The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Well I just turned 30 in June and I feel terrific, much better than I did in my twenties. I think you're as young as you feel.:thumbsup:

2. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

W ell we will see how he is tomorrow. :lol: He would not even go in the play room this morning. :( One of the teachers had to take him else where. Poor little guy.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Kat give the little guy an extra hug today :) He'll get it sorted out when he sees all his friends having fun. The other big question of the day is how did Mom and Dad do when it came time for the little guy to go to kindergarten :)

4. althea

althea Lab Technician

Aw Kat so the big day for your boy finally arrived, shame man as the days go on I'm sure he'll get into the swing of things.

I'm busy losing my mind over here I want to take a break from work but office stupid politics is stopping me from doing that. Somehow the fact that we are understaffed is my problem how I don't know its all a mystery to me. I'm giving myself one more year of this nonsense then I want to call it quits at this job and move on to do something that I really want to do it. Or find me a rich sugar daddy who will take care of me :guffaw: I kid, I kid. In the meantime I am going to treat myself with a haircut later this day wish me luck! I am chopping all the locks off my hair is shoulder length and I want it gone gone gone! I have a pixie do kinda cut in mind I hope I don't come out there looking like Ace Ventura though:lol:

5. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

What happened to the social groups? Have I missed something?

Like when I missed the day my life stopped being all parties and spontaneous reckless abandonment and became all mortgages, bills, work and responsibility - ah, life in your 30's.

6. Jacquie

Poppet since the social groups weren't that active Antony closed them down which is why The Over The Hill Gang has a thread here :)

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

38, single, no kids, no prospects... :lol: OK, I'm just joking- it's not that bad! ;)

I'm one of those rare individuals who has never wanted kids (although I don't mind other people's) and have finally reached that stage where people have stopped asking me if I'm ever going to have them! :lol:

8. Lvodkadiet

Lvodkadiet Rookie

Hi everyone, Im just popping briefly to say I am still around! My computer has been playing up something chronic and it is finally being sent to the Hard-drive Hospital tonight so I will be off line for even longer:( It has made me realise how much time I actually spend on it as I have been suffering from the lack of internet for the last few weeks and it is driving me crazy! (Although the other half is glad as I am now cooking his dinner when he walks in not gazing at pictures of George Eads!!). Kids settled in to school now too so back to the routines.

Gaseous-Anomaly Hope you are feeling better, replacement hips must be a huge thing to recover from, hope it is a speedy one and you are up on your feet again soon.

CSI-Kat - Hope your son has settled in to kindergarten, I think it takes a few days to settle in.

Althea - Hope work has improved and you get some time off, how did the haircut go? Saw that Victoria Beckham had a pixie cut, it looks lovely. My face is too round to have one of those!!

I have recently been made redundant from work so am job hunting which is not much fun. Making the most of being at home though, the house has never been so tidy!!

Hope to be back soon.

9. Jacquie

Lvodkadiet sorry to hear about being made redundant at work. That sucks big time but good luck on the job hunting. Good luck on getting your computer fixed. Also tell your other half that he can get his own dinner while you are busy :drool: over George :D :guffaw: My hubby trained himself to make our dinner. With the exception of fancy dinners I get kicked out of the kitchen at dinner time. And no you people can't have him :)

10. althea

althea Lab Technician

11. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Hey thanks for asking about the munchkin Lvodkadiet. He is going through this spell of saying each morning that he doesnt want to go to school, he doesnt like it, etc and then comes home all excited and happy about it and starts all over again the next day. :rolleyes: Frustrating. :scream: :lol:

awww sorry about the PC - that stinks!

Hope all of you are well!

12. Lvodkadiet

Lvodkadiet Rookie

Hi fellow oldies - *Waves* - my PC has returned from the hospital and is now in fine working order :thumbsup:. Not much been happening with me really, had a cold which laid me up in bed for a day (definitely a sign of mature years!) but has gone now. CSI season 8 came out on DVD in England a few days ago and have already started hinting to hubby (well actually I just told him) where it was on sale so he could buy it for my birthday!! Wish I could just buy it now but seeing as I have no job I thought that might be pushing it a bit far!

Bought a Christmas pressie today too, is that a sign I am getting older :confused: I think it must be as I have never bought any this early before!

13. CSINYGal88

CSINYGal88 Hit and Run

Count me in! Just turned 32. I don't feel it, though.

Not married, no children. Life is good.

It's great that I get to crush on actors that are about my age, like Carmine and Eddie! ;):drool:

14. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Lvodka good to see you back. :D

Did you see that they still managed to split the UK release into two separate sets? :wtf:

12 episodes on this one, which means 5 for set 2.

*not a happy bunny*

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I always buy about 90% of the Christmas gifts before September. I do not like to get "malled" in November and December. But there is always one or two people you never know what to buy and just pick out something at almost the last minute.