The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

I really liked the episode where Nick came out and told Catherine about what had happened to him with the babysitter. I don't think Nick told anyone about that, and if it took that much pressure to tell her that, I seriously wonder if he'd told anyone about him being gay before this point in the series.

Maybe Nick realized that he couldn't keep hiding away all his problems and dilemas, and he needed to tell someone? Hmm.
    Poor Nicky, but it seems as if every CSI has their problems. Sara and her family issues, Cath had her best friend die, Warrick ... well, growing up in Vegas had it's own problems, Greg ... I guess the whole only child thing, and Gris with his dad dying and whatnot.

I could actually see Nick and Greg talking about all their problems. If they're living together, maybe one of them can't sleep. Maybe Nick's just sitting up against the headboard, thinking, and Greg rolls over and asks what he's doing. Nick just says that he can't sleep, and Greg sits up with him, and they just sit and talk for the rest of the night.

2. Saradise

Saradise Civilian

Hey guys! I've been lurking around here for ages, and finally decided to get an account, so hello! :)

I've been slowly re-watching all my dvds in anticipation of the upcoming season and one conversation jumped out at me from season 3:

Nick: Yeah, and the semen sample I recovered is still being processed in DNA

enter Greg

Greg: Not anymore, I'm done, and no jokes about me being fast in this department [His gaze and the comment directly to Nick, who smirks and laughs]

I admit, I am nervous about going into the new season, but with episodes (and glances :) ) like that, everything should be fine. I've always established that Nick was Gregs and Greg was Nicks :thumbsup:

also, sorry if this is completely off the topic you guys were going from, this episode just kind of made me want to burst into the conversation :)

3. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Hi Saradise, welcome to the Fort! You'll like it here!

What episode is that quotation from? I remember it vaguely but now I want tor re-watch it.

I just love those little moments between them.

And there's no off topic when it comes to our boys!! :thumbsup:

Hm, my_last_chance, I never thought about it this way. But then again telling someone you've been abused as a child is different from telling them you're gay. But I get your point. Nick's a very private person. He doesn't talk much about his life and telling someone you're gay is definitely something extremely personal. So ... I guess you're right.

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Firstly, hello Saradise! It's so nice to have next Love shipper around here:)

So few words from me about last topics:
    Holidays - definitely camping, watching stars would be something really nice for them. Especially for Nick. I'm not sure that Greg will enjoy it totally... I mean, so much silence, nature. I think Nick likes it much more than him. Greg is more "noisy" and a party person. Beach - yeah, I see how is Greg surfing and Nick's reading book or just having a sunbath. And at night they're togehter going to the party under the night sky, drink some coctails, dance. Trip to Norway - you even don't know how much I love this country! That's the most beautiful place on Earth. I see that Greg is showing the most interesting places like Bergen, then the most stunning fiords, Heidangervida which is the most calm place (wow, for me everything in Norway is "the most":lol:). And of course we're going back to camping. Between beautiful mountains, rivers and valleys they can find place just to relax. Oh, and maybe romantic trip to Nordkapp? Or Lofoten islands? I need to shut up about Norway. I can talk and talk and talk;) And at last trip to New York. That's the thing which Greg can enjoy the most. Shopping, many concerts, clubs, parties. He can be really busy there. And Nick wants only a nice walk in Central Park;) But I'm sure he'll enjoy all things with his boyfriend...

Pets - I think they're both more fans of dogs than cats (which I personally love). But I think they can have both;) I see also Greg having a snake or lizard.

Game of Love - yay, that's what I love!;) This chemistry and teasing each other in their cute way. Just like MsCB said "subtext subtext subtext, love it love it love it." Nick and Greg are often making me giggle! Just a small gesture and I'm happy like a little child who gets a new toy, lol.

MLC, I like your point about their talks about problems. Nick very often needs someone to listen. But we know how hard is for him talking about personal things. Like this scene in Overload with Catherine. That was so touching, and I had tears in my eyes. I'm sure Greg is there for him and listen. I could see this scene in bedroom too, MLC. It's very in Nick style, just sitting and thinking alone. And then Greg is hugging him, giving a small kiss on cheek and then they're talking.

5. my_last_chance

Welcome Saradise! Hope you have a great time at The Fort!

