Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

Talking about the alternative bedroom scene in Gumdrops, i think that if they had been able to film with WP the scene would have been deleted anyway. The writers would have probably said that they didn't have time for it like they did the now famous deleted Cath/Griss scene. Also, the more i think of it the whole 9 years/2 years of intimacy thing seems different. What if Grissom is the one who means physically intimate and Sara means emotionally intimate. Maybe they have been sleeping together on and off for 9 years but Sara didn't consider it a real relationship because they didn't do much else. So the intimacy started when they started seeing each other exclusively and dating. Maybe Griss thought sleeping together was as much of a commitment he could offer? I'm sure i'm dead wrong, but just throwing it out there.

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

wow. there's a theory, lol.
    um..i think your right and wrong on some levels..i think it might have been the other way around, because Sara was the one chasing after Grissom for however many years so, to me, Sara would be the one that saw their physical intimacy as the only relationship that they would ever get. i think Grissom is the one that's way more likely to see the emotional side of the relationship but, again, i'm sure that they did live their relationship through emotions.
    All we've heard about Sara since she left is what Grissom has divulged to the team as an explanation, but they've had numerous phone conversations that we've known about but haven't actually heard so all we are left to go off of was the Dear John letter that she left him. but im sure that any misunderstandings that arouse in that letter for Grissom have been answered for him but not for us, if you know what i mean? :lol:

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On the speech Grissom made in "BUTTERFLIED" I will go look for the transcript , his delivery was brilliant, I thought he'd get a Emmy nod for that, and with Sara watching and listening compelling:wtf:, his expressions after no sleep for 3 days, what an actor:thumbsup: no one like him[​IMG]

Question for the day?:) On their relationship, which team member from the original cast do you think knew first or had a hint or clue? I'll will go with!

BRASS he's always been kind of like a father figure to Sara, with his scummy daughter Ellie blowing it, so he's watched out for her, plus he's chummy with Gil! then~

DOC he's pretty savy, and listens and watches! then~

WARRICK he's no dummy, and also pays attention, I don't think Cath knew or she wouldn't have made the statement, [deleted scene] in "GDC" when she spotted the pic. of them on his fridge, "how long have you and Sara been together"? and Nick, he's so passionate about the cases, maybe didn't notice, and Greg, don't know about him, obviously Ecklie didn't know till "Ala Cart" and said 'Why didn't you tell me" Grissom "we didn't want you to know":rolleyes: and the lab rats maybe, but kept it private! so what do you all think?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  4. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I think Brass knew ... I always assumed his comment to Catherine in TGTBaTD ("I know something way juicier than Gil and LH") was in reference to GSR, although I can't believe he'd have told her. The only other person I can imagine might have known was Greg, simply because he paid so much attention to Sara. Even after he stopped pursuing her romantically, they seemed so close that I could see him deducing it ... although I doubt that G or S would've ever talked about it directly to anyone. I think Jim and maybe Greg would've just suspected.

OK, I need the new season to start because I'm starting to lose my grip on reality. That last paragraph reads like these are real people! Time for an intervention, I guess ;)

Ali

5. Desertwind

Your right on the comment from Brass in that ep. "jucier" and Cath didn't seem to pick up on it, and Greg told Nick he did know, but maybe he was fooling, he did always seem to have a crush on Sara, when he goes "I didn't see anything" and she goes "I saw everything" [what ep. was that?] you'd think as nosy as Icky Ecklie is he would have suspected something, in "Nesting Dolls" he seemed to get it, saying the "OK, she's got a gun, and she's all yours", but probably didn't know the importance of his own statement:shifty:

[​IMG]

6. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I agree with everyone who thinks that Brass definitely knew and possibly Greg. As for that hilarious episode with the decontamination shower desertwind referred to, that was the episode titled 4x4 from season 5. :lol:

7. Desertwind

Thank's GSRLUVER that's right I just couldn't remember the name:( well, their all in for a big surprise, and I guess we are too, it's one month from today Oct. 9.. so counting down the days~ I got the new EW mag. and there's some juicy tid-bits in it~some way off!

In part it says Sara left to visit her mom in San Francisco. Fox is loath to spoil it for fans, but suggests Sara's relationship with Gil is about to take an unexpected turn. "There's definitely more to say about this, teases Fox, whe you see the premiere, all bets are off, By the end, everyone's going to be rethinking their ideas of the characters".. continuing from the the writer..GSR fans, a wedding is unlikely:(, the most romantic moment to date was when Sara rubbed goop off Gil's face [uh, it was chalk]

I never put faith in writers who are so far off the mark, and don't seem to have really ever watched CSI, and don't seem to have a clue about the real deal:scream:

[​IMG]

8. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Lifted from the spoiler board:

Question: So, you are one of the lucky privileged people who got to see the premiere of CSI early. What is the deal with Grissom-Sara? All of these interviews and articles make it sound like their relationship is in huge amounts of trouble. -- Sarah
    Ausiello:
    I didn't see any signs of trouble in the first episode, but the hour isn't really about them; it's about Warrick. If anything, the one significant scene they do share in the Oct. 9 opener is rather moving and, dare I say, hopeful.

