Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Leela, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Haha, I'd love to see Cal go and blow away the Crypt Kings ala Keanu Reeves in Street Kings. :lol: That would be so awesome! I don't think they'll kill Jake off (at least I hope not), but I can certainly see an attempt on his life landing him in a hospital... only the hospital will be well protected by goverment officials or whatever to keep Jake safe. Maybe he'll be in a coma and Calleigh will realize, "screw the consequences, I can't live without him" and then she'll tell him that even though he's in a coma and eventually her voice will bring him back... and the first thing he says to her will be something along the lines of "hey there, gorgeous" or something similiar. :)

Haha, I certainly wouldn't object! :D I'd be like "Could you do that again, please?" hehe. :D

2. Lambchop

Lambchop Rookie

Pretty much what Emily said. LOL!!

3. GregNickRyanFan

ROTFLMAO! Really? See, I knew she was really smart! :D I would have been like, "Can we do that take again? I think I messed up." Then I'd do that several times just to get to kiss him that many times. :lol: No, seriously... I'd probably be too shy to do that, but I know I'd be thinking it in my head. :lol:

I really don't think it'll be that easy for Cal to get over Jake. I do think we'll be seeing him again. And I think as always, she'll not be able to resist him. :D

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

If Jake died because of the C.K. gang (Now I'm sure Jake is gonna die:(), Calleigh will go to the C.K. place w/ C/S, 9 mm guns, kalashnikov, bazookas & bombs to kill all of the members:lol:.
    I can picture her like this in this kind of situation:lol:

I'm sure this wasn't Jake's last episode, we'll se more of him;)

As for the kiss I think it was just on the corner of the lips...maybe Emily got excited by the fact Johnny kisssed her on the lips & she thought it was on the mounth w/ the tounge:lol:. You know when someone like Jake/Johnny kisses you like this it's almost impossible for you to remember the name :lol:. How to blame the girl.
    No doubt they shot that scene at least thre times:devil:

5. GregNickRyanFan

I'm gonna be the optimist and say I don't think they will kill him off. But, just to be sure, maybe we should all write to them and beg them to let our Jakey live. :) Think that would work? Just in case they are thinking of killing him off...

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I don't think it would work just for one reason, they don't listen to the fans 'cause if they listened to us they would have given us plenty of team scens, althought they began to listen to us.

As for Jake surviving..I don't know. I'm sure he'll reappear for another episode, but at the same time I really feel he's going to die (as mjszud mentioned while trying to convince me, there are lots of elements indicating his future death), but, at the same time, I think it's a pretty good idea & now I'm gonna explain why.
    In the episode we had the opporturnity to know the real feeling both Cal & Jake have for eachother. Jake loves Cal & viceversa.
    W/ Jake dying thiese feeling would be enlightned by Calleigh's drama.
    She will be alone another time but this time knowing that Jake won't come back.
    As long as you wait you still hope you can see your boyfriend, but his death will drop off these hopes.
    I don't think Calleigh loves any other person & I'm pretty sure that her "new" boyfriend will be just a person who's there for her during the dramatic period. It will be a friend not the love of her life. This is the most important difference & that's why I think it would be better for TPTB to kill him off, although I know I would manage to watch the show without Jake:(

7. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think it would be good to kill him off... not that way anyway. If they have to kill him off, let him take a bullet for her and die in her arms with his last words being that he loves her. They have yet to let them say those words to each other. If that's what has to happen for us to hear them say it, then so be it. But, I'd much rather they didn't kill him off. I'd much rather though that they have him get badly hurt and put him in a coma (yes, I know it's cliche, but I don't care if it keeps him alive lol) than kill him off. I think originally they only planned for him to be in this one ep cause of Johnny's pilot, but since that didn't get picked up, he may have time for more eps now.

I think it would be redundant to kill him off though. They've already killed off one of Calleigh's ex-boyfriends. Killing off another would just be too much. I really hope they don't go this route at all.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I really hope it won't happen too;). I don't want it to happen, but if Calleigh has to stay w/ another boyfriend, who she doesn't love like she did w/ Jake, it would be better for him to dye instead of being a bad person.
    The idea of him being in a coma & than dying?? No way,if Jake has to die, he has to do it in one moments not w/ an agony.
    As for Johnny's pilot I think that "Ressurection" ended like this just because TPTB didn't know what was going to happen w/ it's pilot & that's why I still hope he'll be on CSI:Miami for lots more episode;)

As for Calleigh's ex-boyfriend...well she didn't love him.
    This time she loves Jake & she showed it, the situation is different now & I can imagine being badly hurt after Jake's death which is natural if you really love one person.
    I don't think anyone will be able to replace Jake & that's why I would be ok w/ his death after an episode like this;)
    I think that TPTB had just done a good job w/ it, probably the best one they could ever do that I don't want to be ruined by the possibily of Jake living but, still, being the cocky one they wanted us to know 'cuse the las Jake we saw was the real one:p