Nicky ... I dunno, he's kind of a closed guy, isn't he? Not extremely, but he can be in some regards, like with things that he pushes deep. I honestly don't see Nick telling anyone that he's gay. Maybe some people at the lab (Warrick and Cath) could tell, but I don't know if Nick would just come out and say it.

If Nick told anyone, I'd wager it would've been Warrick. Nick and Warrick were really close friends and Nick probably would have felt confident enough to tell his best friend, right? Hm.

Wow, I just had a really sad thought. Seeing as how I put "were" really close friends instead of "are" really close friends, in my mind Warrick's dead. What if Nick and Greg weren't together at this point and were still unaware of each other's feelings, and what if Nick had only told Warrick that he was gay? Poor Nicky, but I'm sure that by this time Nick and Greg are together. And if they aren't, they need to be locked in a closet somewhere until they are.

Back to the original topic of conversation ... Greg on the other hand ... I could see him telling Sara straight up, maybe. They were pretty close, so who knows what they talked about if they ever went to hang out. One never knows.

6. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

LOL my_last_chance!!

How funny that was, but if they were locked in the closet how on earth can Nicky ever come out? LOL. Sorry that made me giggle:guffaw:.
    Well lets say the men arent together~Warrick could really push them together, consolidate each other...etc...etc..

Saradise's welcome!

7. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Firstly, welcome Saradise. Glad you decided to post, it's great in here :)

I agree that, in terms of telling anyone anything personal, Nicky finds it really hard. I mean, generally, he doesn't seem like a guy without confidence, but that's just in general terms. When it comes to anything personal, he's a lot more closed.

I agree, it took him a lot to tell Cath about the babysitter, and I guess coming out would be equally hard for him. I mean, i think when it comes to his personal feelings, he likes to keep them guarded somewhat, to keep sheltered I guess, to stop being badly hurt. I think, to tell anyone that he's gay would have been huge for him. I really do. And I think it'll be almost as hard once he and Greg got together to go on and tell people about their relationship, whereas Greg is more outgoing, he wouldn't be as worried about it.

8. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

One Hit Wonder. The one with the peeping tom at a apartment complex. So many sperm jokes in that episode. :lol:

I think it would be really hard for Nicky to come out that hes in a relationship with Greggo. Like you all have said he is a very private person. Like in Overload he says to Cath that she is the first person he has told about the babysitter. But I have a feeling Greggo knew and thats why he goes so out of his way for Nicky in that episode. Warrick knew, even if Nicky never told him outright, he could just read the signs and know. Same with Cath, but in some way I feel Nicky would feel more comfy telling her something like this. Shes a very motherly figure to the boys. Where as I can see Greggo (I agree with MLC) just telling Sara that hes in the relationship with Nicky. We know she can keep a secret so why not.

Welcome to the FORT Saradise!

9. Saradise

Saradise Civilian

Love_fan, that quote's from season 3, One hit Wonder.

I think that when Nick finally told Cath about the babysitter, that might have gotten the ball rolling for him. It would've taken a huge weight off his chest and maybe he liked the feeling of coming clean, so he maybe decided it couldn't hurt to let some people know he was gay?

With Greg, I think he would've told Sara immediately...well, after all his flirting with her didn't pan out :lol:

Even if Nick and Greg are just friends though, they have to be really comfortable with each other. When Greggo pushed Nick out of the chair when he and Warrick were in the lab, it shows just how comfortable he is around Nick. If Warrick had been in that chair, Greg would never have dared to try that to Warrick.

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Nick really needn't tell Warrick that he's in relationship with Greg. They know each other for years and Rick is definitely that kind of person who is a good observer. Nick really couldn't hide from him anything. Especially that he's interested in Greg. If I good remember Warrick was with him when Nick checked Greg's ass (was it Hunger Artist? I don't remember). And of course Warrick noticed that! And Nick's face. No, Nick couldn't hide. We can't also forget that when we are with friends our behaviour is more comfy. Like in Leapin' Lizards (I hope I'm sure it was that epi, lol) when Nick and Warrick called themselves baby and honey. I don't remember who started that but one thing I know. In this moment Warrick was sure that Nick is gay and with Greg. Even when his friend said that he couldn't accept relationship with co-worker. Yeah, sure, in Rick's brain turned a little red light on and screamed - liar! Catherine knows about them 'cause she just knows. I always see her as a person with a great intuition. And the scene when Nick said "Greggo my Leggo". Nope, he couldn't hide again.

