Bones #2: The Jeffersonian Breakroom

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hrockz, Aug 12, 2008.

?

New thread name

Poll closed Aug 19, 2008.
  1. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The FBI Agent and his Bones

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Forensic Anthropologist and her FBI Agent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bones #2 *spoilers*: B&B, Center of the Squint Squad

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Bones #2 *spoilers*: He Thinks She's Better Than Smurfette

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. Bones #2 *spoilers*: They'd Always Have Coffee

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Bones #2 *spoilers*: It's More Than A Guy Hug

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Thanks For The Gum!

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  8. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Cute Bones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Return of Skeleton Girl

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The foot bone is connected to the leg bone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Jeffersonian breakroom

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Bones #2: The Jeffersonian Breakroom *spoilers*

I loved Sweets in this episode. The new girl got on my nerves. She talked too much. I could tell Cam and Hodgins wanted to throttle her. :lol: Brennan was unimpressed (poor Daisy though) and Angela was patient and sweet to her. Sweets reaction to her was cute. The girl was kind of cute in a way, but way too perky. Over perkiness just drives me nuts. :lol: How much caffeeine and sugar did that girl have anyway? :lol:

Can someone tell me what happened in the first five mins? I lost track of time and forgot to push the tape in the vcr, so I missed the first five minutes. I didn't come in till they were cleaning the body.

Did Booth come to Brennan's house and find naked Mark in the living room? That's what it sounded like to me when he mentioned it later. :lol: I didn't think Mark was all that attractive personally. Jason was okay, but looked a little too "fancy" for my tastes. :lol: at Sweets and Booth thinking he was gay.

The woman who worked at the tv station with the vic is the same woman that played on Heroes as the cop's wife. Sorry, it's been so long since I've seen Heroes that I can't for the life of me remember his name. But, I think he reads minds? :lol: Matt maybe? :lol: Anyway... knew Richard Gant's voice (the vic's boss/producer) as soon as I heard it. He was the chief on Special Unit 2 (which co-starred Jonathan Togo). He's got a very deep, recognizable voice.

Anyway, I agree this ep was much better than last week. And it was weird that Hodgins and Angie were acting normal like they never even broke up. Weird.

That pic of Zack in that article is not a very flattering picture.

BTW, anyone know Hodgins' first name? Have they ever even said it on the show? I know Sweets' first name is Lance, Booth's is Seely and Brennan's is Temperance. But, not sure about Hodgins.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

His name is Jack. :)

And you missed a trucker stopping at an outhouse, and lighting a smoke as he went in. The next thing you know, the thing exploded and he was flying through the air with his butt on fire. Too funny. Next up, Booth goes to Brennan's house and she's in a housecoat and a guy in a towel appears. It was amusing. Especially when Temperance says she's basically only dating him for the physical side of their relationship. Then they head to the outhouse because the body was found there, and then I think that's where you came in...?

Hope that helps.

3. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^You also missed the extermely funny conversation between B&B in the SUV on the way to the crime scene.

Brennan was talking about Mark, like ,"Did you see his chest,, and his thighs?" And Booth has this amused look, and I eas thinking she's seen Booth naked, he's way hotter. And then she said about Mark, "He can hold his breath for 3 minutes down there," and the look on Booth's face was priceless. And later she clarified that she meant that Mark could hold his breath underwater for 3 minutes.

Yes the lingering look B&B exchanged was awesome! Booth is "the one" for her!

Nope not a single moment of awkwardness. Which I thought very strange.

I think deep down in side they both do realize it. Hence their admission to some surrogate relationship between them. Also how Booth always tries to talk bad about Brennan's dates or interupt them, he's jealous and trying to keep her from dating other guys. I think he knows he has feelings for Brennan, I'm not sure if Brennan got his hint at theend of the episode though.

I know I said before I don't want B&B together yet, but some part of me is beginning to want to. I can't stand to see them dating other people.:p

4. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I'm so upset. For some reason my TiVo didn't record the last episode of Bones, even though I have a "season pass." I went on youtube and watched the last scene, but other than that I didn't see anything.

Anyone want to give me a quick summary? I don't mind spoilers.

5. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Basically, a guy was shoved into a "poop pit" and it turns out he was Bill Rourke, a tv personality who catches cheaters. Meanwhile it turns out Brennan is dating two guys at the same time. One for sex and the other for...mental reasons (?) Booth of course doesn't approve and tries to tell her, but she gives a bunch of anthropological reasons for why our society is meant to be polygamous. :rolleyes:

The new intern was annoying but Sweets loved it when he found she was a psychology minor in college. Of course...

Did you want to know more about the case itself?

6. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks! His name is Jack. How did I forget that? I remember hearing once or twice now. :lol:

Thanks for the summary of the first few minutes. I came in when they came back from commercial break (after the opening credits) and they were showing guest stars names. I guess I'll have to catch the first few mins on a repeat cause they do sound funny.

Why was she talking about him going underwater? I thought he was a machinist or something? :lol:

And the irony was that he himself was cheating on his wife. :lol: That was funny to me... I kind of saw it coming, but it was still funny. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :lol:

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

No, if my memory serves me correctly he's a deep sea diver on some oil rig? Hence when he comes back to main land he hooks up with Brennan, cos you know long time out at sea with no women around? ;) Hence the purely sexual relationship for Brennan and him.

I was just wondering, usually when on tv, they don't let the male and female lead get together so soon, they have like them dating other people. So far we've seen Brennan dating other guys, but Booth hasn't been seeing anyone since Cam. Which is good. But makes me wonder. Remember in Sweets' office, Brennan tells Booth she assumes he's dating other women or at least getting his umm... biological urges satisfied with some other woman. But we never see that on the show. I'd like to think that since Cam, Booth doesn't date anyone else cos nobody else compares to Brennan.

Which also leads me to agree with Sweets that B&B's inability to date other people is cos of the surrogate realtionship they have. Cos of this I'm inclined to think that Booth's head over heels over Brennan and he knows it, but just can't act on it. But he drops little hints and hopes she'll get it one day.

8. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I didn't realize Booth hasn't been dating anyone after Cam (as far as we know). Thanks for pointing that out Hrockz.

I just watched the last 5 minutes of Man in the Outhouse again and I agree with you. I think it's very likely Booth knows he's fallen for Brennan. Do you think Sweets knows? He had a really big smile on his face when Booth told Brennan that there is someone for her if she's open enough to see it.

9. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

In case someone hasn't read it, please check out THIS thread regarding spoilers. Thank you.

10. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

^^Thanks ;)

I think of course Sweets knows! I mean why else would he do that experiment in last seasons finale? He also always seem to pick up on the tension between Booth and Brennan. Hence the scene in front of the elevator.

I also think Brennan is aware of her feelings because why else would she try to deny it by going out with two other guys? Also agreeing with Booth about monogamy? ;)

11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I scanned the thread and didn't see it, but if anyone wonders why ep 3 felt out of plage in terms of Hodgins and Angela's relationship, it's because (if I remember correctly) this was shot BEFORE the London episode, hence the inconsistencies.

Loved the ep. More later. :)

12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

IMO, Brennan maybe has the beginnings of starting to realize maybe she feels something for Booth but not to the point where she realizes it like a fact, which she must base most of her decisions on since she's such a logical person.

Yeah the look on Sweets' face as he watched Booth talk to Brennan and her agree with him about monogamy, I betcha' he knows they both have fallen for each other whether they know it or not. I bet B&B are like the best "experiment" he's ever had! :lol: Maybe that's why he wants to hang out with them so much.

Alyssa thanks for pointing the fact out. A couple of us did mention in previous posts we found it strange that Hodegla didn't seem awkward around each other. But it doesn't make sense to write the sequence of ep 3 first then the London episodes. Even if 'The Man In The Outhouse' was supposed to be aired first, there should've been some Hodgela interaction like some looks or kisses, which there wasn't. Angela and Hodgins just ignored each other. But there wasn't any awkwardness.

I just think they'll adress the Hodgela episode next week, maybe Angela would confide in Brennan.

13. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Hrockz: From what I recall, they shot the outhouse episode long before they knew they were going to be able to go to England to shoot anything. Also, there is the distinct possibility there was some Hodges/Angela interaction that was cut from the script, and editing filled the missing time so that they did not appear lovey-dovey.

I'm sure it'll be addressed this week, as a breakup of this magnitude will not be swept under the rug. I do not envy the editors the task of putting together episode 3 in light of 1 and 2. It'll be interesting to see the production numbers of this season on the DVD.

I think that Booth and Brennan are growing a lot towards one another, but I think that Booth is a little more outwardly conscious of what is going on, though he refuses to admit.

Bones' outward annoyance and obvious desire to deflect and avoid Booth at the elevator is classic, but, unfortunately, Sundays are never quiet, and I must to band practice before church. So, more later. :)

14. GregNickRyanFan

There's a tidbit in next week's tv guide that says that they are casting a younger brother for Booth. They say in there that they think Josh Brolin and David Boreanaz look alike, but Josh Brolin doesn't look younger than David. :lol: I don't know who they are casting, but I think they said the brother's name will be Jarod. They also said something like "look for Bones to fall for Jarod".

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Maybe they can get Michael T Weiss. He played Jarod on The Pretender. Or they can hire Jarod from the Subway Sandwich commercials. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.