Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hestia, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salean

Salean Rookie

Re: Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Hmm... Elevator Love? Yeah, that's kinda cool.

Oooh, I'd forgotten about that. Hmm... not sure. What sort of things do we have in it so far?

2. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

sounds very cute :thumbsup:
    May i ask stupid question: in the thread title, It necessarily should be the phrase from show?

3. Salean

Salean Rookie

No, not necessarily. But it does have to be something that has some relevance to the ship (obviously) and that the majority of posters in the thread have agreed on.

Well, at least, that's the way I've always thought it goes. For example, one of the HipHuggers threads a little while ago was 'Soon to Become a Major Religion', or something like that. Which wasn't a quote from the show but, I would imagine, was some sort of injoke amongst those shippers. The Sandle thread's title is 'The Ship of Hope', which is a nod to the fact that we still haven't given up hope for them. And we never will.

But most of the time it's just easier to use something from the show... I think. I'm not really sure.

Aaaaanyway. I'm gonna quit rambling now. :p

4. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Salean, thanks for answer :)

How about: I will always care about you?

Because even when Calleigh mad on Ryan and yelling on him, she still caring about him, like when in "death pool" and "Kill Switch". :rolleyes:
    Sorry for my bad English :p

5. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

*munch munch munch* Hey, not bad on the cookies Karu! My personal favorite! ;) *sips virgin cosmo to wash it down* Any one else want one? *offers tray of cosmos around the circle*

Anyway...thought I'd bring in my thoughts for the day...Has anyone seen the new teaser for Resurrection?

I found a vid of the first few minutes of the episode where Ryan has to tell Calleigh and Eric that Horatio is dead. It looks completely amazing!!!!! The emotion is so raw and you can tell its breaking Ryan's heart to tell Calleigh the news! He just kept saying "He's gone. He's dead." over and over again like he was trying to make her believe it. I say he should have given her a hug, and he probably would have but Eric was trying to rip his face off.

So far no outright CarWash, but I'm willing to wait for my time and place. I did think the emotions between them in that scene were electrifying though!

Here's to hoping for a good season! Cheers!

6. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hmm, I'm not sure... lemme take a look.

on the clock- period of the day when CaRWash maintains a professional, yet playful conduct... until after hours that is

babe ©- term of endearment used by Calleigh to address Ryan in Going Under; phrase 'thanks babe' is copyrighted by CaRWash forums, fanfiction and other media

we love alibis- we're onto you, punk

cosmopolitan- CaRWash choice of drink as seen in Legal

taking her class- CaRWash creativity; used by Ryan in Legal and inspired by Calleigh

laptop combustion- caution, ship will cause sparks to fly!

diamond in the rough- metaphor used to describe CaRWash's relationship

colour coded orange- CaRWash's signature colour

OCD- aka Ryan's 'obsessing over Calleigh' disorder

bonding over evidence- source of many famous CaRWash quotes; what Calleigh and Ryan spend most of their time doing in the lab

subtle- term to use CaRWash's connection

"You, in the elevator. With me. We're leaving now" - what Calleigh says when she is on Ryan's side but can't show it [although Ryan couldn't quite see it at the moment, could he?]

"Can you focus on the task at hand, please?"- 'We'll talk about that later!'; (after the famous line "Never pushed aside the dinner plates to get some?")

Gator Bait - Nickname for Ryan as given by Calleigh in Under The Influence

"You could've been Gator Bait on your first day" - "Don't you ever do something like that again."

CaRWash - Calleigh and Ryan Wolfe addicted shippers, relation between Calleigh and Ryan as referred to by shippers and other fandomers.

"I don't follow" - Comment used by Ryan twice when talking to Calleigh, meaning "I don't know what you're talking about, but please explain it to me so I can talk to you longer.

Ryan- Irish for little king, may be a possibility of him crowing 'I'm king of the lab!'

Calleigh- name is variant of Kaylee; Kay and the suffix Lee combined. Kay short for Katherine, is Greek for pure.

copping a swab- stolen moment between Calleigh and Ryan where she swabs his hand after he gets DNA evidence under his fingernails in Cyberlebrity; note that they obviously miss each other.

And that's pretty much it... let me know if you guys come up with something!

Aww, that's sweet... it could work. Maybe we should set up a poll for thread titles when the time comes.

As a matter of fact, I did and all I have to say is woah... I can't wait for season 7! *crosses fingers*

7. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

I'm here! Yeah, yeah, I live, AGAIN. School starting and all, don't get me started. Someone seriously needs to drag me into here once in a while.:rolleyes:

Am I the only one who heard that the season promo doesn't look promising?

