701 Resurrection - **Contains Spoilers!!**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Sep 20, 2008.

1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I actually thought this episode was better then most if not all of last season. Most of it kept me interested. It did have several eye rolling scenes....but overall was quite good. I do agree that scene with Cal and Jake was very good.

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

For the first ime ever, I was wholly disappointed in a season premiere. This is why:

--The reveal that Horatio was alive was far too quick.
    --Horatio was supposed to "go to ground" after checking on Julia and Kyle, yet he's at PD just outside the interrogation room?
    --Trying to jam too much in an episode.
    --The guys got all the action while the girls stayed in the Lab all day.
    --Boat explosion. The boat was full of those tricked out bullets. If Horatio would have hit the propane tank like they showed he did, the entire boat would have taken out the dock and everything on a large radius.
    --Boat explosion. Horatio didn't take cover. He should be dead for real.
    --No explanation as to why Horatio didn't go to Calleigh. So much for trust.
    --The apparent continuation of Super Horatio. Somebody get the man a cape so he can fly.

Things I liked:

--The teaser between Ryan, Eric and Calleigh. Now THAT'S a ensamble performance!
    --New opening. Nice new pictures.
    --The tender exchange between Frank and Calleigh. They've always looked out for each other. It's nice to see that care once in a while.
    --Eric going off on the suspect.
    --The official break-up between Jake and Calleigh.
    --Tough-as-nails Calleigh.

3. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

^^Technically, Ryan, Eric, and Calleigh aren't the ensemble cast. Horatio is the main character, and they are the other leads. An example of an ensemble person in the show would be someone like Valera, or the random wordless people that we see walking around the lab.

Sorry, theatre kid had to get technical.

That teaser was freaking amazing though. I wish we could have seen more of that kind of emotion throughout. We got to see a little of it with Eric, but Calleigh only got to sadly frown. :(
    They said the ramifications of this would last throughout the season, so hopefully something interesting will arise.

4. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Well, I don't have a whole lot to add since ya'll said it for me :D I really liked this episode, and even though things were telegraphed ahead how they would come out (Of course H will live! Of course Saris will escape!) it was just fun watching the puzzle be solved. Then again, I did grow up on Columbo movies....

The fancy gimmicks and bright colors (the color of the day today is... purple!) don't get me any more since I realized this is CBS' answer to Heroes. Notice when it went on the air three years ago is when CSI:M became a comic book action show. Sorry, "graphic novel".

As for the car and the woman not being able to get out, fancy cars with all electric systems can short and the doors will not open since the computer can't send the signal. People have died in automatic door and window cars as a result when they catch fire because there is no manual override available. Seems implausible but is sadly real!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  5. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I was curious about what the laws were, so I looked it up.

In Florida, you have to be 18 or older to be liscensed to carry a gun. However, a gun may be used by someone ages 16 or 17, in their own home, with their parents permission, given that all activity is legal.

So yep, Horatio could give Kyle the gun as long as Kyle used it only for self defense and on his own property.

I got the vibe that Horatio did give Kyle the gun. It would be too weird if Horatio saw his son pointing a loaded gun and didn't say anything. Plus, Julia says something like, "we did just what you asked." It makes me think that Horatio probably told Kyle to defend the him and his mother from any intruders.

On another note, I loved Yelina in this episode. She is so bad-ass! :lol:

6. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

I didn't think it was to fast at all for wolf to come out with the secret. When they planed this, I don't think they were thinking that Eric and Calleigh would accuse him of being part of the death. They thought wolf had something to do with his real death. he had no choice but to say he is alive. There was nothing much he could have done in that situation since he got busted with the number.

I also thought this episode was better then most. I thought that frank was going to get shot. I mean, it sure seemed like it with the camera and the slowdowns. A few times my heart started to race because I really didn't know what was going to happen. They sure bluffed me when it came to frank though, I thought he was going to die.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

So what did happen with Kyle? Not clear on that part.

8. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Y'know, I thought that too, until I realized that I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what my two best friends' phone numbers are, or either of my sisters', or either of my roommates'. They're all programmed into my phone, so I've never bothered to memorize them. I'm fairly certain the only number I know off the top of my head (other than my own) is my mom's cell phone -- because she's had that since before I had a cell phone, so I had to memorize it. After that realization, I found it much more improbable that Ortega knew what's-his-name's number, assuming the phone he used was stolen after his escape and not the same one he had in prison.

9. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Still wondering how Kyle managed to NOT get shot or shoot his dad-so now he's telling his mom "give dad a chance to explain-give him more time,etc" good to know the strained relationship is getting slightly better. Maybe he heard on the news about "the shooting/murder of Lt Caine" and had a pang of remorse. Seems like Kyle might side with Horatio now more than Julia since it's pretty clear that H will to anything to defend his family. That's gotta count for something with that kid.

10. Christine_ME

Christine_ME Hit and Run

11. Fabrinka

Fabrinka Dead on Arrival

hmm.. the best actors: - sofia milos and adam rodriguez.
    the worse actors- david carus :( and jonathan togo.

i thought it will be fantastic episode. but it wasnt. it was boring:(

12. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

^^^ I would really have to disagree. David and Togo were really great in this episode, more so than usual. Sofia and Adam were amazing too, but the other two really shined in this episode. So did Calleigh.

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I think my husband (he chooses to be spoiler free, unlike me) summed it up pretty well when he turned to be after the end and said, "All that suspense for nothing?"

I could have predicted everything that happened on the episode. It was a tad too predictable I must say.

First, new opening credits.... I like! Nice shot of H with a smile. :)

Second..... if you were Horatio Caine... wouldn't you freak out if your 16 year old was walking around the house with a gun?! Oh yeah *smacks self on forehead* you're Horatio Caine! It probably runs in the family. :lol:

Third..... If you were playing dead... why would you still appear to so many people and even at your own workplace?! Gosh when H said he was going underground, I thought he meant he'd not show up everywhere! Seems like only the good guys see him and the bad guys don't! :rolleyes:

Fourth...... man did Ryan spill the beans fast or what? If I were Ryan and I got busted by E/C I'd like run or keep my mouth shut and let Eric beat the crap out of me. He had orders from H not to tell anyone till it was all over.

Overall it was an ok episode. The beginning was good but things slowly got boring and predictable once it was revealed H was still alive.

I really wish H and Yelina would've had more screentime together. And H was too cold to her for my liking. She's putting her life on the line for him and he doesn't seem to reciprocate her efforts at all! :scream:

Me too! I'm glad we got to see everyone's reaction to H being dead, but I wish they would have addressed the issue about him explaining his action to the others except for Eric and Yelina. Ok given those two are "family", and the lack of time to cram everything into about 40minutes. But still.... I wish it would have been addressed.

Exactly! But I'm glad H didn't have to swop in and save Yelina, I liked that she stood up to him. It was awesome. After Saris left and Yelina nodding to H represented by the SOJs was a nice touch too.

H should have shown some sort of affection to Yelina IMO.

Yes the last scene with Jake and Cal was one of my fave scenes. It was so touching. I mean Jake looked hot and if I were Cal I'd wait for him, but I also understand why it would be hard for her, to never know what would ahppen to Jake. He mentioned he would disappear for 6 months. Does it mean no more Jake this season? :scream:

Not silly at all. I'm too reliant on speed-dial, obviously :lol:. I call some of my friends very often but I don't know their numbers at all.

I agree. Yelina can kick-ass if she wanted to.

I guess there was too much hype as with all season premieres, so maybe that's why the episode didn't live up to expectations. Oh well... till next week!

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I too was a little disappointed in how rushed the feeling was. Hell I would have been fine if this would have been a two-parter. At least then they could have had interaction between the characters. I didn't like the idea of Wolfe answering the phone and wouldn't have been better to use a disposable phone for that "Its Done" thing.

Oh well its Miami and H did look good as usual and here's hoping to a good season.

15. byline

byline CSI Level One

My sense was that TPTB wanted to make it look like Ryan was part of a conspiracy to get Horatio killed. No way in a million years would people believe Calleigh would do such a thing, or even Eric, so Ryan was the logical choice.

But you're right; in a more logical scenario, the person H would have counted on was Calleigh . . . first, last, always. But logic is rarely part of the equation with this series. :D