Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

what i don't get:
    Warrick had talked to tina about "her unborn child" which he didn't even think was his. Now, if this clip airs the story changes to "i met him after he was born and we had a connection". :rolleyes: can the writers make up their minds?!

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well when he talked about the unborn child with Tina, that was months before he was shot/killed. The baby could have been born more recently, before he was shot and that is what he was referring to.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think it's a coincidence that Warrick was trying to get custody and that he mentioned Grissom. Maybe this is why Grissom leaves. Maybe the child is proven to be Warrick's and the courts do side with Warrick (if Tina is found unfit). Maybe Grissom (and possibly Sara) ends up getting custody. Wouldn't put it past the writers to do something like that. :lol:

Eli... cool name. :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  4. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

The problem with that is that he claims in this video to have first known of this child's existence when he bumped into Tina and her boyfriend and the baby. The writers seriously need to be on the same page from season to season, it really doesn't make sense.

oh, and honestly, if i were Tina i wouldn't let him around my baby either. He has a drug problem, the mob is after him, and had sex with some random stripper who was murdered that same night. Let's be real, no court would have given him this baby.

5. GregNickRyanFan

I thought the woman asked him when he first knew/thought the child was his and he said when he bumped into them somewhere.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

So acccording to this video Warrick lives, I always said he did, and too many hints and clues from Carol Mendelsohn, saying "Warrick will be back, and not in flashbacks" so isn't this fantastic news, and the child, it'll all work out, maybe Grissom will raise it, one never knows! he's the one that Warrick mentions as his hero, basically, but why couldn't Warrick get custody, he hasn't done anything wrong:confused:

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I don't think this means Warrick lives. This could be before 'For Gedda'. This tape just shows what the secret is that Warrick kept from his friends, as alluded to in TVGuide. At least I am happy that he knew he had a son before he was killed and was trying to get connected to the child. I'm anxious to see the Tina scenes. Now we know why her name is Brewster in the credits; I guess she remarried. And I too like the name Eli. l hope the child's last name is Brown; maybe that's something Grissom will do 'for Warrick' in the end.

I think tptb are trying to confuse us; and it's working!

8. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

Bolding mine
    He is/was completely unstable. Doing drugs and becoming obsessed with cases is not something the court looks to as favorable. I would never let Warrick raise my baby (if i were Tina) and looking at it logically i can't see how anyone would disagree. Think about it. Tina has a baby. And this guy living an unstable life wants to have custody? I don't think so. Even if things didn't work out with Warrick, we have never seen her be anything but a stable person, who i would imagine would be a good parent.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree, Warrick was on a pretty self-destructive path towards the end of his life and this is not to disrespect the guy because I loved, loved Warrick but he had some MAJOR issues that he needed to overcome BEFORE he could be a parent. He would never won custody, the best he could have hoped for is access and even then it would have been supervised.

As for Grissom getting custody? :guffaw: Oh please, only in fanfiction world would that happen. He could appy, but no court is going to give an unrelated person custody over the biological parent unless they can prove the biological one is unfit and we don't even know that because we've only seen Tina once or twice.

Anyways..anymore spoilers...before this turns into a Grissom being a daddy to Warrick's baby discussion!

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

He had just pulled his life together, and was going down the right path with the help of his team mates, and the diner scene showed that, and this thread is for everyones opinions, theories, ideas, and views, and this was mine. He was a sweet loving kind individual, and was always wonderful with children in so many episodes, every character on this show has had a variety of issues and problems and has had bad things happen to them, not just him, and I think with his former life behind him, he'd make a great dad:thumbsup:and the Grissom comment ~~in jest~

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^Whatever..only in fanfiction world would Grissom raise Warrick's kid..

Getting back to the SPOILERS..does anyone know if Art Imitates Life is the episode where the grief counsellor comes in? And if so, is this the character Alex Kingston is playing?

If it is so, she'd be GREAT!!! I love Alex Kingston, but I've said that already.

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The origonal spoilers did indicate that yes, this is supposed to be the grief counseling episode. I hope they didn't screw with that and cut those scenes.

13. GregNickRyanFan

That's what I meant. If Tina was proven unfit herself. We have only seen her a couple of times which means we don't yet know much about her. Who is to say that perhaps she isn't secretly doing some bad things too? And I know IRL, Warrick wouldn't get the kid, but also IRL he would have so been fired after the whole Holly Gribbs thing, so... as far as the show's concerned, anything is possible.

I hope Tina will at least let Nicky see the baby (if it really is Warrick's) at least once... and if Nicky wants to see him. That may help him cope with Rick's passing.

As for Alex Kingston playing the grief counselor... there were rumors that the counselor would be the girlfriend that Nicky would be getting. I'm not sure I could see him with her. :lol:

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Did I miss something? Grissom *ahem* raising Warrick's child? :wtf: Um, what? I think you're in the wrong thread. But before I get in trouble,:shifty: I will steer clear from saying anything further...

"Art Imitates Life" looks like it will really go back to the show's roots with crazy cases and almost unexplainable crimes. It's almost like the writers watched season one again and jotted down some notes. This is the show I loved and missed!:)

15. GregNickRyanFan

Just to clarify my earlier comments ('cause I think they might have been misinterpreted):

I personally think it would be silly if the writers had Grissom get custody of Warrick's kid, but that's just what popped into my head (for some reason) after watching the vid and also reading the G/S/kid rumors. But, it popped in my head as a "oh, brother don't tell me the writers are going to do THAT" type of thing. :) I don't know, these writers can write some pretty far-fetched things sometimes, so I don't think there's anything that I would put past them.

Also... It's late here, so forgive me for my confusion, but I don't really understand why this would be the wrong thread since the Warrick vid was a spoiler and my comments were a discussion of that (in that it was an interpretation of a possible outcome based on things said in that scene in the spoiler vid). :confused:

Moving on...

The Riley/Nick scene in "Art Imitates Life" sounds interesting and possibly funny. Which the show will definitely need after the whole thing with Warrick's shooting.

Anyone know if there's any word yet on whether or not we'll get a good Gil/Cath scene before Grissom leaves? I would hope he wouldn't just leave without telling her goodbye. They're basically like best friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.