9. GregNickRyanFan

I didn't mean him being in a coma and then dying. I meant him staying in the coma for a good while (it'd be better than killing him off). I still think if they absolutely feel that they have to kill him off that they do it where he's being heroic not being hunted down by some vengeful gang. That's just a cop out to me. Maybe she's somewhere and someone tries to mug her with a gun and they are about to shoot her when Jake appears and jumps in front of her, pulling out his own gun at the same time and shooting the suspect. Jake and Calleigh don't realize at first that he has also been shot. She tells him to hold on and help will be there soon as she radios for help with an "officer down" message. Jake says he doesn't think he's gonna make it. And then he tells her that he loves her. She says it back as she's crying. The ambulence comes, but he either dies in on the way to the hospital or shortly after getting there. I wouldn't want him to die where she just has to hear about it from someone else. But, I really really don't want him to die at all. :(

And now I've got a fic idea going in my head and it'll probably bug me till I write it and I don't like to write this kind of stuff. I like happily ever afters. :lol: I've never written out and out angst before. Just short angst that doesn't last long. :lol: I guess I could give it a try. I'll probably boo hoo just writing it though. :lol: I don't know who I'd make be her new beau (which would be much later in the fic). I know who it won't be! :lol:

I just thought of something. Sometimes on shows when they say one thing too much, the opposite ends up happening. Like if one character says several times to another "I'll never take you back. It's over." then they usually do eventually end up getting back together. So, if that were to apply in Miami-world, mentions of Jake's possible death would essentially mean that he'd get a reprieve/new life/second chance, etc. :)

And with that happy note, I'm off to get a little sleep. I won't be back online until after 5pm central time cause the network's gonna be down for maintenance. So, I'll talk to you all later. :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That is also why if they choose to kill him I would be sad but ok with it, because I'd rather (as a viewer) recall the good Cake memories opposed to him just "seeming to be a bad guy" & him leaving - cause he isn't bad, so I don't want to see him "just go away" & that be it,because I don't call that closure when 2 people break up who still have feelings for each other. It would be agonizing to have to sit back & wonder if he'd ever make it back alive to be with her. Kinda like we're doing now already:shifty:

I agree also that it was different with Hagen because she didn't love him, she clearly wanted to just be friends & even SAID THAT so with Jake it's a different situation cause her feelings with him are much stronger - it would affect her terribly which is the part I wouldn't want to see, but kinda would at the same time cause I think she would have a huge meltdown more than what we've ever seen on Miami.

Sidenote: I enjoyed Nat's moment of grief over Nickhead but again it was different because he was a true "bad guy", once it was over it was just over & she was fine to finally rid him from her life.

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Exactly my opinion.
    It's time to rememeber Jake as a good guy plus I can't stand going on like this wondering if he's going to reappear or not. We're like Cal....we don't know anything about his future but we'd love to be able to see him at least another time.
    I think this is Calleigh's feeling....that's the only reason why she said "I can't live like that".
    People can say everything about it, but this episode showed only one thing...LOVE.

And a meltdown like this would be the best part of Calleigh's character development, one thing we didn't see for years.
    I know it's sad, but, at the same time, I think it's a pretty good way to develope her character.

Anyway let's try to be optimistic & say Jake is gonna survive & Cal is gonna wait for him, again;)

Sidenote: I enjoyed Nat's moment of grief over Nickhead but again it was different because he was a true "bad guy", once it was over it was just over & she was fine to finally rid him from her life.[/quote]

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think so too. It's the one kind of development that I don't mind so much because it's so much more realistic losing someone you love & to watch them grieve, than it is watching them go through their billionth car accident, work problems & abduction...all in one season:rolleyes:

I really think this is what tptb are actually doing with all this, moreso than giving her reason to move on - cause I don't likely see that happening if this theory of ours plays out.

It's really pathetic that we're in here practically planning Jake's funeral...were a lively bunch aren't we?! :guffaw:

Well there is one more theory to think about.
    TPTB enjoy to the fullest to let viewers think one thing but then it's really another, so - how do we really know that Jake leaves for UC? I mean, he didn't exactly say "well Im still leaving, see ya".
    He kissed her goodbye, but really - leave it to tptb to resurface Jake later (most likely when he'll die :brickwall:) & they'll have been back together the whole time.
    At this point, sadly, I don't think him going undercover or staying in town doing odd jobs will keep him safe from the CK's. I hate not being able to ponder the idea of a great future for them, but I go back to 'Going Under' when his partner was killed for being caught, the look on Cal's face when she talked to the widow about losing someone UC...ugghhh....it just makes me so sad, cause it's like bringing it full circle from when it all first happened with them :(

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I know lots of people wont' like what I'm going to say, but since Duke Duquesne disappeared I didn't see anything about Calleigh's character development in more than two years & I know it's not good.
    When I watched the CaKe scenes the other day I was "OMG this is her first chacter's development in ages".
    I'll always say that you won't develop a character by trying to kill hm/her almost in every episode, but buy building up a good plotline like a love story possibely a CaKe plotline.
    Well...after almost 2 years we were, finally, able to see something like this (that how I wanted it to be in these terms) w/ this couple.
    It was, maybe, a little bit too late,but it was so good:p

