Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

jtd: That's why I only posted it over here. We will get it because we are the crazed fans who believe in Geek Love/GSR, so it belongs here with us. Not that they have no right to see it, and they may find it on their own, but I'm afraid I would be accused of throwing GSR in their faces if I posted it over there, so let a non-GSR fan bring it to them if it's really that important.

Another thing I thought was interesting was the inclusion of Gil talking to Sara about spending all her time in hospitals trying to help the ones she couldn't save. That story-line is reappearing in season 9, so I thought it was really slick to put that in there, but I worry about its affect on Gil and Sara. If I recall correctly, Thomas Adler is supposed to pull the plug on his wife, and I wonder how that will affect Sara indirectly.

I wonder if she worries how Gil would act in that same situation, though I'm sure she would not want him to suffer for an extended period of time, but I know that when I see relationship things around me, sometimes it triggers and irrational reaction in myself.

Plus, I'm guessing Sara leaves town again, because I really don't think she can be happy in Vegas anymore, so I'm wondering how they facilitate that in order to up the drama. All I have to say is, I hope it's played out right so that when Gil leaves in ep 10, I feel like it was handled well.

I'll be the first to say I haven't always felt that TPTB have handled GSR correctly, but they've done some smart things since officially announcing the involvement of these characters, and I really hope they keep up with that.

I do think the inclusion of certain characters this season could sully my view of their handling of season 9 GSR, but the season has yet to begin, so I'm trying to stay open-minded.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This was just in the new CSI magazine, so for safety sake, I'll use the little box~It talks about her return, & mentions 3 episodes and then is she's also coming back later, so that makes it at least 4-6 right? and the new girl Laruen Lee Smith and then~~

"Dont bank on any resolution to the truncated love story between Grissom & Sara though, Fox recently told TV Guide, talking about their feelings isn't something the pair find easy, as a couple, they are a little dysfunctional in some ways, but in other ways the are fabulous. In areas of communicating their hearts it's never been especially easy for either of them" Lets hope this time, she doesn't say goodbye in a letter" Jorja Fox

http://img224.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc430&image=83448_CSI_Mag_66_002-1_122_430lo.JPG

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

first off, great pics Desertwind!!

grrr, i still can't get any links to work but i just searched it on youtube and got it all the same :thumbsup: it made my day. that was amazing, the extended versions of most of the scenes that we saw in the original promo were great!

*just wondering though...was that a CBS-made video or fan-made? the lines are a little blurry :confused:*

i absolutely love the hesitancy in both of them, i don't think Grissom really thinks that it's real..kinda funny. to me, it looks like the fact that she's there is just sinking in for her too, but at the end Grissom looks distraught over Warrick, obvi, but really, really happy that she's there.
    This completely dissolves any questions surfacing about "are you still/going to stay together?" which is good. the very last scene was soo spectacular, WP and JF are definately great actors, there's real emotion on their faces! :lol:

about the marriage thing..if they aren't already married it'll happen after the premiere -or during, you know that's cool too. but every time a co-workers life is on the line a marriage seems to come out of it, when Nicky went missing Warrick realized how short life really was and got married to Tina, when Sara went missing Grissom proposed, presumably for the same reason, and, now, with Warrick being dead, they are going to finalize it :bolian:
    if G/S get married it'll be for the same reason that Tina and Warrick got married, except it isn't so much of a hasty decision as i think they made..god we really do owe Warrick so much. he has definitely left behind a legacy for the CSI team :(

R.I.P.

Jesus my posts are getting long lately :cardie: too much anticipation built up inside!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  4. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

I LOVED that video! Thanks so much! And, what made it even better, is it was put to one of my favorite songs! Can I **squeeeee** now?

GSR Rulz, baby! Woo-hoo!

5. mslakerz43

mslakerz43 Dead on Arrival

Wowwwwww that video was amazing. I cannot believe CBS released a low key fan video. If I was excited before about this season, my level of excitement now is uncontrollable. Their reunion looked very bittersweet, they both looked so emotionally drained. Griss just looks like he has nothing left to give. I feel like for at least the first episode they are not going to worry about their relationship, they are just going to BE and leave it at that.

6. Desertwind

Question? this thread was locked down for a whole day, with no explanation what-so-ever, I pm'd 3 moderators and got one curt "it'll be opened up tonight" and also many other GSR fans pm'd me as well wondering why, so we are puzzled, baffeled and in the dark as to WHY, a brief comment as to this decision would be a decent & respectful gesture...thank you~

[​IMG]

7. vixster

vixster Dead on Arrival

Hey I am in Singapore, how come I cannot see the youtube video everyone is talking about? It says that the video is not available in my country!! why not????? If anyone can answer my question it will be much appreciated!

8. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

We are back?!? What happen down here? Felt relieved its running again.

^me neither. i thought it's just me. Anyway, it's ok.

I'll talk more next time ladies, just havin' a little break here and bumpin' this thread.

Kiss you all. :luvlove:
    ====>>> [​IMG]

Really nice we are back with a passion!

I mean GSR with a Passion!!!