Ali

9. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

so, me and my friend get tired of waiting and decide to e-mail Aussiello :alienblush:
    here's what we asked and the answer we got, i'm satisfied with it except it kind of made us sound like we didn't care about Warrick and just wanted what we wanted..so, please, don't read it like that?? lol

just to be on the safe side...

Question: So, you are one of the lucky privileged people who got to see the premiere of CSI early. What is the deal with Grissom-Sara? All of these interviews and articles make it sound like their relationship is in huge amounts of trouble. -- Sarah
    Ausiello:
    I didn't see any signs of trouble in the first episode, but the hour isn't really about them; it's about Warrick. If anything, the one significant scene they do share in the Oct. 9 opener is rather moving and, dare I say, hopeful.
    it was posted on the spoiler thread too..which i find kind of weird because the question was pertaining to GSR..but w/e.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  10. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I just posted that in a spoiler box (boy are you gonna get paintballed!) How cool that you were one of the people who sent the question. Way to get down to business, JFF!

Ali

11. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

ali319 - just a friendly reminder about the rules

~ Posts within Shipper Central must now contain a MINIMUM of 3 lines of Good posting.

JorjaFoxFan - why wouldn't that have been posted on the spoiler thread? That is where spoilers are supposed to be posted.

12. Desertwind

Of course it's all about Warrick, and it's strange and bizzare that poor Warrick has never been talked about this much till the new ep. incessantly mentions him, He was a friend to Grissom big time, and he is the one who mentions Sara in 'Cockroaches" how he misses her, and it's "not the same" and as usual Grissom shines that topic on, he doesn't want to duscuss her to anyone, and on Ausiello:mad:he way back is also this columnist said in "LD" that Sara probably was dead:scream: was she? I don't put much faith in any writer unless it's our CSI guys, or CBS, that's pretty accurate, but on *spoiler* info. anything can be said right now, we have to wait and see:(

OUR COUPLE[​IMG]

13. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Hey guys! I'm gonna see if I have enough to say to meet the quota (no disrespect meant).

You guy's don't have to worry about team spoiler free paintballing you, just the spoiler boxes. If they're covered in paint we can't open them. :)

I have to admit I let myself get a little spoiled. It was all in the line of duty, though. CSIGeekFan asked if she could let a few slip so we could talk about a possible fic story line. I HAD to do it team spoiler free, but it was just a little and I made it stop there. I will not click the boxes, I will not click the boxes.

Speaking of fic story lines, they'd best get me some good GSR in the new season, because my desire to write fanfic is gone.

So...four weeks from tomorrow! I wonder if we'll get a new promo this week. And I wonder how much of the stuff that's been in the promo's is from the first ep.

I'm not to sure about Sara's new hair style...it'll take a bit of getting used to. Hopefully we'll get the chance to get used to it.

I really had to do a double take the other day, I thought I saw a man wearing Grissom's Hawaiian shirt from the 'I'm not ready to say goodbye' scene. Luckily it wasn't quite the same, I may have been arrested when I knocked him down and took it away from him.

14. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Haha, seattlegsrfan, I can picture that happening! :lol: I'd do the same in that situation!

I, too, have never been a big fan of Ausiello because he seems to get a lot of things wrong, but this time, I'm really hoping he's right.

Also, the more and more articles about CSI I read state that Jorja is in a "multi-episode" contract, which makes me think that she is either in more than three episodes or it's still undecided.

Does anyone know if filming has started again? And, if so, what episode they're on? Thanks! :)

Oh, here's something fun everyone can participate in! Entertainment Weekly is having their own versions of the Emmy's, called the Ewwy's, and it's meant for all of the great shows, actors, and actresses that got snubbed this year. Unfortunately, CSI is not up for Best Drama, but Billy Petersen is up for Best Actor and Jorja for Best Supporting Actress. I just voted (it's easy, no registration required or anything) and Jorja's currently in third and Billy in fourth. We need to get voting! Here's the link! :)

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20045108_20045120_20224211,00.html

15. Desertwind

Some one requested the speech by Grissom in the last scene in "BUTTERFLIED" here it is! he's so riveting delivering this after 3 days with no sleep, [on the ep.] what an actor:thumbsup:

Dr. Laurie and his laywer head toward the door, after Brass tells them their theory~

Grissom.. [quietly] It's sad isn't it Doc? guys like us, couple of middle aged men who've allowed their work to consume their lives? The only time we ever touch other people is when we're wearing our latex gloves!

Dr. Laurie turns and looks at Grissom

Grissom..we wake up one day & realize that for 50 years we haven't trally lived at all. But then all of a sudden we get another chance..someone young and beautiful shows up ~flashes to scene~we get another chance ~flashes to scene~that we could care about. She offers us a new life with her--but we have a big decision to make, because we have to risk everything we've worked for to have her..I couldn't do it, but you did, you risked it all, and she showed you a wonderful life, didn't she? but then she took it all away and gave it to someone else, & you were lost, so you killed them both and now you have nothing!

Dr. "I'm still here"
    Grissom "Are you"?

As Sara watches and listens:wtf:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.