And Sara. I can't sure about her now. Agian I recalled that she told to Mia when Greg lost his virginity. Sorry, but I can't throw this out from head. I think Sara, like Catherine, knows about boys' relationship thanks to intuition.

11. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I think Cath knows because she just knows. She's good with people and can read body language (I mean she made a living out of it before). I think that she would have read how Nick and Greg act around each other, and just knew. I think Nick would have told her, and tried to tell her though, and she just puts a hand on his shoulder and says "I know Nicky, I know" with him looking confused.

I think Warrick just knew as well. Maybe not as early as Cath, but he knew, or at least suspected.

I think Sara knew, but I think Greggo would have told her. I think that she knew all along he was bi (I think they both are) and I think he'd have told her he liked Nicky before they got together. I guess she would be one of the first people that Greg told.

12. my_last_chance

^^ I totally agree with everything you said. Cath's awesome with her intuition and she can read people extremely well. Warrick may not have been told, but I think he had some sort of idea. Comments Nick might have made probably made him slightly suspicious. I'm fairly sure that Greg would have just told Sara. They were close friends and I personally think that Greg's more open about his sexuality than Nick.

EDIT: Removed spoiler because it wasn't valid.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  13. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Exactly~ladies of the love you all hit it on the head!

Nick may appear straight but if you listen closely his gives it up. For one, he never ever talks about his past, and if it is mentioned (ie in a recant of his college days,) its either a friend or his room mate in college. or he keeps it very ambigious. Secondly, many confused went down the same road as Nick~ but as far as we knew he didnt pay. Nick Stokes is an attractive man, so in 9 years that one incident... Na, I'm not buying into that Nicky, we know that you're gay. A closeted gay man!

Greg is the total opposite, how many times has he said about girls in college.. Its like a person who talks nooooooooooon stop about a girl, or a boy that they like, or sex. They probably arent getting any. All Greg talks about is girl, girls and more girls.. Who is he trying to convince? Does Warrick talk about girls (in the same way as Greg? No, Warrick talks about a girlfriend here or there... In fact does any of the male characters.......

No!~ Greg we know that you like boys just as much as girls (!)

See where I'm coming from?

Yeah, Warrick, Cath knows for certainty. Sara ~ does as well, but her way of finding out was well (as far as I think anyhow) in your face. Or maybe Sara is quiet, she observes things, so maybe she either really went for it, and flirted big time with Greg, or she made it plain that she knows who Greg likes lol...

As their best friends, once all that is done with, Sara and Greg~ are/were/is/ just as close as Nick and Warrick are/is/were/

~

BTW~ I'm trying to do 'the game of the love' from whatever seasons I'm watching... I'll post some in a different post, and ya'll are free to add it!

14. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Hello :D Welcome to the Fort!

I like your thinking...in my experience it is often the case that one big revelation, getting something difficult out in the open (like the babysitter, telling Catherine) can be such a huge relief that it spurs a person on to open up more. And like you say, if he thought 'hey, that wasn't so bad' it could have made him rethink his worries about coming out. I always think Cath is the first person Nick tells, and Sara is the first person Greg tells.

And I love that scene from High and Low you're talking about, I watched it just last night and it's one of the only times Greg touches Nick rather than the other way around. He would not have been physical with Warrick like that :)

I'm with you, Candygirl, Greg talks about girls and sex as a distraction, he's basically a show off and he wants everyone to think he's a bit of a casanova, but yeah...whatever, Greg :rolleyes: we know. lol. And also, I think he would stay in touch with Sara after she left. Even if just by phone or email (potential plot bunny *ouch*)

MsCB - thank you! I haven't updated but in the meantime how about some fluff?

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=5358

Nat x

15. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Thank for the nummy fluff. So cute made me feel are cuddly. :)

Its true Nicky goes out of his way to touch others like he does with Greggo. can't keep his hands off him I swear. Like in Who Shot Sherlock? when Greggo gets promoted and Nicky can't keep his hands off him. Makes you wonder if they had their own personal celbration at home as well.

Greggo does always talk about girls, but we all know its all a cover up. Hes bi so totally. Unlike Nicky who is most def closeted. Maybe Greggo thought talking about all those girls would get Nicky jealous and force him to make his move. Also I agree that he most likey keeps in touch with Sara. Letting her know about his and Nicky's relationship and gossip in the lab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.