Grade 'Veritas'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 24, 2008.

?

How would you grade Veritas?

1. A+

15 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. A

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

It was a pretty good episode, but I think it's getting a bit ridiculous how practically every other case involves a relative or close friend of a member of the CSI team. Aren't there, like, 8 million people in New York City?? Honestly, what are the odds that in five years they'd have cases that involved Danny's brother, Stella's boyfriend, Mac's stepson (for want of a better word to describe that relationship), Don's sister, etc.??
    My guess is that some time in the next year one of Lindsey's relatives from Montana will come to visit and somehow get involved in a case that the CSI team is working on!

2. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I gave it an A for sheer fact i felt it was a good opener and did make up for the 1st part which to me wasn't as exciting and left me feeling and bit peeved that that was our finale but i'm happy how it panned out.

Mac was actually the only thing that annoyed me throughout the ep apart from his last line that made me laugh :lol: and after my bad day i needed that. But i found him being such a superhero slightly irritating, I get that he's the lead and everything i just found we had hardly anything of everyone else mostly Flack/Stella and Adam got the most in the episode... Go adam.

Adam I have a new appreciation for him after his speech to Mac it was sooo damn cute, but being a geek myself its sweet to see him trying to stand up for himself and he did so and even Mac look surprised.

Flack, was great i loved how he acted big brotherly it was nice in a way and his sister is perfectly cast they seem to already have a chemistry and the likeness, just curious to see what else they have planned for her because it looked like it could be good scenes.

Stella falling! Seriously in th trailers i was like wow thinking it was gonna be in a later episode, but in this one totally wasn't expecting it so when it happened.

Don't really have much else to say apart from it did make my day having it back, after the day i've had it was a sense of happyness.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

OMG HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THAT?! I think I've been bitching about that ringtone since "Charge of this Post" (Well, "People with Money", at least).

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I didn't notice it last night. I had to rewatch the episode because I missed most of it due to the sound being out at our local CBS affiliate. I spazzed this morning when I heard it. :eek: [/dork]

5. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

I gave it an A,it was a good show, but I've seen better. Mac's ending line cracked me down, and I loved Adam when he confessed to Mac, he was o so cute :D The interaction with Flack and his sister was quite interesting, I hope there will be a follow up on that story line :D

6. random_rambler

random_rambler Victim

Run from the predictability! It's a bit difficult to keep people interested when we already know who the villan is. Also, mostly everyone knows that the show's leading man can't be killed off, that was kind of obvious.

Aside from knowing what was going on, this was a good episode. I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but the characters really made it work. Gary played 'concussed Mac' really well, though I was expecting him to get short with Lindsay when she 'demonstrated' with the plant. I wonder where she got it; does she have a secret stash of 'demonstration props' in her desk? Because she always has something to pull out of the hat.

I loved the Flack siblings! They were amazing, and, at the risk of repeating everyone else, I really could see them as related.

Also, Mac's last line was so predictable, but it made me laugh, mostly because I called it exactly. Take that, Horatio Caine! Mac's one-liners are way better.

All in all, a good start to the season. Here's to hoping it stays that way.

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

8. Faylinn

Yes, yay indeed for the new ringtone! :lol:

Ok, so my mom and I were talking about how much the $2 million would weigh (because we thought it would be a lot), and based on an answer I found on Google, it would be less than 50 pounds (which is still heavy :p). Joe still should have gotten one of those rolling suitcases to carry the money in. :p

(But would less than 50 pounds really make that much of a difference in the tire tread patterns of a car?)

The other problem we were having - help me riddle out the car situation. At the beginning of the episode, Mac stops Lauren in a black car to call for help. We later find out she had borrowed Sam's red car and it was used to push the SUV into the water. So she borrowed Sam's car and let Derrick drive it? Did she drive Derrick out there and then take his black car with her? Did she borrow someone else's car after already borrowing Sam's car? :confused:

9. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I noticed that but i didn't think anything cos me being me though its CSI there is bound to be an explanation but there wasn't.

10. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I had wondered about this before- Not actually interacting, but they were together in Run Silent, Run Deep (when the duty captain was relieving Danny in Mac's office, the two of them were standing together outside), and Flack and the crew presumably rushed past him in Snow Day. But that's it, to the best of my knowledge.

Loved the episode. I didn't really think it seemed that predictable, mostly because by the time the episode aired I'd forgotten the spoilers I'd read... :lol:

I love that the team was concerned for Mac (aka Danny and Hawkes, mostly), but I found myself thinking Mac really wanted some soup. He didn't want to sit at home and sip it, but mentioned that bullets have a shelf life like a can of soup, so...

I know, bad joke.

Anyway, LOVED Flack and his sister. I thought their whole interaction was great. And Danny doing the interrogation on Sam? Even better. I wonder if Flack handpicked him to do it, because he knew he could bust Danny on the courts if Flack didn't like what he did... :lol:

Adam and Flack together are awesome. For some reason, I had expected Flack to be a little less patient with a semi-nervous Adam than he was, so it was good to see a nice interaction between them. And I'm glad Adam went to Flack first. It's not like anyone else in the lab wouldn't have done the same thing (in RSRD Lindsay went to Danny first...).

Adam and Mac when Adam fessed up was awesome, too. Adam was so cute and nervous, and I'm glad that he said he'd do it again. I support him! And I'm glad Mac didn't ream him a new one for that either. I just love throwing Mac and Adam together and seeing what comes out...

All in all, great episode. Can't wait for next week!

ETA: My thought had been that her car hadn't really been in the shop at all- she had borrowed Sam's car so that Derrick had a car to drive that wouldn't trace back to her. She was the inside man, but I don't think she wanted to be easily tied to it... I could be way off, but that was my theory.

And I too noticed the change of ringtone. Kinda miss the old one...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I've just rewatched the episode with MrElsie and this was one of his first criticisms of the episode. :lol: The money wouldn't weigh that much, and what was to say that she didn't just leave lots of other stuff in her car which would have weighed it down. The tire tread analysis seemed more like a leap of faith rather than being something scientific.

Hmm. Confusing...I can't quite figure that out. Joe/Ethan drove the red car back, so he had already left in it by the time that Lauren turned up with the other car, presumably to pick up Derrick? So yep, it seems that Derrick drove Sam's car and Lauren used another one. I can't work out why they would do that, or why they were in two different cars. Weird...

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i'm giving this ep a B. it was ok, very slow throughout the entire.

i was soo happy that Adam and Sid are now in the credits they deserve it.

wasn't too thrilled with all the Mac moments but it was his story. as much as i like Mac as a character i get tired of him.

they filmed on location in Jersey!!!!! sooo jealous b/c i freakin live in Jersey and where i am at school i'm so close i could have gone!!!!! always love a Jersey mention :)

Flack and Adam had a scene together, very cool to see that. poor Adam he looked so nervous when he was walking through the police station as he went to go tell Flack about his sister haha.

Danny was lookin really hot and Lindsay had more than 3 scenes.

i could've thought of a better way to start the season but it was good with what the writers left off. i just hope that the next few eps pick up and the rest of the season isn't this slow.

13. Faylinn

Maybe it was a bit of Flack's protective nature coming out? He knows how Adam is (even if we've never actually seen them interact), so he tends to handle him with kid gloves a bit?

Flack paused for a second when Adam first asked if there was somewhere he could plug in his USB - I'm sure Flack realized Adam wasn't just wasting his time and he was there for something relevant. Didn't they leave the crowded room (filled with curious eyes and ears) and find somewhere more private to talk?

It does make me curious though, now that you mention it.

You know, that sounds like a very logical explanation - too bad they didn't bother to use any kind of explanation on the show. :rolleyes:

Some friend, though, to borrow her car for a bank robbery knowing she might take the fall if the car is traced. :mad:

14. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I didn't hate Samantha Flack. Hurrah! As a matter of fact, I found her engaging and personable, if a little naive, and if the PTB use a modicum of restraint and build her slowly through sparing but regular appearances, the inevitable wanksplosion of Flack family angst could be fantastic. It's clear that she and Don care for each other even as they drive each other bugshit crazy with their human peccadilloes.

