Are you In or Out of your Shipper Closet?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Txxgrrrl, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I don't think any of my friends nor my parents know what a shipper is, so I don't talk about it. I like to think of shipping as something that I do during my alone-time. I read fics and I hang around TalkCSI daily and that relaxes me, but I don't really have any need to share it with people.

2. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

Only my very close friends know about my ship. I don't talk to anyone about it, because they wouldn't/couldn't understand.

I don't even think my husband knows what a "ship" is. LOL! I wish I could be more open about it, but I was made fun of once and decided that I wasn't going to talk about it with anyone ever again. I have held fast to this and the only time I talk about it is on here or some other ship related web sites.....

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Since my desktop is shipper-related, my mom kind of gets that I "ship", even though she doesn't really know the term. My friends and my parents know that I write fanfics, but not that I write certain parts from a shipper's perspective.

To be honest, I don't feel like it's anyone's business how I watch my shows, so I don't really talk about it. (Plus, I'm the only one of my friends [and family] who watches CSI, so they wouldn't know what I'm talking about half of the time, anyway.

4. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

I ship and I write fan fiction for my ship and fan fiction that's not ship related. My mom knows I write fan fiction, but that's about it for people in my personal life. I don't share b/c the people I know wouldn't understand

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I read and write fanfic, and create manips.
    Since my ships of choice are slash (Nick/Greg and sometimes Grissom/Greg) I do not share my stories with my family, although they know about it. They are very religious and are not accepting of the gay lifestyle (keep in mind I myself am not gay, I just like the guy on guy action).

My husband knows about what I write about, he knows my love for Nick and Greg but he's not interested in knowing more (if he was I'd worry-LOL). I had a small number of co-workers who knew I write gay fanfic but I didn't go into detail or discuss it regularly, they saw it as weird. I since changed jobs (same company different location) and do not discuss it with my new co-workers nor do I plan to. I've learned its best to keep such things quiet.

So I just post my stuff on line and share it with people who share my interest and love for Nick and Greg (or Grissom and Greg).

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  6. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Can I join in and answer?

Only my roomate knows about my double life! She's my best friend in the world and totally supports it. Even tries to join in a time or two. Other than her... nobody.

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm also writing and reading fanfics.

Slash is not popular in my part of Europe (shipping in general too, though). My family even don't know what the shipping is. They just don't know in what other way I'm watching CSI. Only my two friends know that I'm a slash shipper. They both think that's fun but not really into it that much how I am. I'm also from religious family but luckily a little bit more tolerant than usually people here. But definitely I won't share it with them (even tolerance has some limits and I think slash shippng would be that limit). My friends from school, uni totally don't know about it. And better if they never know that.

Just like you Wojo I've learned to keep my interests in quiet.

So I can say that I'm in closet with my Nick/Greg shipping but it's good to meet people online who share the same interests. It's much better than talking about it in real life. When someone is not watching CSI can look at you weird and think that you're crazy etc. A little bit harder is when someone saw the show and totally don't understand where I found signals that my two favourite characters are homosexual.

8. NYMiamiLover345

NYMiamiLover345 Victim

Totally in my shipper closet.

I write fanfic petry for CSI: Miami and New York, and the poetry I write can get a bit racy. I keep my thougts on paper. My mom and friends would all have a field day if they read what i had wrote so far.

9. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I used to be like that, keeping some of my... interests only to Nick/Greg.... But since meeting new people who also like my ship... I've become more open.

Yeah some ppl have a hard time. Sorry Wojo...

Thats why an Higher power created the internet and talksCSI...

10. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

I'm definitely out! I'm a DL shipper and proud! I know they're going through a rough patch at the moment, but I know that their love will get them through it.

11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

As mentioned before, I guess it depends somehow on who you ship. I think if you ship a straight couple people might look funny at you but if you ship a gay couple people look at you extremely funny and not in a "funny" way. Does that make any sense.

I'd like to talk about my ship to my friends, but firstly they don't watch CSI and secondly it would raise other questions that I don't want to answer so I come here and talk about it with people who are actually interested in it and understand me, just like you said candygirl!