CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I totally forgot to mention this. I think it's very telling that he said that and then Matt made sure to say none of the Rikki scenes have been filmed yet.

Thank you, Matt for the news! :thumbsup:

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

It is very telling. I remember the speculations that DL could end as early as episode two due to that spoiler from Ausiello about a 'DL montage' featuring Maroon 5. So now that we have confirmation that DL may possibly end before Rikki even shows up ... yeah, I can see it being Danny and Lindsay choosing to end things rather than some outside factor doing it.

I have a pretty good reason in mind why, but I ain't gonna say it. :lol:

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I most definitely prefer the idea of D/L ending without any outside factors influencing it. It makes for a clean break, and potentially a new beginning for both of them without any unnecessary drama added to the mix.

I'm really, really interested to see what the storyline with Rikki will be. :)

4. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

These new spoilers make me even more anxious for the new season to begin! Some Flack and Hawkes drama (it's about F'ing time! :wtf: ), Stella and Mac storylines, Sid danger, Angell is back and so is our fave little lab munchkin Adam, and now it sounds like the demise of D/L, which will, as pointed out above, only serve to round Lindsay out as a character more fully, which she certainly deserves (and needs, IMO). Bring it on! :thumbsup:

5. puteri

puteri Victim

Probably, is good to be apart for a while. I think its good for character development especially for Lindsay. There is good chance for them to get back together. Im very excited to hear that Lindsay's getting a new love interest. I wonder who is the actor;) For rikki, i truly hope that there will be a good storyline for her.

6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Sid in danger....poor man is having it tough lately, what with allergies, itching powder and what happens in s5. NY is a dangerous city indeed for our CSIs and even our creepy M.E!
    Yay for the Sid/Flack/Hawkes storylines though, like you say, it's about f'ing time (though I do love Mac/Stella/Danny stories too!) And double yay for some character development for Lindsay that's not D/L centric - she does deserve and need it.
    s5 looks so good!

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I agree with you!!!!!!!!!!! Season 5 will be fantastic :D I feel it will be "Stella season" but we will have a fair share of screentime for all characters. :D
    More Angell and Don flirting, Don's sister, Sheldon's friend,Sid poisoned, Adam in trouble (because of Samantha) and of course Mac and Stella's relationship with other people (yeah, right!:lol: It's the only thing i don't expect from Season 5;))

As Smacked fan i want to know if Mac and Stella are living together because after Right Next Door they were completely different as usual. They remained friends but they seemed to be closer, so after all the "Extra Room Offer" could be accepted despite of Stella said no (aparently:lol:

Debbie :D

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yep, a clean break, especially in this case, is a very good thing. To be frank, I was more surprised that TPTB picked Carmine to relay this latest spoiler than the spoiler itself. :lol: Ever since news of Rikki returning was confirmed, I'd suspected that TPTB may possibly go the route of ending DL before Rikki shows up (if only to minimize the hate waves going around the internet ever since episode 4x16). I didn't think they'd actually go for it though, jaded as I am about Drama Llama. :lol: It's great to see they may very well do so. :)

I, too, am very, very interested to see what the storyline with Rikki will be, even more now that it seems Lindsay won't be part of the situation at all and there'll be no DL drama tainting things.

Amen to all of that! :cool:

Considering what's happened, Danny and Lindsay apart is a good thing, definitely. I won't be surprised if TPTB makes DL drama pop up for the sake of, well, drama later on ... but based on what Lindsay said to Mac about it being so stupid of her to have ever gotten involved with Danny, her being determined to get over things and of course, Rikki becoming part of Danny's life again, I do think the chances of DL getting back together is in the 'really stagnant' levels at this point, as Carmine eloquently put it.

If all TPTB intends to do is stir up drama for the sake of getting DL 'back together', they didn't need to bring back Rikki, much less bring in a new love interest for Lindsay. Add that with the latest spoiler that DL may end before Rikki even appears, and it looks like it may be a complete and clean break so Danny and Lindsay can start anew separately with no lingering drama.

:lol: Poor Sid. Let us hope the team will be there to help him out with whatever trouble's coming up for him!

9. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

hope lindsay won't try to make Danny jealous
    and if she does, I hope Danny's thought will be something like - couldn't care less, Rikki is much better and not such a stroppy cow and is much more mature - :D

I'm also very excited to see what the storyline with Rikki will be.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I do hope we don't get a silly jealousy storyline when Lindsay's new guy comes into the picture. That's best left to teen relationship shows. It would also be OOC, given that Danny seemed to more or less lose interest in Lindsay during season four.

11. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

^ Sorry, I'm relativly new, "OOC"?

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

OOC = Out of Character. :)

13. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

Ooh! Thanks.
    Yes, then, I agree with Top! :lol:

14. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I completely agree. That would be OOC, and really trite and clicheed. Danny definitely meshes better with Rikki than Lindsay. Perhaps Lindsay will mesh better with this guy than she did with Danny.

15. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

I know we've seen more of Danny and Lindsay together than more of Danny and Rikki together, so perhaps that is why I think this, but why do you think that Danny meshes better with Rikki than with Lindsay? I think him and Lindsay have more in common and both bring out a different side in each other when they are together. I only remember Danny and Rikki sleeping together as a way to grieve over Reuben. We haven really "'seen" them together, have we?
    ...I dont really wanna debate this to death, as I dont really have much of a care who's with who when it comes to Danny and Lindsay :lol: - I like both characters, together or apart, but I was just wondering why people thought Rikki was suited better for Danny...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.