we don't get another triangle (or quadrangle), but if we have to have a triangle, I'd much rather it be Natalia/Eric/Tara than Calleigh/Eric/Tara... only cause we've had Jake/Calleigh/Eric, so using both Calleigh and Eric again in another triangle where the only difference is the third party's gender is opposite would be too redundant and too soapish. But, I really wouldn't like to see anymore triangles on this show with the main characters at all. ONly triangles I'd allow were I in charge would be the ones between characters that are only in one ep (like the characters involved as suspects and/or vics). Just Say No To Triangles! :D

Horatio saved the day again. Never fails. :lol: I can't believe they did the human trafficking thing again. I didn't expect the distracting girl would be involved in that way. I just figured she was a criminal. I knew the valet guy and the party guy were criminals though. That was just a given. :lol:

Loved Ryan's laugh when he was talking to the other suspect and said something like "you're becoming quite the juvenile criminal" or something to that effect (can't remember exact quote).

And the scene when Ryan came to the street where Calleigh found that vehicle on fire... she told him she almost ran into a truck and a boat. And he said "a boat?" and then something else, but I can't remember what. :lol: Looks like Ryan's sense of humor is returning somewhat.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  7. CSIChick27

CSIChick27 Dead on Arrival

I thought it was pretty good. I like the new M.E. so far. And the exchange about the condom in the bathroom was funny. "It's in the women's room."

I couldn't help but crack up and laugh though when H had the halo effect. It made me think of a siggie someone here had. "God, it's me, Horatio, your other son." And why oh why are the poor helpless human trafficked (?) girls always in white?? Made a nice choral picture, that's for sure!

8. Christine_ME

Christine_ME Hit and Run

So, the episode was okay... just okay. The whole 'human trafficking' concept is getting pretty old. I'll have to agree also, that it was humorous to see them all driving the big H2 Hummers, but the whole ordeal was gas prices being so high.. Oh, the irony.

Ryan and Calleigh were really cute in the gas station/ condom scene. Ryan gave Calleigh the look of, 'It's in the lady's room and that's going to be my excuse so I don't have to go get it.' Also, his green shirt was awesome in this episode. The jacket was pretty hott too. :)

It would really suck if they did another stupid love triangle. I'll be really annoyed if they drag the new ME into this whole thing with Eric... I mean, come on! Is he going to sleep with everyone in the lab? The way I see it, is they just need to put Horatio and Calleigh together and be done with it. But, that's coming from a big DuCaine fan...

The new ME was cute. The actress does a good job with what she's given. I don't like that she seems like a younger Alexx though. That had to piss Khandi Alexander off.

Anyway, I'll have to agree with speed_cochrane.. Not the best, but not the worst... Here's to looking forward to next weeks epi.

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

That was my favourite part. It was well funny! Before the guy was like 'she was banging!...' and then she just cut him off. Caleigh, this season, seems to be seriously serious.

And that part about Eric meeting the new ME, she's cute and all, but did have to look like he was flirting with her? My god, was shouting, 'stop it, Eric, stop it!' but we all know Eric is a nice guy and likes to meet new women. Just like my father, every where he goes he has to say something nice to the women and make them blush or something. But they're great guys.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

So....the episode was ok.
    Glad to see a lot of Ryan:lol: the scen w/ Calleigh cracked me up
    "in the ladies room" love everything in it:guffaw:

The famous incident...well if I had been Calleigh, I would have killed the poeple in the cars in front of her:scream:. Come on she was there w/ the most clumsy people of the world ever. I work on ambulances & I perfectly know the feeling a person like Calleigh can have in that situation while turning on the sirens & nobody moving:scream:

"A boaat...I mean seriously" I love this Ryan:lol:

Tara...I really like her & her interactions w/ both H & Eric;)

11. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I actually enjoyed this episode - up until the Horation "halo" part. *rolles eyes* The gas station scene was hilarious. I so much want an animated Ryan icon with that wink. Ryan looked gorgeous and it was great to see so much of him in that episode. I liked to see the humor start coming back.

I am not sure if I like the new ME or not. I will give her a few more epiosdes before I decide.

