Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I'm confused as to why some people still think that Warrick is alive.

2. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Umm, well, I think that some people are saying "Warrick" and "alive" in the same sentence because they are saying what they wish and/or hope would happen. I haven't actually heard anyone say "Warrick's still alive". They are saying "this would happen had Warrick not been killed" or "this would happen if Warrick was still alive" which is very different than people actually thinking he's still alive.

I mean, I proposed the idea of Witness Protection, and many people have proposed ideas of the reason Nick sees Warrick's "ghost", but not so much that he is still alive for sure.

But, anyways, I think that this promo was absolutely great. So much more character interaction. Plus, so many more scenes of upcoming episodes. Still lacking Greg, but overall I thought it was pretty darn good. :thumbsup:

And if I'm mistaken, does it look like McKeen running down the alley way after a hooded figure? In the same alley where Warrick was shot? Cause if so, Grissom's statement about "the first witness to a crime is usually the first suspect", would mean that the hooded figure was the first witness?! right?!

Anyone get what I'm saying? Or am I just babbling?:confused:

3. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I have looked at this clip several times and looked on other sites and saw stills of this scene....I am thinking Catherine standing, tall, straight form, the person sitting is from the curvature of the back really looks like Sara and it could be Gregg, Nick OR Grissom coming in the door....a lot of people are mentioning the lamps but I am thinking it is more for lighting for this scene...but I could be wrong....I still think something happens in the scene described by George Eads at Monte Carlo, the shot where Nick and Brass arrive where the car has driven off the road through hte guard rail, Nick in a white dress shirt with a bullet proof vest over it....the helicopter, where he says that they have their guns pointed at this man's head...one clip almost makes me think either Nick is shot at or the car explodes but that is what I see.

4. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

George Eads described this scene? I think I must've missed that ... is there a link to it or something?

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Just a few of my takes on the extended promo scenes:

I think that is Sara with Pam Adler in the hospital room scene.

I think that new clip of Greg with a slight but sad smile might be a Sara/Greg moment (hopes!).

The 'OMG' at the end of this promo sounds more like Nick.

Grissom speaking at the beginning sounds like a class lecture to me. Maybe it indicates his returning to his teaching roots when he leaves CSI.

Definitely many season 8 clips in there (Dead Doll, GBaGL, LDWD, to name a few).

A great promo, but as usual, more questions than answers. October seems so far away!

6. Nicksfriend

Well, I am not allowed to link them here but put in George Eads at Monte Carlo and him sitting on that plastic couch and he talks about the bus scene and he also talks about the helicopter scene, though he does not mention the episodes by name the description is all you really need to know which ones he is talking about and it was in July...they had not shot that many episodes yet.

He is very handsome and cute in these interviews...I kinda think he is a hottie myself.

7. Nicksfriend

At first I thought like you...Sara and Pam Adler...but I went back and read the spoiler and it says something like this....

Sara is still in town, and she goes to visit an old friend, Thomas Adler. Thomas first appeared in Too Tough to Die during the show's first season. His wife Pam was raped, beaten and shot, but she survived. She's been in a vegetative state for all these years, and Thomas finally pulled the plug. He tells Sara he prayed every week for God to end his wife's suffering.

Which implies he has already done the deed of allowing his wife to move on...but when did she get a ventilator...in the show she did not have one???? Which being a nurse made me think feeding tube...it would make more sense.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I see what you mean. Maybe it's a flashback or something. It sure looks like Sara; I think it is too tall to be Catherine and the body in bed is too small to be Warrick. 'Pulling the plug' usually indicates a ventilator, but you're right, she didn't have one in TTtD. But there was one by the bedside. IDK.

9. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

From Matt Roush at tvguide.com:

Question: I have to agree with everyone who is unhappy with Gary Dourdan's character's demise on CSI. Why was it even necessary? If the man had personal issues that needed to be addressed, couldn't they just have written him out until that was taken care of? Send him off for training or something like that. God knows they did that with Grissom. Could it be that CSI (as well as a couple other series, notably Bones and NCIS) has enough episodes in the can for syndication purposes so the producers are cutting costs by eliminating troublesome or peripheral cast members? As far as House's finale was concerned, I think the writers could not figure out where to go with the Wilson/Amber/House triangle so they just offed her character for ratings. Amber was not likable, so they figured nobody would care like they would if it had been a regular character. By the way, Robert Sean Leonard should get an Emmy nomination for that episode. And what was the deal with the Jenny Shepard death on NCIS? It didn't even make sense. For two seasons, she's been chasing La Grenouille, who eventually winds up dead with no real resolution to that whole plot, but then she gets offed by some Eastern Europeans she and Gibbs messed with 10 years previously? It was a plot completely out of left field. I hope the producers at NCIS don't pull a House and mothball Ziva, Tony and Tim's characters like the House producers did with Cameron, Chase and to a lesser degree Foreman. Thanks for the venting outlet. — Lena

Matt Roush: I don't think I'd accuse a show like CSI of cost-cutting when they reach out to a marquee talent like Laurence Fishburne (who I can't imagine comes cheap) to join the show when William Petersen departs. The way I look at character deaths, a lot more forgivingly it seems than many fans, is that if the death has dramatic impact, I can live with it, especially if I'm moved by it. I'm not a constant follower of NCIS, so can't address the accuracy of your complaints on that storyline, but the death of Shepard (judging from the episode I saw) felt the most calculated and least impactful of the ones you describe. Whatever the circumstances of Gary Dourdan's turbulent final year on CSI, I felt the producers gave him some great material as Warrick struggled with personal demons and, as he reached a moment of triumph, was shockingly felled by someone within the department. How that plays out in the season opener (which I screened over the summer) is very powerful, I thought, and a tribute to Dourdan's status on the show. As for killing Amber on House, I couldn't disagree more (except on the point that Robert Sean Leonard deserves an Emmy nomination). The impact of the revelation that she was on the ill-fated bus with House (and why), and the fallout of her death as it affects the friendship of House and Wilson, was the dramatic high point of a very flawed season (and, by the way, I don't think you have to worry about NCIS going the way of House long-term). To me, there was nothing arbitrary or ratings-driven about the way Amber left the show. The fact that these storylines disturb fans tells me they're doing their job. (I tend to feel that any show dealing with life-and-death stakes that never sacrifices a major character is playing it too safe.)

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I like his take on that. I agree, on shows that are dramas that never sacrifice a major character are playing it too safe. So many things have happened to the CSI's on this show, it was time for someone to actually die. The circumstance with Gary presented itself with the option for them to take a character out and I think they are doing it in a respectful way.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well, I kind of wish a show didn't have to go the death route in order to keep it fresh. It just seems so contrived.

All in all, I am going to miss Warrick. I felt like he was just such a solid character and it's unfortunate we had to lose him.

12. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I hate to see Warrick go as well. As I'm watching reruns this summer, I keep trying to imagine what the show will be like without him. I never realized how attached I was to the character, but I think I will miss him as much as Grissom (and I love Grissom). I do agree with some of CM's comments earlier this summer, though, that this was probably the way Warrick would go. And after watching Cockroaches on LDWD, I'm starting to buy the idea that his departure was engineered earlier in the season ... something I was very skeptical about initially.

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I hadn't seen this on here, I thought this was interesting. BTW, this is from TVGuide.com, Matt Mitovich and Mickey O'Connor......

Sweet! I know a lot of people were not pleased about him being in the promo for a microsecond. I'm happy, especially because he's been there from the beginning and been an integral part of the show. Hopefully he'll get a few good storylines this season.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, seriously, it's about time that Greg got a promotion. Lets hope he gets more screen time too and lets see a little of the old, funny Greg sometimes.

15. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

Thx for great news Shytownmofo! :D

though I'm still sceptical about the amount of screentime he will get in the next season, TPTB may well think that promotion =/= more storylines :/
    but I hope I'm just too pessimistic :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.