701 Resurrection - **Contains Spoilers!!**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Sep 20, 2008.

1. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I thought it was a good episode, but it was just a little bit disappointing. Maybe I had my expectations too high, but in the end it felt like your run-of-the-mill episode, and after 3 months of waiting I wanted a little more than that.

I was, however, pleased with how they explained Horatio's "death." It was actually somewhat believable, unlike most of what happens on this show. I wanted a little more of Ryan, Julia, and Kyle, but we'll probably see more of them later.

Although I've got to say, why put Kyle in the episode at all if he's only going to say two lines and be on camera for about 15 seconds?

2. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I for one, loved that he 'almost' shot at his dad-both walking around with guns- PLEASE Hcrazy post that 1 min snippet on youtube or something!I like the explaination of the new coroner guy was actually ATF or something so it'll explain the new girl so fast. Heck this guy can leave and use the fact that the other girl got whacked as a reason for leaving and nobody would question it. Loved that Ryan couldn't keep the secret not 10min.! Still confused since I thought Horatio would be undercover like weeks and not 1 day but he did round up all the bullets like promised. So where did the money go? all the gangs got it and the bullets went up on the boat but not snarky Ron-oh well, everybody always says we don't have enough villains worthy of H. THis one coming back later season or whatever would be fun. Liked the glimpse into Cal's emotional life-she did care for Jake but can't wait for him. So leaves the door open for more touching moments with Eric. Yelina really came thru for H and so did that Cuban guy giving him money like that. I thought the epi was good in that it wrapped up most of it nicely and so onto next week...

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Best line of the night goes to Julia for telling Ron she wanted a divorce. It's about freaking time she opened her eyes! :lol:

Ryan was awesome. Loved how he looked so torn when Calleigh and Eric linked that text to him. He wanted to keep H's secret, but at the same time he knew if he didn't tell them the truth that Eric would probably pound him and have him arrested. Liked how they didn't seem angry with him after that.

:lol: at jealous Eric asking H why choose Wolfe and not him. :lol: Horatio's answer was perfect "Because Eric, you were the obvious choice." That's what I've been saying all along. :lol:

Wasn't crazy about Valera's hair in this ep. It's a tad bit too short. But, hey... at least she was in the episode. :lol: at nervous Thomas when Delko demanded to see the body.

I kind of figured Caldwell was helping H. Didn't expect him to be the one to send that text to Ryan though. I thought for sure it'd be Jake, but the spoilers were wrong there. There was a spoiler a while back that said Jake was helping H fake his death. Jake had nothing to do with that. :lol: He was already undercover in that gang. Loved that he risked his life to get those guns and that when Calleigh told him that was a big sacrifice for the case and he said he didn't do it for the case, he did it for her. Awww!

Now if only they can get that whole gang rounded up and put in jail, Jake would be safe and could quit UC and just be a regular cop and be on the show more. Whether he's with Calleigh or not. I just love the guy. :lol: The kiss wasn't as big as it looked on the promo. It was just a quick peck on the lips. :sigh: But then again, that was Johnny adlibing too. He was supposed to kiss her on the cheek, but he felt that Jake would not do that, he'd go for the lips. I love how the actors always know their characters better than the writers do. :lol:

I was a little surprised that Ron didn't know anything about Yelina. I would have thought he would have known about Horatio's nephew. Has Horatio's son not met Ray Jr yet? That's weird.

Oh and every time they start using those fancy smancy computer thingies, I feel like I'm watching an episode of Stargate Atlantis or something futuristic. Do crime labs really have that fancy of gizmos at their disposal? :lol: It's neat, but just weird. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  4. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Maybe Ron was too busy trying to get Rich Black Widow Julia in bed and married to him so he could get at her money. Although if he was supposed to be such a gun dealer he would have known his adversary better I think. But loved that Yelina was being roughed up by the bad guy and H managed to NOT pull the trigger and wait it out to continue the undercover stuff. I think maybe Ron dove into the water and the snake will resurface later to maybe threaten Julia and Kyle will try to shoot him/save his mom and then history will repeat itself-Julia will die and Kyle will have been too late to save her just like H couldn't save his mom. About this epi though, loved how we got to wrap things up mostly and have somewhat more equal screen time for the characters...except like the 30 seconds of Natalia. Sorry not more Kyle time but liked that Kyle defended his dad's plan to mom-give him more time he said? like he knew Ron was bad news and the real reason his mom has been afraid.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Loved that Kyle was seemingly on Horatio's side... finally. :lol: I think Ron will resurface later and kidnap Julia or something and then H will have to go save her and Kyle will secretly tag along. I can really see that. How come H didn't say anything to Kyle for having a gun? I wonder if H gave him that gun. I don't think it's legal for a person under 18 to have a gun is it? :lol:

6. Christine_ME

Christine_ME Hit and Run

Firstly, I have to say that I LOVED this episode. I was so excited about it. I saw a few of the spoilers and I was really relieved that Ryan wasn't a 'bad guy.' It looked like Ryan almost crapped his pants when he saw his number pulled up with "It's done." on that fun screeny-thing. I really thought Eric was going to punch first, ask questions after. It was cute that Eric got jealous of Horatio choosing Ryan over him for the plan though. Poor Eric... He is definately Horatio's side-kick, I can see how it could hurt him. Neat that Horatio had Caldwell shoot him. I really liked how they played out the whole 'fake death' scene. It was pretty realistic the way everything worked out.