It was nice to see Delko smiling again! He does have a nice smile.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I liked this episode. Not one of my top favorites, but it was ok. I just kept hoping it wasn't another Cyberlebrity. IMO that one was just awful. But anyways, things I liked:

-Expensive gas storyline was good, it's something I can definitely relate to.
    -Gas station exchange between Cal and Ryan :lol:
    -I liked the new ME more than I thought I would. She made me smile when she was in the morgue and couldn't find anything.
    -Seeing a little bit more of Frank was great.

Things I didn't enjoy so much:

-Horatio stating...the obvious...every...five...minutes.
    -The scene with Eric and the ME I would've prefered it to be with Ryan. Eric and Cal are still going on and we've had the thing with Jake and now that he's gone, in comes Tara? UGH it just annoyed me :rolleyes:. The scene would've worked perfectly with Ryan and it wouldn't have been so overused.
    -Is it really that difficult to have more than two people per scene? They did it on last week's episode with Ryan, Eric, and Cal. Why that can't be a regular thing is beyond me :rolleyes:.

Overall it was ok and I enjoyed it. Next week's episode looks really good so looking forward to that one.

13. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

^^ Though I don't want Ryan with the ME, I'd rather have him with her than Eric with her. I don't see why they have to recycle the Jake storyline/concept through other characters.

The ME is ok, but I didn't really like how goofy she was compared to all the other intense actors. (Not saying she's a bad actor, I just don't like how they made her character)

I MISS ALEXX! *tries to move on*

Gas station scene was my favorite. It was too funny!

Overall, I didn't like this episode too much. The girl trafficking from South America AGAIN? Are you kidding? And H saves them....AGAIN? Argh..

For some reason this episode didn't really feel like CSI: Miami. I can't really explain it.

At least Ryan got more screentime! :D

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I actually enjoyed this episode. It didn't necessarily flow well from last week's epi but all the same I enjoyed the light-heartedness.

The Calleigh & Ryan scenes were the most refreshing scenes in the episode, there was a nice season 4-ish feel to it - great to see some of the humor back, although I thought Calleigh seemed distracted compared to the other members who kept the banter throughout the episode.

Normally Ryan was my least favorite character, but he was a pleasure watching this time around & looked damn good in the boots & jacket;)

I haven't decided on Tara yet. I like her sparkiness, she actually reminded me of Natalia when she first came on the show & I miss that, so it was nice to see on Tara, but I still have a hard time getting past her age.
    I also thought it was odd that Frank knew who she was but Horatio, the team leader, was like who....is...she....:wtf:

Ohhh St. Horatio....
    what can I say. I love ya big red, but the whole ending scene in the warehouse with the girls was so very 'shock' from season 4. The way that one girl looked back at him like he was some kind of God - I just laughed my ass off.

Overall good epi, probably not going down as my fave but still good to see. Although it would have been far better to see more than 2 in one scene, the team interaction was the highlight of the episode for me(Cal/Ryan, Eric/Tara, Eric/Nat) -wished there was at least one scene with H & Calleigh though.:(

15. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Oh, CSI:Miami, you suck so, so much. I watched you last night for lack of anything else, and you were so gleefully wretched. 'Fess up; you know you're shoveling patently ridiculous crap. You just don't care. The more I see of this show, the more I'm convinced it's written, shot, and directed with the overseas market in mind. Foreigners have always seen America as bigger than reality allows, Tombstone meets James Bond(an image Hollywood and plebe America gladly perpetuates, by the by), and God, is Miami ever bloated, hokey, and so majestically self-involved as to beggar belief. The scene of HoCaine posed heroically behind the suddenly empowered women was right out of the Superman pulps of the '50s.

Dear Wolfe,

Could that shirt get any greener? My eyes! And with a brown coat, too. Agh!!

Dear Eric,

You've already had one brush with paternity. Please, keep your smokin' Latino love pistol holstered.

Dear Writers,

"Word is, she's a real sparkplug."

A sparkplug so brimming with intelligence, moxie, and confidence that she can't muster the wherewithal to open the various drawers in her autopsy room and acclimate herself with her equipment and what goes where. Nope. This Grissom con racko just makes googlies with Delko and plays the coy damsel in inconvenience. Whee!

Show, don't tell.

Also, BWOOOOP, BWOOOOP, BWOOOOP! Mary Sue Watch is now in effect. While the dreaded and usually fatal condition has not yet been confirmed, conditions are ripe for it to manifest. Tara Price should be closely monitored for more overt symptoms of the disease.

D

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008