Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

:guffaw::guffaw: That pic of Kyle makes him look like a chick!!

Glad Ryan gets some development. But that could be a lie...:shifty:

2. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Okay I know I won't get every line right, but basically I just saw another "promo" on TV for Miami.

It started off with Ryan zipping up the bag, and then it switched over to Calleigh and Eric and Ryan, like in the pictures. Then it sort of goes like this (but I might miss some, forget some, or accidently add or remove some words since I only saw it once and can't find it on YouTube, but this is the gist of it.)

Ryan: Horatio's gone, he's dead.
    Calleigh: Oh my God.
    Ryan: I released the body.
    Calleigh: What?!
    Ryan: I'M SORRY! I didn't want him lying out here on the pavement with all the media around! (and he practically screams this.)

I don't remember if Eric says anything during this.

Then they show a few parts from the other promo. I was so surprised. Never seen Ryan freak out like that (it wasn't really anything like when he got mad at Cooper in One of Our Own), and yea, he does say that Horatio is dead. So he must be in on it...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  3. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Well, to me, that just about confirms that Ryan's helping H. He "released the body" AKA he doesn't want anyone to know he's not dead...

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Gosh, can anyone upload this promo on youtube? :D

I must see Ryan screaming at Calleigh :lol:. Usually it right the opposite, I must see it.
    Seriously it's a "must".
    Anyway the dialogue sounds...let's say...lame especially talking about H dead. I mean, I thought they were going to build up a better dialogue (in terms of words), feelings showed in a better way, not that Calleigh holding her had in her hands while saying "Oh God" or Ryan screaming at her isn't good:p, but still I think it's a little bit weird reaction to H's death.

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Well it really wasn't a very long clip at all. That's almost the only talking you hear from the characters in it. The rest is the voice over. It was actually pretty good, I mean you can tell Ryan's frustrated over Calleigh getting mad that he released the body, I think we may actually see Calleigh cry, actually cry this time.

But, who knows, that's all I heard from it. : /

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh ok thanks for claryfing it luf100:thumbsup:.

Well it's time for Calleigh to cry, really. I saw her crying once (when Alexx left) but I'm sure it wasn't Calleigh 'cause it was EP crying that day;).
    It's time for our girl to cry, come on after a year like hell she has to cry & yell out all her tensions & problems;)

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I have no doubt that Ryan is 'in on it' as you put it. Caruso said, at the end of last season in an interview, that H was going to stage something that would free him up to go after Saris...so while he may have actually been shot, I obviously don't think he is dead or serisously injured but injured enough to let him go and do his own thing while everyone thinks he is dead.

8. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I would love to see Ryan scream at Calleigh just to watch her slap the shit of of him. I still can't believe that out of everyone H chose Ryan to help him. Hopefully we'll see some emotion is this episode.

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I'M WAITING ON HCRAZY TO DO HER/HIS SEARCHING AND POST IT ON YOUTUBE. I CANT WAIT TO SEE ALL THE COMMOTION.

10. tranceraver69

tranceraver69 Hit and Run

i agree with megan i mean for realz why would h befriend ryan more than delko ? i mean h and delko are practically family and calleigh i mean shit im real suprised of all this. maybe we will get the explanation were hoping to get in 2 weeks . Damn i can't wait u guys. i've been waiting for 4 freaking months. i just hope i dont get dissapointed

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Asking Ryan to help him with this task is not necessarily "befriending" him. And I don't get why some are taking this as a "Horatio likes Ryan better than Eric" situation. That is NOT the case. H is not really the type of person who plays favorites in the first place. And there are some pretty good reasons why Horatio chose to enlist Ryan's help.

The reasons H chose Ryan to help him are:

A) Delko and Calleigh are too close and in case something went wrong, it would be too obvious and the bad guys could figure out that they are helping and go after them.

B) Ryan has helped H in the past (with the mole), plus he was also a police officer first (which could be a factor in why his help was needed- maybe he has some connections that Horatio and the rest of the team don't have).

C) Calleigh probably wouldn't want H to go through with the plan (cause she'd probably say it's too dangerous).

