'New York' Gets In The Game

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Sep 5, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Bring the Big Apple to your PC.<p>CBS and Ubisoft are going to release a <I>CSI: New York</I> game for the PC later this year. "We are excited to be partnering with Ubisoft again on the next iteration in the successful <I>CSI</I> video game series," <font color=yellow>Liz Kalodner</font>, executive vice president and general manager of CBS Consumer Products, told <A class="link" HREF="http://www.worthplaying.com/">WorthPlaying</a>. "With <I>CSI: NY</I>'s engaging storylines, compelling characters and unique visual style, it is a natural progression to extend the experience into a video game that effectively brings the show to life."<p>"We are thrilled to offer fans a new type of crime-solving experience with <I>CSI: NY</I>," <font color=yellow>Tony Key</font>, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Ubisoft, explained. "With an all-new graphic novel art style, improved player controls and added interactive gameplay, <I>CSI: NY</I> will provide a more accessible approach for fans looking to immerse themselves in the show's universe."<p>During five brand-new crimes, players will get to control interrogations and create reenactments. Players will take on the roles of Detective Mac Taylor (<font color=yellow>Gary Sinise</font>) and Detective Stella Bonasera (<font color=yellow>Melina Kankaredes</font>). The PC game will also include mini-games, such as code breaking and facial reconstruction.<p>The original article is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=55411">WorthPlayin</a>. The <I>CSI: NY</I> game is scheduled to be released this holiday season.<center></center>

2. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

Wow, I haven't posted in *such* a long time. :)

I'm so excited about this piece of news! I've been waiting FOREVER for a CSI: NY PC game. *twitches* I just hope that my PC meets the minimum requirements to be able to play the game (mine's not exactly the latest model...).

Not to sound like an idiot, but "holiday season" would mean sometime around Christmas, yes? Which would be *really* cool, because I'll be vacationing in the US during the last 2 weeks of December, so I'll most probably be able to buy the game somewhere, rather than having to wait months and months for it to get to Singapore. Yay!

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yep, 'holiday season' would be at the end of the year. :D

I don't know if my computer will be able to handle it, but if I get a new one in the near future, I might pick up the game - I'm not usually into that kind of thing, but it does look like it might be fun. :p

4. Misery

Misery Pathologist

So, this game will be a bit different from other CSI games? We'll be able to play only the roles of Stella & Mac? That's kind of a bad thing...I want to be Danny! :D Just kidding. But, still, I think that being able to play all character was the best part of those games. Maybe a few actors didn't want to give their voices and they didn't want to use substitutes....

5. DAnNSfreak

DAnNSfreak Rookie

Awriight!! Finally! I have all the other CSI games. It's so much fun seeing the computerised version of the characters... too bad it's just Stella and Mac. I want to play Danny too. XD
    But in the previous games, we always played as the newbie CSI, so this is a nice change.

Oh, Lessien_Tinuviel, you're from Singapore? I'm Malaysian. Neighbours! Heh. Yeah, it's always tough getting CSI merchandise here. Either they're no where to be found, or they take forever to arrive.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Finally! :D I was actually asking last week why they didn't have a NY game come out. Well, speak of the devil. :p

I'll definitely be picking this one up.

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

And me, I've been wanting a NY game for a while :lol::D

8. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

Hey, neighbor! :D Yeah, CSI merchandise is pretty hard to find here... I want one of those jigsaw puzzles! I only managed to get it when I went to the US a couple of years ago...and the board game too! But the tie-in novels are pretty easy to find, though. If that's any consolation. LOL.