Hey, hey, hey! Who stole my thread title?:p Karu, I came up with that on page 26.

It's what Ryan said to Cal in...the episode the website about Cal popped up? Didn't he ask her for a chance to figure out where it came from or something? Help?

Anyway, did you just think of that randomly or did you actually remember me suggesting that? Cause I didn't read back so:p If you thought of that on your own that would be like great minds think alike.
    You know I love you;)

PS: I'm writing on Best Day Of My Life again!:)

8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Dutchie! *tackles* Great to have you back... and just in time too!

No I didn't remember... you know I have a terrible memory. I just remembered that Ryan said that to Calleigh in an episode-- I don't remember which one though-- and it just stuck with me. So yeah, I guess I was channeling you...

By the way, thanks for the great news on Best Day of My Life! There haven't been many updates in CaRWash fanfiction... I can't wait to read it!

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I watched Chain Reaction last night, its the epi after Ryan is reinstated, and although he and Calleigh are working together quite a bit they dont mention Ryan's gambling or rehiring at all. I know they touched on it in Cyberlebrity, but you think there would be one scene at least, (maybe in the locker room!) where they have a tender reunion, Well, I suppose I can dream.
    Sorry, cant think of any dictionary additions, my mind has gone blank.

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Come to think of it, why didn't TPTB do that? I know I was definitely waiting for a scene about Calleigh being happy that Ryan's back but they decided to be evil again. *pokes TPTB* Hopefully there'll be some moments like that next season...

11. Salean

Salean Rookie

Did anyone manage to see the episode yet?

I seem to remember from last season that we don't have that many Americans in this thread, and so none of us really get to watch the episode until later. Over here season 6 has only just started.

Just to check, it was last night that it was airing, wasn't it?

12. >!<[Court]>!<

>!<[Court]>!< Victim

Yea, it aired Monday the 22.

The episode was pretty good and there were a few kinda sorta CaRWash scenes. Not exactly the amount I was hoping for but... more than I expected.

Everyone was right about Calleigh being mad at Ryan though. She definitely thought that Ryan had something to do with Horatio, but once she found out what was going on it was like she was never mad at him in the first place. Kinda weird.

13. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

Hey all! Just doing my duty as one of the few Americans and reporting on last night's episode! ;)

I personally wouldn't hold your breath for the episode. In my opinion, it felt very off for Miami, very unnatural. It was really really rushed and I felt like the storyline didnt' flow and it wasn't really remotely plausible. I mean, I know Miami is supposed to be predictable, but this was insanely simple to figure out.

And the emotions from the characters? It was like watching socks roll around in the dryer. Even the great actors that Emily and Jon are were having trouble selling the lousy dialouge. I did love the chemistry they got to show as he told her about H being dead, but that was about as far as it went.

Good news for us CaRWashers though; Jake and Calleigh officially break up for good in this episode..one of the few scenes I actually liked! ;)

Some people are saying they liked the show, but I was kinda sad to see my favorite TV show drug through the dirt like that. In my mind the old Miami is dead, and I'm not sure I can learn to love the new. I think my flame has pretty much been snuffed out, but you may think differently when you see it.

Just my two cents!

14. Salean

Salean Rookie

Managed to be able to watch about 3/4 of the episode online.

Did anyone else feel that there was something missing from the emotions of the characters? Ryan seemed to cave very easily, considering that Horatio had told him not to tell. And once they found that out, all the anger at him seemed to just disappear. Now, I'm not a fan of Ryan getting into trouble all the time, but it would have been more realistic if there'd been a little fall out. Maybe next episode?

However

I didn't see the scene where Calleigh and Jake officially broke up. It's good for us, although it confuses me because I swear that other spoilers were indicating the opposite...

15. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

I agree with you completely Salean! You communicated exactly what I was trying to get at in my lame attempt at an explanation:lol:...maybe that's the reason the episode felt so weird to me!

And about the second spoiler box:
    I've heard spoilers all over the place saying this and that. Some I've heard say that this isn't the end cause Jake is finally committing to her in the last scene with them together, and then she turns him down. Then again I've also heard that Johnny (the guy who plays Jake) has other stuff he wants to do right now and that's why they wrote him out of the show again. Personally I think its over, but knowing Miami they are gonna drag this one out forever!

Keep the flame alive fellow CaRWashers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.