In a way, it was kind of crappy of Calleigh to not give Jake another chance after he risked his life to get those guns for her. But, at the same time... I'm a MAJOR DuCaine fan, so... I'm still hanging on to the small glimmer of hope. Which brings me to another point. Calleigh was rightfully really upset at the beginning of the episode when she found out about Horatio's 'death.' Then, she acted like she was going to stop at nothing to find out what happened. After her and Eric heard about the plan from Ryan, she backed off. It was like she didn't have any more emotions about the ordeal... If that makes any kind of sense. They didn't see each other for the entire episode. But, I guess if they did, that would have thrown everything off for Jake helping her out.

Also, I thought Yelina was a good choice to go to Salis with the money. He's a typical average guy who, in the end, is a dog. So, props to H for that idea. Although, I still want him to be with Calleigh... :) :)

It would have been fun to see more of Kyle in the episode. It was indeed interesting that Horatio didn't say anything to him about having that gun. It would have really been interesting if Kyle shot Horatio as he was turning the corner.
    Anyway, the episode overall was pretty good. Although, the ending was kind of... dull, for lack of a better word. There was no proof indication of Salis' death. It does kind of leave room for him to come back in a later episode, in which I'll have to agree with a few of you... He will probably go back and try to attack Julia and Kyle. Kyle will try to be the self-righteous son and get her back someway, landing himself in a world of trouble and H will have to save both of them. We shall see. We can only sit and wait. Yuck. I wish it was all here now.. Right now... with DuCaine.

7. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
    Sorry for my bad The Who impression. This episode made me want to do that. I'm so glad that rumor about this episode taking place 3 months after the last scene in the season 6 finale was just that...:evil:A RUMOR:evil:. To me, it looked like this episode picked up just a few minutes after the very last scene in the season 6 finale.

There's 2 scenes that make me wonder who to feel sorrier for...Ryan or Eric.

The first scene that makes me want to feel sorry for someone is the scene where Calleigh and Eric found that "It's done." text message that Ryan got and they didn't recognize Ryan's cell phone number so they called it. Silly Ryan, he answered it, which gave Calleigh and Eric a chance to corner Ryan and force him to tell them that Horatio was alive. In the flashback, Ryan ask "What about the others?" Horatio replied "No one knows anything till this is over. Agreed?" Ryan nodded yes. That made me think Horatio didn't want anyone but Ryan to know he was alive. Poor Ryan. I hope there's not a next time but if there is...next time he shouldn't answer the cell phone unless he recognizes the number calling.
    Wait. Wait. Wait. Why didn't Calleigh and Eric just run a computer search to see if it was a number belonging to a registered cell phone or a prepaid cell phone??? I doubt those are prepaid phones they use. I bet Ryan's photo would've popped up if they'd ran a search.

Anyway...the other scene that made me want to feel sorry for someone was the scene where Eric met up with Horatio in that parking garage. Something about the look on Eric's face and the tone of his voice when he said to Horatio "Why Wolfe? Why didn't you come to me?" made me think Eric was hurt, upset, disappointed and maybe a little insulted that H went to Ryan instead of him.

I still don't know who to feel sorrier for...Ryan or Eric.

There was one little thing I found a little disappointing: Horatio didn't really get shot. The only episode I can think of where Horatio got injured any or actually got hurt in a way that would make him bleed was the last episode of season one-Body Count. Stewart Otis cut Horatio's hand trying to get Horatio to let him fall to his death instead of having to go back to jail.

But...over all this was a good episode.
    2 thumbs up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Keep up the good work CSI: Miami.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  8. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I felt it was rather rushed and I was unhappy that Ryan was made to seem like such a weakling, caving in as he did at the hands of his co-workers/friends- if he's that weak with a major secret involving Horatio's very existence, heaven help H if poor Ryan was ever kidnapped by an enemy! That doesn't seem like Ryan to me and I hope that doesn't happen in the future.

Running into Ron was what I least expected; I was thinking that this undercover operation would take an episode or 2, so that was a major shock. Could have done without Julia or Kyle (the latter is just not believable to me as Horatio's son, no matter how he holds a gun); hope they'll leave the scene soon. To me Yelina, Ray Jr., Suzie and Madison will always be Horatio's true family; I can't accept any substitutions. Also, by the way, does anyone get the impression that the writers are tired, bored and this is why this opening seems just a bit disappointing? I hope not, I sure would like to see this show run for years just as Law and Order does. I really, really hope so.

9. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

I tell you what, Calleigh didn't appreciate that at all. Infact I think that at the beginning it really traumatized her. I don't think I missed anything but both her and Eric seemed very pissed, even though Eric confronted him I think he was still ticked off at Horatio. I noticed Horatio and Calleigh didn't talk at all in that episode but yet he did talk to Eric. I think Calleigh is pretty upset. She broke down when she heard that. I mean, WOW I wonder what will happen between Calleigh and Horatio Cain.

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I found this episode rushed and anti-climatic. I thought Horatio was supposed to be thought dead for three months. We got a lot of misinformation in various spoilers, which wouldn't have been a bad thing if the ep had really rocked.

Here's some (more) random thoughts and opinions about this premiere:

Horatio/David Caruso looked great. :drool: He sure is in great shape.

Jake/Johnny Witworth looked great. :drool: What was it about him in this episode that made him look soooo sexy? I think something about the look on his face when he was being questioned and seemed like he might be a baddie. I'd like him in the show more along with Rick Stetler. But I don't want either to be baddies.

Eric needs a new hairstyle.

Valera's hair was too short. I think she'd look better with a longer bob and the hair a light brown maybe. I think she had this before and it looked good on her.

The dialogue in this ep wasn't nearly as good as it was in Ambush and Going Ballistic. Where was the clever, snappy dialogue?

I thought H was supposed to go "darker." I didn't see it.

The music at the beginning was awesome.

Great scenes of the city and water as well. I love that.

But they need some different alligator shots.

And I was surprised that Ryan told Eric and Calleigh about H being alive so soon. Wouldn't that put Horatio's life in danger?

Ryan/Jonathan Togo is a good actor. Good looking too. He also just keeps getting better and better looking.

Why did they edit out the part where Ron got shot in the butt? :lol: It would've been funny, especially since it wasn't a serious injury.

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Lots of scenes from this episode cracked me up:guffaw:
    Here are my thoughts about it:

-Horatio I knew everything about him. I'm sure he made the right choice 'cuaue if he had chose Eric instead of Ryan the secret would have been revealed in 1 second insted of Ryan's 5:lol:.
    Seriously he can't trust anyone in that lab :rolleyes:.

-Calleigh...I don't know. At the beginning she was amazing also when they discovered Ryan. But then I don't know I didn't like her that much. I think they could have built up something more about the fact she hasn't been chosen by H. I mean she's his secon in command & she wasn't picked up, I'd be furious w/ H even knowing why he made that choice. I don't understand the choice of TPTB to not make her interacting w/ him at all.
    As for the end I have different thoughts about it, but I think this part was amazing.

-Ryan :guffaw:. He cracked me up seriously. The way Eric & Calleigh find it out was too dumb.
    I mean they don't know his mobile phone number?? :eek: What a great team.
    In that scene he was stupid, really. Even my cousin wouldn't have answered that call :lol:
    Anyway Jonathan's acting wa fantastic.

-Eric...please change his look:scream:

-Jake. I have no words for him :adore: I think this episode showed his true feelings for Cal. I loved his behaviour. Too bad she doesn't want to try because she's scared like hell, although she has deep feelings for HIM.
    Now I'd love to see E/C development....a real one:wtf:.

-Yelina love that woman. She's always ther for H.

:guffaw:the explosion of the boat was great.

Love the new sunnies.

The new credits are odd, but I'm pretty sure it's because I have to get used to them.

12. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I think Ryan had to tell them so they would back off trying to find out who murdered him and help catch Saris.

2 things though....:rolleyes:

Since when to cons have cell phones in prison?
    Why was Natalia running the DNA with Valera standing next to her doing nothing?

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Yea, when the commercial came on, me and my Mom were like "Ryan told them already?" :wtf: They should have waited a little longer, but hey, maybe Ryan was scared Eric was going to punch him or something. :lol:

14. RedHot

RedHot Witness

I loved how Yelina tried to enter the personal space of Horatio but he inmediately back off. I think he thinks he is not worth it or something like that, you know, all his history with women hasn't been good.

15. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

*copied and pasted from other thread*

WOW! Loved the episode! Spoilers were a tad off, but oh well. I liked the scene when Eric and Calleigh realize that it was Ryan's phone and they turn around and see him. I honestly thought he would book it!

I liked when Eric got physical with him too. I totally saw it coming, but I wanted to see it happening anyway. Ryan was a little too chill then, but whatever. After that scene he did his normal "pop in, pop out" thing, but compared to season six, it was waaaayy better with the screentime.

Um...the Minority Report computer systems they have are just....oh goodness....Especially the cell phone one. Even as an avid fan of the show, it's hard not to lose a little respect when they whip out that crap.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! CALLEIGH AND JAKE ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!

Time for Eric to move in!

Next week's episode looks pretty cool and exciting. The outfit Ryan's wearing is pretty nice too. So that calls for this. POSSIBLE END OF MONOCHROMATIC OUTFITS!!! AAAAA!!!!!

Overall, I liked it.

But yeah, I was a little disappointed Ryan told them so soon. But Eric probably would have punched his lights out if he didn't! The look on his face when he answered the phone and realized it was Eric and Calleigh calling him....haha! It seriously looked like he was going to run for it.