D) Calleigh and Delko are too close to H and would therefore would be more emotional if they thought he was dead, and he needs that realism if he's going to make Saris believe he's dead.

E) Oh and Ryan owed Horatio a favor. He told him so when Horatio got him his job back. He said he didn't know how he'd ever repay Horatio for going out on a limb for him like that.

After it's all over and Saris is caught and Horatio can resurface, I can almost see this exchange happening:

Horatio: Mr. Wolfe, thank you for your help.
    Ryan: I owed it to you for getting me my job back.
    Horatio: (smiling) Well, Mr. Wolfe... consider your debt repayed in full.

If you're going to fake your death because bad guys want to kill you, you do NOT let those closest to you know about it. Otherwise, they could get hurt cause if the bad guys figure out you're faking your death, the first people they are going to go to for the info about your whereabouts are going to be those closest to you. In H's case, Calleigh and Eric.

I mean seriously, what bad guy is gonna suspect that H got Ryan to help given the fact that Ryan was once fired from CSI (though he was re-hired later) and has had gambling issues? Thats the least likely person that the bad guys would suspect H to confide in. That's why it was brilliant of H to choose Ryan! He and Ryan really don't appear to be close enough for the bad guys to suspect that Ryan would be let in on H's plan.

And I still get the feeling that someone in Ryan's family was a cop and that Horatio knew that person and respected that person and perhaps that is why Horatio tries to help Ryan as much as he can. And the reason I think that is because of the comment Horatio once made to (I think it was either Frank or Yelina) that being a CSI/cop was in Ryan's blood. It was just the way Horatio said that that made me think that he knew someone in Ryan's family who was a cop before. Perhaps Ryan's granddfather, father or maybe even Uncle Ron.

As for Ryan yelling, I haven't yet seen that particular promo, but that might not be how it's going to go down. Those promo scenes are often edited and spliced together in sequences in which they don't always happen on the actual show. I think it's possible that Eric gets all angry at Ryan and starts going off on him (like he's done in the past- these two just very often clash lol - both are kind of hotheads :lol: and I say that with love :D ) and Ryan's probably trying to defend himself and say why he did what he did, probably trying to calm Eric down.

When someone yells at you (especially if they are griping at you about something), it's almost human-nature to yell back. And sometimes when two people have a disagreement, one is angry with the other and tends to ignore the other when they are trying to apologize. Yelling out the apology and explanation may be the only way to get that person's attention.

:)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Great answer GregNickRyanFan.Basically,Ryan was the best choice for what Horatio needed and Ryan would want to do it because of his history with Horatio.

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

GNRF: If we needed someone to write a CSI: Miami essay, it'd be you. And I'm not being sarcastic, you have some good points there. I can easily see why Horatio would choose Ryan over Calleigh or Eric.

You're also right about the promo that I saw, Ryan was yelling, and it looks like he's yelling at Calleigh just because she's so surprised he released the body. I just wish it was on YouTube or something, but I've been searching throughout the day and I can't find it. :( Anyways, we'll only know what actually happens at 10 pm on the 22nd. 12 days... that doesn't seem to long now. :D

14. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Well put, GNRF. I think H goes to Ryan because they're known not to be that close. He knows Saris might suspect something if those closest to H are the first people on site, and H wants Saris to have no doubt he's dead. If those closest to him are crying, etc. Saris will be reassured. But, given spoilers out there, it's good of him to have Yelina in on it, because she's been hurt enough already by the Caine brothers.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: I think I got carried away. Haha. :D The funny thing is, I absolutely hated writing essays when I was in school. I guess it makes a difference when it's a subject you care about and are extremely passionate about, like I am about the shows I watch and the characters I love/adore. :D

I agree with that. Yelina was so upset by Ray not letting her know that he was still alive. I think even Horatio was upset with Ray for that. So, it would be hypocritical of him if he turned around and did the same thing to Yelina. Though, letting her in on it is a bit risky, given their closeness, it's also risky not to let her in. She'd be so peeved at him if he didn't let her know of his plans. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.