Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I'd like to think that she doesn't need the reassurance, but yeah, she probably would be a little jealous. I think it'd be more of a gut reaction rather than a thought-out process, though. Unless Calleigh thinks the girl has ulterior motives, however, I really doubt that she'd be jealous for long. I don't think she fears being replaced, as far as friendship goes, because I'm pretty sure she feels secure enough in that aspect of their relationship. She isn't the clingy type, and she trusts Eric.

When Eric and Calleigh get together and if at that point, Eric had this close female friend, I don't think it would be an issue at all. Honestly, I equate all other female characters to Valera, and no hiphugger should be threatened by Valera. This is, of course, because Valera has no ulterior motive and no interest romantically in Eric, which is what I'm basing the whole argument on.

But if this "close friend" wanted something else entirely, it's quite possible I would put out a hit on the writers.

2. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I hope there won't be Eric/Tara ship. I think that Tara could be important for EC because she could make Calleigh jealous, and I would really like to see that. But more than anything I'd like him to reassure her. :devil:

I'd love to see that. Imagine what a turn-on that would be for Eric...

3. delko2calleigh

delko2calleigh Witness

Haha I guess I am gunna get shunned for this for a while but I wanna see a Eric/Tara ship...

4. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

*throws tomatoes* You're kidding, right?? ;)

I don't think that Eric would do anything remotely like get involved in another "love triangle". That said, the writers and TPTB could decide that Tara will be useful in stringing all of the Hip Huggers along for another whole season...:brickwall:

I hope they don't screw us over that way!:shifty:

5. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

I completely agree with you - I mean, how many times have we heard that word trust used in regards to their relationship now? She's perfectly aware of his feelings, and knows her position is safe. The only way I can see his friendship with Tara having an effect on her is if she feels that gut reaction of jealousy, and then realises what she's doing to Eric by being with Jake.

But then I think she's already aware of that.

6. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I think she knows it, but she still put him through hell while she was with Jake.

It would be nice to see Calleigh jealous that another woman was showing Eric some attention. She trusts Eric, and knows that he won't do anything, but I think that she would have that "clinched feeling in her stomach, pissed as hell feeling that some chick was scoping out her man" reaction if Tara tries to put the moves on Eric. I gotta say, I'd pay money to see it!:)

7. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Oh, she knows. She definitely knows. There is no doubt in that.

Seeing a jealous Calleigh would be nice. I really don't think Calleigh has anything to worry about when it comes to Eric and Tara since Eric is obviously 'in love' with her but she made Eric suffer when it came to Jake.. so it's only fair if she goes through the same thing, right?

Anyway, I don't think Tara is going to be a love interest for Eric.
    1) It would be ridiculous for the writers to add someone else in the show for him.
    and 2) Eric is just a nice guy. Think about the episodes 'You May Now Kill the Bride' and I think.. 'Tunnel Vision'.. he flirted with someone other than Calleigh in those episodes but that didn't change his feelings for Calleigh.

8. delko2calleigh

delko2calleigh Witness

*Ducks from flying Tomatoes&Does Chicken Dance*
    Okaiies in my defence Audrey. I am only saying that for Jealous Calleigh reasons. I wanna see how Cal would react. And I agree with JoannaRose897 totally that I think it is fair that Eric gets a "love intrest" since Calleigh strung Eric along during her realtionship with Jake. So I think it is time Eric gets his turn.

9. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I just have to say this. Kaz, I love your signature, I think it's the best you've ever had.

I just hope the writers won't do something to ruin EC. I'm OK with Eric joking around with Tara, but I wouldn't like them to have what could be called a moment.

10. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

:guffaw: *extends hand* You're a good sport!

I actually agree with you. Calleigh has really put Eric through it, and turnabout is fair play. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Etc... That said, I just hope that however this plays out it's for the good of Eric and Calleigh's relationship. I don't want them to get derailed before they even get a chance to begin a relationship.:)

11. delko2calleigh

delko2calleigh Witness

*smiles* Thank you.

Yesh that is basically what I was saying but wanted to make ppl hate me first haha. Yeah same here I think that it wont de-rail anything though really. When you think about it you can totally see they are madly in love with eachother so there is no way it will happen.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Of course Calleigh knows what she's been doing to Eric by being with Jake. Some examples:

1. In BBYD the Hummer scene. Eric was all strange and she asked if it had to do with her and Jake.

2. The episode where Eric told Stetler about Jake and Cal and she got all pissed. Eric told her he wasn't crazy about the Jake situation but he would never rat her out (or something to that effect).

3. Born to Kill: puppy,hurting eyes when Jake kissed Cal.

4. Dangerous Son: the "Jake's got the same tan" comment

She knows he's hurting which is why I soooo badly want to see a jealous Calleigh moment. So even though I'm a bit scared about how the writers will handle the whole Tara thing, I'm also looking forward to see Cal's reaction (which I hope she has and we get to see).

13. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Do you ever wonder what was going through Calleigh's head during all of that? Here's this guy, that we know she adores at the very least in a best friend way, who it's pretty obvious she has a strong attraction to and deeper feelings for. And she's in this relationship with another man who she clearly wants to be with and try things out, but the whole time she knows she's hurting this person who she cares so much about, and trusts so much, and spends so much time with. Maybe a contributing factor for Jake not working out so well?

14. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

*nods* Guilt is a powerful motivator. If she felt guilty about hurting Eric it might interfere with whatever she was trying to workout with someone else. Also, if that person lied to her about how many mimosa's he drank then she might feel compelled to end the relationship.:rolleyes:

15. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Wow. I forgot about half of that. When I think about Eric being hurt by Calleigh, I usually only think about the end of 'Born to Kill'.

I really feel bad for the guy.:(
    She's kind of put him through hell, yes?

I don't want them to get together right away for that very reason. I think she deserves to be jealous and watch him with someone else for just a little bit. It's only fair.

Oh, and I'm not trying to make Calleigh sound like the 'bad guy' or anything like that. I just don't think it would be very realistic if they got together right away and without drama.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.