Take care guys. Happy thoughts for you all.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Try this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PUt0WY1LTaY

10. JorjaFoxFan

if a mod happens to pop in, why did we get shut off for 24 hours?
    this one finally works!! oh my gosh i thought i was the only one! nothing was working and i'm in Canada :confused:
    i ended up searching on youtube and got it in the end ;)

that's exactly how i feel mslakerz43. i think the scene's that are in the promo are going to be the only insight we are given until the premiere, but they're like Fanfiction come to life!
    (24 days 14 hours and 9 minutes :()

I have a feeling September is going to drag on and on and on..

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  11. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

**hangs head in shame**

I think this thread was locked because of me. I posted without the 3 "good lines" minimum out of pure excitement over that video CBS released. It's taken me over a year to complete 50 posts because I usually forget the little details such as the 3 line minimum.... Given that this thread has been given MANY warnings about this, my post was the final one before it was locked, without warning, as they stated they would do.

I send my apologies out to all of you! So sorry!

I am very surprised and very happy that this video was released, especially with the "to be continued". It shows all the moments that TPTB feel were good GSR moments through the years. I suspect they'll add to it with what we are given this season through the departure of WP. If anyone was wondering, it was put to the song "Shine" by the Wilshires. Very good song.

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

There was no explanation given because everybody had already been given TWO warnings that if the rules weren't followed, the thread would be locked for 24 hours (that's also why PMs weren't answered regarding this matter.). This post above is a fine example. Most threads in Shipper Central move pretty fast. The rule about 3 lines of on topic posting was put in place to slow the threads down since this is a message board and not a chat room yet several posters continue to post less than three lines and stay completely off topic. There have been at least SEVEN warnings since August 25th not only about the three line rule but also about 'bashing' other posters. Most warnings went ignored (at least by some posters) and most people tire of trying to read a thread filled with bashing and off topic matters.

Here's another example. Where is the three lines of discussion? Yes, there's a couple pictures posted but you STILL MUST have three lines of on topic discussion to go with posting pictures.

There wasn't ONE single post after the thread was re-opened that followed the rules. and gsr_rulz, you were not the cause of the thread getting locked, it was a collective effort of most every poster in here. I've had this problem in other threads before but after being warned ONCE, maybe twice...they got it and stuck to the rules. All we're asking is for three lines of on topic discussion no matter what else is in your post AND no complaining/bashing other posters.

Also, the only videos allowed in the individual shipper threads are the promos released by CBS. ALL other shipper videos, even if they are released by CBS, must go in the fan video thread. I'll see about having a separate thread for Vegas fans.

Everybody please get back on topic and follow the rules or a closure could happen again.

Thanks

ETA: Woops, I apologize...there were TWO posts after the thread re-opened that were on topic.

13. Desertwind

OK, but the term "everybody" means that all fans are grouped in one category, and that's not the case, anyway is the "3 lines a board rule" cause' I've seen threads where some fans goes "oh, he's hot" and "WOW, that's cool" which is one line, just asking, does this rule apply to everyone on the whole board or just us?......... moving on, I as a long time board member and lovin' this board want to praise and congratulate all the GSR fans for their wonderful art, their fan-fiction, videos, and photos,[​IMG] & that the writers on this fabulous show have chosen to have our couple as the CANNON, and that we've all embraced this wonderful union you fans all rock, and are the best on this forum as far as I'm concerned:bolian: and how we all blend and are all on the same page with this great GSR pairing. The old group that used to be on here, and jumped ship for whatever reasons are now mostly gone, and you are a wonderful and fresh and so much more fun!! I just watched "Homebodies" S/4, where the girl is attacked and held in a closet and the father can't help her, and Grissom is so concerned and as is Sara, who bonds with her, after she's hiding in her car. When she goes to identify the creep, she trembles and can't do it, then is shot and killed in her own driveway, and when Brass has Gris go the the crime scene, he first look's at the girl, then the parents, then Sara, who walks to her car, and Brass look's so sad too. The you see Sara with tears runing down her cheeks a real tear jerker ep. and showing the care and concern from both of them, and the tight joined at the hip camraderie!

SARA AND VICTIM

SARA SO SAD

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i think it might be a little bit b/c there is a lot of people in this thread, and a lot of newbies. people come and go, plus there is always the excitement that comes from the ship's canon-ness so to speak.

though i have to agree, i don't follow the GSR threads like i used to (if at all), firstly b/c i'm afraid i'll get spoiled for a millionth time by a newbie, lol, and secondly, b/c of the off-topic discussion. i remember the old days when we all used to interpret GSR scenes, create scenarios, wonder about the future, and have so much fun.

on the other hand, it doesn't have to be people that changed but the show. it was quite a magical time when GSR wasn't canon yet, or right after we learned they are together. i feel like there was more to talk and wonder about than it is now. but i cannot say i wouldn't want it canon - this is what we all wanted after all. the GSR arc has been executed very well so far, and i'm quite excited to see how it's going to be resolved. i'm hoping for some nice juicy angst before our GSR journey finishes. :p

15. JorjaFoxFan

i must have joined this thread too late :(
    but to me that's what this thread should be all about, we do get sidetracked way too often.
    and thanks for clearing that up 1CSIMFan!

moving on...
    back to that god-sent video :rolleyes: i love how it says "To Be Continued" at the end because, to me, that means that GSR is not over, the story lines will still be going strong even if some episodes give us doubts and griefs *cough-LADYHEATHER-cough*
    i still think that TPTB are winding us up only to laugh at our current thoughts and concerns later on..:shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.