How much is packet of cigarettes where you live?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dopebabygirl, Jul 27, 2008.

?

Do you smoke?

1. Yes, I smoke

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Yes, but I plan to quit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, but I'm open to starting

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No, and I never will

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. mitzi

mitzi Prime Suspect

Re: Smoking

7.65€ roughly for a 20 pack here in Ireland, plus here you can only buy a pack of 20. They got rid of the ten packs about a year ago. I think that along with banning smoking from the bars and clubs has prompted a lot of people to give up which is great.

By the looks of this post aswell we also seem to be the most expensive for cigerettes, which is another great thing. It stops the younger kids buying them (I hope!).

2. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

higher prices don't stop you from smoking, normally
    when I started a 20 pack was 2.50 € and now it's a 17 pack for 4.00 €
    It hadn't stopped anyone I know, i know a lot who started smoking, even though it is getting more and more expensive,

3. mitzi

mitzi Prime Suspect

I guess it depends on the people you know. Quite a few people I know have stopped, and more have certainly cut down because they're so expensive. I suppose the fact that they're almost 7€ here and the price rises every year in the budget makes the difference...

4. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

In Romania a pack of fags is less than 2 euros. I have been a smoker since I was 14 (I will be 20 in 2 weeks). Even though they are expensive, and getting more and more expensive at every 2 months, quitting is not even close to me. I started because I was stupid, and now I didn't even try to quit them, but I guess that if I try I will probably succeed. By the way, for the smokers here, how did you started smoking, and when?

5. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

7€ is way too expensive and budget does makes a big defference, I rember paying 5,80 Pound in London :eek: I wasn't allowed to buy cigerettes at a duty free shop :(

in Ukraine/Russia some people can't even afford to pay 70 cent a pack even the low price (for other countires) is too expensive for them