Eddie Cahill and the lovely Miss Munroe(not to be confused with the yark-inducing Other Wank Meat of Lindsay Monroe)had wonderful chemistry and I happily subscribed to this new sibling. I did, however, take a moment to revel in my persistently festering grudge against "Charge of This Post" and wonder where this convivial sibling was when his guts were gritty bouillabaisse. I'm Gollum with my precious, rocking and crooning and clutching my bitterness with lascivious fondness. Live with it.

Their conversation in the precinct shed light on the family dynamic. From S1, I'd assumed that the relationship between Don and his father was strained. After all, he wasn't keen to discuss Flack, Sr. with Gavin when the topic arose, and Gavin was his mentor. So, I assumed that dear old Dad was a sore subject.

Now, though, I wonder. Samantha's fear that Don would tell Dad about her tangential involvement in the robbery indicates that Clan Flack communicates on a regular basis, and Flack's warning to Samantha that he wouldn't bail her out of trouble again "and neither will Dad" implies that Flack had either already discussed his wayward sister with his father or that he knew his father would be of like mind when he found out. Both possibilities hint that Flack and his father are closer than I previously thought. Either that, or the writers, as is their wont, decided to blithely ignore prior foreshadowing that undermined the currently needed dynamic. "Continuity is for suckers and nerds, so saith we" is probably graven in Play-doh on the writers' room door.

"I'm sorry I embarrass you."

Ouch.

"That's not true."

Ouch squared.

Note to Sister Flack:

Your wounded butthurt wherein you insisted that you could "manage my own life" might have held more conviction if you hadn't just spent two minutes begging your brother not to blab to your father about your latest escapade. You looked and sounded like a teenage girl trying to convince her brother not to tell Daddy about the suspicious stain on her prom dress or the dent in the front fender of his Buick.

If you want him to treat you like an adult, act like it.

Love,

La Guera

Dear CSI:NY writers,

Bartenders with the common sense of goldfish should not be able to afford a candy-apple red Dodge Charger. If this is a subtle instance of foreshadowing meant to hint that Sam Flack is slinging more than cocktails, then I commend you. If not, then reality, you are doing it wrong.

Love,

La Guera

Flack aside, I enjoyed the episode until the end, when Mac uttered the single smarmiest line in CSI:NY history, a line so choked with posturing and egotistical boner-slapping that I thought it had been prised, gibbering and bleeding, from the mouth of Horatio Caine.

"But mostly and most importantly, for pissing me off."

Y halo there, Mactimony. I didn't miss you. If there were any doubt in my mind that Mac is an alarming narcissist who thinks God shot his wad when his father shot his, there they went. Are you serious? The man murdered two people, and his most egregious crime was angering the mighty Mac Taylor? Wow. That line was a heaping hunk of epic fail, rivaled in tastelessness only by the idea of David Caruso in a thong and pasties.

I swear, Mac, it's not all about you.

Still, the rest of the cast carried the show. I enjoyed Flack, of course, but I also loved Adam to bits. His shyness is legendary, as is his desire to please Mac, so I adored seeing him stand up for what he believed. He didn't do it as loudly or brashly as Danny has, or as eloquently as Hawkes, but he did it clearly and unequivocally, and I applaud him for it.

A final note to the writers:

I'm pretty sure it's possible to trace a call faster than I can totter unsteadily to the throne room and back. As you're so fond of telling pin-headed perps, technology advances.

Love,

You Know

P.S. Thank you for sparing us from the horror show that is D/L, if only for an episode.

B- It would've been higher but for Mac's Earth-swallowing ego.

15. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I have given up on plausible scientific facts on CSI, a long time ago.

Oh! And they mentioned 'Toronto, Canada' Hurray for a canadian reference. Although why can't they just say 'Toronto, Ontario'?