Ryan/Jon #19: Fresh Togo

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by CSI_Kat, Jul 29, 2008.

?

What should our new thread title be?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2008.
  1. Ryan/Jon #19: The Tight T-Shirt Society

11.8%
  2. Ryan/Jon #19: Togo where no thread has gone before

17.6%
  3. Ryan/Jon #19: We want skin!

5.9%
  4. Ryan/Jon #19: All in the accent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ryan/Jon #19: The Incrediable Shrinking T-Shirt

8.8%
  6. Ryan/Jon #19: Get the Full Togo Experience Here

2.9%
  7. Ryan/Jon #19: He's a Superhero in Training

8.8%
  8. Ryan/Jon #19: Waiting for the comeback of the Purple tee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Ryan/Jon #19: Fresh Togo

29.4%
  10. Ryan/Jon #19: Wolfe's Den

8.8%
  11. Ryan/Jon #19: Dreaming of Wolfe shirtless

8.8%
  12. Ryan/Jon #19: Wolfe gang

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I think it's fun and funny. His dressing up and taking odd sort of photos shows to me that he likes to have a good time. Also the hat is amazing! :drool:

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I was watching Chain Reaction last night, and I want to know, since when did Ryan become the av guy?! Its the epi the week after he got reinstated and all of a sudden he is a wizz on the new computer system? At least I got to see him in a lab coat again, I dont think I could have taken many more weeks of him being off the team!
    It was a bit disappointing that his gambling and rehiring weren't discussed by the team, even in passing- do you think it will ever be mentioned again?

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You would think it would be mentioned.People need some type of help to stop gambling.Therapy or counseling should have at least been bought up. If it's ever needed for a story line it will probably be mentioned then.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  4. lausi_GM

lausi_GM Dead on Arrival

I wouldn't count on that. Consistency is not exactly the writers' strongest suit on this show. There are a couple of story lines that never got picked up again. (just reminds me, what happened to that "unexplained" money Ryan had on his account that Stetler asked him about at the end of season 5?!? Never was explained on the show:confused:)
    But you're both so right, one would expect other team members to discuss this.

I have been through some of the later eps of season 6 now, is it just me, or does Ryan/Jonathan seem less enthusiastic?!? Not only is he sooooooo serious all the time, he seems kind of "going through the motions" only...know what I mean? I soooo miss the Ryan from earlier seasons, his passion and committment to his work, his inter-acting with the rest of the team ....Maybe I'm just getting paranoid (I hope)...Hopefully this does not mean that Jon's getting fed up with the show and thinking of leaving :( ..scary thought!!! (but as I've not found any such rumor on the internet so far, I don't really think that's the case)

It's really, really about high time they give him something more to do. Keep our boy happy and us lots of nice Ryan moments to drool over ;)

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Too true, they never follow anything through. Which is a shame, you think if they were going to bring up the whole gambling story they would do something interesting with it.
    I second the motion to give us lots of Ryan moments, it would keep us all happy!

6. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

7. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

Did I ever mention I love the caps you post :D
    red suits him :D

8. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I really don't think he's less enthusiastic about the show... The character has become darker this season, one of the reasons being the firing. (hopefully they'll come up with better reasons! Angst! haha!)

He's always been kinda detached from the team. :(

But I highly doubt he's leaving the show. If you want to see some major enthusiasm, look at the first minute of the season 7 premiere. All I have to say is WOW!

Edit: BWAHA! I think this topic has more threads than any other!!! :) Awesome!
    So why have we barely seen Togo this season if everyone obviously likes him? :(

TAKE A HINT TPTB!!!!!

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Thanks for the caps CSI Kat, I love that white jacket.
    I havent watched the s7 promo yet, Im not allowed to watch video stuff at work (although technically Im not allowed on the internet now!) Its annoying that I wont see the new series for another year, you lot will have to tell me all about it. I'll give you lots of cookies :)

10. lausi_GM

lausi_GM Dead on Arrival

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well trust me TPTB don't know the word conitnuity. They never used it w/ any character.
    But yeah I totally agree w/ you.
    He was fired because of gambling (it's a bad illness..'cause yeah it's an illness) & he was never treated for it. I mean no therapist was used for him & no one helped him.
    Also the fact he's always isolated by the team. I mean it's pretty impossible to deny this fact. He's always excluded by his co-workers especially Calleigh & Eric. Yeah it was pretty understandable when he arrived in the team but now things are slightly different.
    Although Eric hates Ryan, I think it's pretty disgusting the fact he still hates him & considers him as the first suspect for H's death. I mean they're collegues & they know eachothers
    Ryan was alwyas isolated & nobody helped him especially during his gambling period...I mean in "Burned" when Natalia asked where Ryan was Calleigh was like "whatever", Eirc maybe doesn't know he was fired:lol:, Natalia well she helped him but they never talked about the gambling stuff, although I think it would have been interesting to face this topic.

As for "Ambush" Ryan was just concerned about Calleigh which was good but still they didn't developed it very well especially at the end of the episodes.

Maybe this new kind of development (the darker side of him) will be good for his character but I still think this will isolate him from the team more than ever.

Anyway here's a pic to brighten the day
    Smile

13. lausi_GM

lausi_GM Dead on Arrival

14. lausi_GM

lausi_GM Dead on Arrival

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Thanks for the picture Florry!
    I agree, with something like gambling there needs to be some discussion, shouldnt Horatio as his supervisor have talked through his problems, or advised him to go to a help group or something? Its a shame because they could have done so much more with the story, and given Ryan more screentime in the process!
    He does seem isolated from the team, and I dont think the upcoming story will help any. Hopefully there will be a story next season that clears most of the tension, and Ryan can be a hero for a change. I think he has lost the respect of his colleagues, if he had it to start with, and that needs addressing.
    Lausi_GM, I am going to try and be optimistic for the next season, but it is hard :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.