Horatio/Yelina #9: If You Could Read My Mind....

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Mar 27, 2008.

?

Which thread name do you like best?

1. If You Could Read My Mind

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. What Hurts The Most Was Being So Close

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. My Love Is Only For You

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. In This Life I Was Loved By You

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Do I Have To Say The Words

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

No worries.

I'm pretty sure Y isn't gonna get killed off. She hasn't slept with H yet! :lol: I just hope she'll be in there for a longer time. Which I think is possible since there's this scene with Ron Saris.

I'm getting really excited to see Y tomorrow :D

2. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

You make a good point, Hrockz! I never thought of that. I hope your rationale is correct. Although you know we often get into trouble trying to second guess tgtb. Y could be the special one for just that reason - remaining untouchable forever. . . blah!

Looking forward to tonight! I'll be here with my cynical remarks shortly after!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  3. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Funny but fact ... I too feel a bit excited to see CSI M S 7 premiere. Don`t expect much and won`t be disappointed much. I know H will irritate me no end, but what can we do. I`ll try to stay a little optimist and enjoy the epi. After all I would love to see H & Yelina together on the screen, we`ll have Yelina life in dangerous, and not in last place we can say she is still part of H life - re help him fake his own death... so as long TGTB make something sensible & quality I`ll be happy... we don`t ask for much right, only 1-2 good H/Y moments and some hope for theirs future..

So I think to risk and keep our little tradition every season premiere - post caps and vid of our fav tv show couple. ;)

4. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Can someone please tell my why, when I click on the spoiler info, nothing happens for me. Did something change here? AND....just to keep it 'on topic'...I am so excited for tonight's show. I agree with Pusher that I don't hold out great expectations but at the very least, we will have something NEW to discuss here. Enjoy people. Will be back her tomorrow at noon!

5. ch3r12y

ch3r12y Witness

omg i just saw the scene with Y and H... their chemistry is sooo strong.. but again H is asking her to help him.... did anyone know what happened to Y after she called H when she was inside the car??

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  6. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Well, it was the usual fare as far as I'm concerned. There was only the one scene between them. (Water again) Y was full of longing looks, and for H it was all about his own agenda. That would be Saving The World. He actually seemed to show more affection for Eric than for Y, and that's sad. Interesting that he could go in a few years from protecting her to risking her life in such a dangerous plan. He trusts her, and that's a good thing, but I get the feeling he's not done with Julia. They still have a child together, and for H that DNA relationship is all important. And now that Julia seems to be a widow (but things are wide open for Ron Saris to be back!) there is no impediment to a relationship between H and J. Blah. No satisfaction for me other than seeing a few moments of Sofia. And likely if she's back it won't be until spring. This is getting boring.

7. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

From the little that I see, nothing so interesting. Its turn out that Frank talk with
    Yelina re H fake his own death. Its good to see that Yelina still try to help H. Wonder where is her
    limit?! And re her life been in dangerous... for me its some kind of relief that H didn`t save her.. no
    need to see Super H again.. not that in this epi he stay far away from this new part of his
    character.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
  8. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Can I just say she looks smashing in red?

LOVED her longin looks towards H! Yes H was again only concerned about his own agenda.. but lifes were at stake so I kinda understand.

Yelina coming on to Saris was both disgusting and funny. Yes the woman kicks ass!

And now the endless waiting for her to reappear begins again..

Oh and I thought I'd never say this but I kinda start to like Julia.

Saris: Money and me and bullets, what more could a woman want, right?
    Julia: A divorce.
    Saris: A what? Wh-what?

Of course my heart will always cheer for H/Y and not H/J !

9. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

I agree Pusher. I was merely commenting on the change in him over this issue. She is a different person (possibly not as important?) to him these days.

But she does kick ass, doesn't she? I love the strong Yelina.

I'm not starting to like Julia because she stands between H and Y, but I can see that she is becoming NOT GUILTY of anything (other than an ethical slip or two, and H has had one or two of his own). She was simply a VICTIM (H's favorite kind of people) of Ron's. The way is so open for something to develop between them. I am more and more convinced that tgtb just throw Sofia's fans a few bones every now and then. Pooh.

10. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Two words: Ho Hum! Not impressed at all. Everything was so rushed and so much left unexplained. Oh wait, what was I thinking? This is the new and improved CSI Miami! Personally I did not feel much of any connection between H/Y except that once again she was simply there to function as his minion. Agree with Pusher and really rather dismayed that H would put Y's life in such peril with Saris and do it so casually like it was every day stuff. And please tell me how she was able to contact the crime lord in one day and get him to trust a complete stranger enough to make an illegal arms transaction? And as long as we are nit picking here...if H was suppose to be underground, what was he doing at the police station where anyone and everyone, including Ortiz might be able to see him. Everything was just too rushed and unsatisfying. It should have at the very least been a two hour epi or a two parter. Boston Legal is up against Miami now and I think I'm jumping ship! Don't see that there is any hope of H/Y ever going anywhere. That ship has sailed. (Heavy sigh) And way more to laugh at on BL than H's silly one-liners and goofy looks.

11. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

I agree about the story line, but I have come to accept that about Miami. It's made up of mini-episodes or tiny snippets, non of which connect. I mean, they're all part of the bigger story, but there is no transition from one scene to another. So much has to be happening off screen, but everything is so instantaneous that there's no real way for off screen stuff to have transpired. I'm seeing more and more that 'comic book' genre: characters are two dimensional - just acting in whatever way is called for to forward the action, there's no developed plotline - just big fireworks from frame to frame and no explanation for anything, and of course that over-the-top super hero thing. I understand that this is the effect tgtb are going for and this is the way in which I should see things, and that's OK since that's the way they mean it to be. I think my problem is that the show wasn't that way from the beginning. They sucked me in to a show with "real" people, stories, victims, etc., then pulled a switcheroo somewhere along the way. I feel cheated. I don't appreciated having real things morph into the surreal without consideration for what's gone before. Does any of this make any sense? I liked what it was; I hate what it is.

And by the way, have you noticed how Horatio is suddenly just there? Makes sense if you're watching on TV, but how could the bad guys not have seen him coming along?

As to Boston Legal, I'm with you, Silk. (This show is quirky, and has been from the beginning and was always meant to be) It became one of my favorites last season, and I think I'll stick with it, at least until Sofia makes another appearance in Miami.

12. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Thank you Pusher. :D Much appreciated as I don't expect I will watch the episode. Or maybe I will just to see what this Julia vibe is all about. :rolleyes:

I liked that Frank called Yelina (continuity) but was rather 'wtf?' that H presumably hadn't informed her about his faked death (nice one H - what a guy!), didn't like that Horatio was all business and robotic, loved Y's badass attitude with Saris (you go girl!) and I'm still left wondering what Yelina still sees in Horatio. It's clear to me she still really cares for him, whereas he is so closed off. I still get the feeling though, that all is not lost for these two.

The shame of it is, we are in exactly the same place as we were last September. No development at all really - not even a hint of it. *sigh*

Edit:
    Makes perfect sense. The switcheroo occurred when Steve Maeda left, and the substance was sucked out of the show from Season 4 onwards. I don't 'hate' it as such, I just have a feeling of extreme indifference about it now. But yes, I do feel cheated.

13. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

What disturbed me most about the H/Y in this epi was that he pulled a Ray on her, no matter how quickly she found out the truth. She made the comment about Frank telling her H was alive. :wtf: If H was going to use her as a go-between in his plan, why couldn't he have warned her beforehand instead of breaking her heart, even if just for a little while? What bothers me about H/Y is for the last season plus, we've never had a decent explanation of why H suddenly is so cold toward her and so willing to put her life in danger at the drop of a hat. I am not pleased with Horatio.
    And the comments about Julia being Ron's "victim;" oh puh-lease, she was supposed to be working with Horatio when they met years ago, in Intelligence (I think they said), so she's never been a shy unworldly type. She certainly knew what Saris was when she got to know him. TGTB can't "unsay" the past; it's in the episodes. Have no idea what H sees in her now, other than being Kyle's Mom. Someone said earlier about the blood thing being so important to H. I think that's true, but Y's blood, too and she's never let him down except when H effectively lied to her about Madison's parentage, by "protecting" her and letting her believe Madison was his istead of Ray's. She's probably too worthy and H has too little self-esteem, despite his bravado, to think he deserves her????

14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I know, I thought for a minute there when she moved real close to him, she was going to touch his arm or cheek...of course, he walked away and I was like 'No! come back!':scream:

:lol:I want to know why she doesn't pull this act with Horatio! She would so get what she wants every single time.

Yeah, which from the looks of it, could be awhile....to me, it's just frustrating more than anything from the relationship point of view. The last two episodes she's been in have just been all about the business, at least on H's part.

15. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Rahkira said:
    What I think I remember about what Y said to H is that Frank called to tell her H was dead, but she said "I didn't believe it." I suppose she heard from H shortly after Frank's call, explaining things (with few words as usual, I'm sure). But your point is well taken re H should have let her in on the plan from the beginning, because yes he did pull a Raymond. He's such an unfeeling jerk. Or more accurately, other people's feelings are just colateral damage to him. The end always justifies the means. The things he cares about are the only things that matter.