Well it's really pathetic that TPTB did something like this.
    They didn't know how to work CaKe & the triangle out so that they had to come to something like this...I think this was the only way to solve troubles & stuff TPTB weren't able to handle.
    We all know TPTB for CSI aren't good at building up romantic stoylines & what happened in these years prooved it.
    Oh in our dreams Jake will alway be alives as Caliegh & their children:guffaw:

Excatly, I always thought about that scene since it first aired...I think that probably it was their intention since the beginning, but then, again, they weren't able to handle it also because of (I think it played a very important role in it) fans always requesting the same thing E/C & E/C even if TPTB never intended to build up an E/C plotline.
    They had to do it also ruining CaKe becasue of the constant/ urgent demand of fans:rolleyes:

14. GregNickRyanFan

I really hope (and think) that they won't put Calleigh with Eric if Jake dies (or otherwise). That would be a slap in our faces. But, maybe just maybe they felt like they can't keep having Calleigh and Eric flirt with Jake in the picture. So maybe they're going to have them continue to flirt (kind of like Cath & Warrick), but never have anything come of it. I hope so because I can't see Calleigh with him (or anyone else on the show for that matter)... no one but Jake. And I can't see Eric with anyone except Nat. :lol:

As much as I hate the idea of Jake dying, my muse is forcing me to write a fic about just that (only he won't die by the CK's hands cause that's just too cliche for my tastes-he'll die heroically). But, I'm having trouble with a title. Right now I have the temp title as "How Do I Live Without You", but that doesn't really fit cause that song talks about "if you ever leave, how will I go on" not "now that you're gone, how will I get along". Anyone have any title ideas?

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well, actually, the only way I could see Calleigh having Eric as a boyfriend is Jake's death.
    Honestly, they were supposed to build up a triangle.
    Well at first we only had Calleigh w/ Jake flirting w/ him exchaging dialogues like the one about the coffee machine in "Bang Bang Your Debt" (I just watched it:lol:) & it was pretty clear that Jake was her boyfriend & they lived together.
    As for Eric he was just her best friend & she was concerned because of him/ his health. So I wasn't able to see any kind of triangle because she was w/ Jake & she didn't think about anything/anyone else.
    Then we had "Deep Freeze" when they had to "break" their relationship because of a dumb rule:rolleyes:.
    We all know they hid their relationship & again this shows how for both Jake & Cal the other part of the couple was important...no matter what Eric tolde her in "Sun Block" (the famous night shift stuff:lol:) she, still, was w/ Jake. And Jake surely loved her because if you didn't love ( I mean deep feelings) a person, you wouldn't hold her hand outside the department where everyone else can see you & ruin your career in one minute, you would be "oh shit, I don't mind her, I don't want to be fired so she can easily stay alone, for me". That was for both of them. They both broke a rule because of their feelings because they're a real couple not a fictional couple.
    We all know what happened in "Stand Your Ground" but I don't think that Calleigh left him because of that reason.....again, she wouldn't have done what she did in "Sun Block".
    The only problem is that since that episode Jake disappeard & there was no mention of him (except for the black widow stuff in "Ambush") for 12 episodes:eek:. This is way too much even for TPTB in terms of conitnuity.
    Now, the triangle was completely dropped off just because Jake wasn't there...we only had E/C flirting moments in every single episode w/ one when Eric almost would have asked her to marry him, if they hadn't finished the episode.
    Again, this could easily mean there was no hope for us & that TPTB's intention was just to put Calleigh w/ Eric. I wouldn't have accepted it.
    Now, w/ Jake dying I think I can cope w/ it 'cause I know that Calleigh has not those deep feeling for Eric, she has them just for Jake.
    At the end of "Ressurection" there was no mention of Eric in that dialogue, surely Calleigh wasn't saying "Stop it Jake, we have to break up 'cause I love Eric" or "I don't know what to do 'cause I don't know what I feel about you or anyone else". She didn't say these things.
    She only said "I don't know if you would ever come home, if you would ever survive.....I can't live like this". I think it's pretty different.
    She cares about him & she loves him so much that she always thinks what would happen, if he didn't come back 'cause she know this couold happen & she doesn't want it to happen...she loves him.
    She's alone at home whenever she thinks about him, there isn't Eric, there isn't Horatio, there isn't Ryan...she is alone crying & waiting for him.
    So that's why I think I could cope w/ Jake dying & Calleigh being w/ Eric 'cause I know he wouldn't be her true love (he'll try to replace Jake in Calleigh's heart, but he won't be able to do it), but I know he would always be there for her as her best friend;) & I think I could cope w/ it 'cause that would be more realistic than what they tried to give us till now w/ Calleigh & her relationships. It would be only good for her character development which was so good in "Resurrection" &, now, there are so many opportunities to improve it.
    I also think, that her reaction to Jake's possible death will be worth an Oscar:p
    Plus if Jake died, Celleigh's sone would be named Jake jr., I'm sure about it;)

Maybe you can call it just "Calleigh's heart" or "Love wound":p, I really don't know...I'm not good at these things:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.