Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hestia, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Re: Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

greatfan! carolina! *tackles* Where were you guys? Man are we glad to have you both back... it's been lonely with just nati and me. CaRWash is coming back to life! *does happy dance*

I like the idea of basing Calleigh's personal choices on Emily's. That oughta give us a clue into Calleigh's personal life. I know that the show is supposed to focus on the cases, but it wouldn't hurt if they gave us a little insight on their personal life. *hint, hint* What about a certain young CSI with OCD?

I dunno... I can't imagine Ryan with another first name. Then he wouldn't be the Ryan Wolfe we all know and love. I'm sure that Calleigh would agree... when she says Ryan, she's talking about him of course.

2. captain_nati

captain_nati Prime Suspect

Good to see fellow CaRWashippers back *waves*
    I don't think that Ryan is Ryan's middle name I mean he is what 4 years around and we still don't know his first name? On the other hand with TBTP writers you can never be sure....

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Ryan had a really dorky middle name, & Calleigh found out & teased him about it?!?! Like Ryan Ernest Wolfe. Calleigh would start calling him Ernie just to pick on him :lol:
    I could totally see her doing that ;)

Here's a question/topic I'm not sure has ever been "chatted" about here, but in 'Deviant' when they went out for a beer after work, what kind of place do you think they went to & what do you think they did once they got there.

Me personally...
    I'd say a quiet casual bar with more adults, opposed to young Miami party-goers, uhmm they probably shared a pitcher of beer...then played darts. Calleigh beat him but Ryan swears she cheated :lol:

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

She would so do that... poor Ryan though. She's never gonna let him live it down. Or maybe she could find out that his name means "little king" and tease him about competing to be king of the lab. That oughta be a little better for him... little king is a better nickname than Ernie!

Someplace that's out of the way and casual, but with great food and good music. Not one of those places where the music is blasting and people are dirty dancing. That's obviously not their scene. I would like to see Calleigh beat him at pool though... think they'd bet on the game? If they do, what would the winner get or what whould the loser have to do?

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Hi karu,
    I'll try to be around more,some weeks I have a yucky work schedule.
    With just a few weeks left until the 7th season starts,maybe we'll have a few more people drop in.

6. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I hope so too... by the way, I can relate with the yucky work schedule... I just got my university schedule and it looks like I might not be posting here as often as I'd like. *sulks* I'll have to make the most of it though... I can't wait for season seven. *stares at her calender*

7. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Thanks for your input, mjszud, I was just thinking: "okay, we're losing our lines here:lol:" when you popped up. I love your idea of a dorky middle name but I guess it really depends on how his parents are, which TPTB have been so kind to NOT tell us.:shifty:

As for Deviant, I agree that they didn't go to a youthful bouncy club with loud music. I think they just went to a quiet bar, got a table in the back and talked about what was on their minds, firstly of course the case, but I think that they had one beer (just one, they wouldn't have more) and then talked about their pasts, maybe, hopes, dreams...who knows, maybe even fears. I'd like to think that.:)

As for middle names, I've seen Emily and Jonathan used as their middle names, as a wink to the actors of course, but there's a lot of names you could use. I've never given them middle names for as much I can remember, I think just because if they had them, it would've been mentioned in their bios or something. (not that those are perfect, right, Calleigh Duquesne who took her mother's name while her father's called Kenwall Duquesne:rolleyes:)

Btw guys, get onto ff.net! A friend of mine is complaining about not getting reviews. Get out and read!;)

ETA: new icon! (finally)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Dutchie! I love your icon... I thought I recognized it. It's from the infamous photo shoot, right? Talk about pushing away the plates to get some!

I vote for learning more about Ryan's past next season... who's with me? *hands raise unanimously* Calleigh and Ryan should definitely tell each other stories about their past experiences. It'd be good bonding for them. Maybe uncle Ron can pop in and tell some of Ryan's embarrasing childhood incidents...

9. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

You know, in the CSI:Miami books written by Donn Cortez, this actually happens? For example, Ryan has told Calleigh that his parents (YES, he has parents!:eek:) thought he had Asperger's because he once spent a full week moving like a robot and making 'bleep' noises. Turns out he had OCD (no, really?!:lol:). But I mean, isn't that a great thing to know? Another example, Calleigh has told Ryan she hates Christmas because it's a constant stuggle to keep her father away from the punch. Is this sheer brilliance or not? Donn Cortez, we love you. Please keep writing.

Thanks Karu, it ís from that infamous photo shoot, indeed. Pushing dinner plates? You mean like this:
    [​IMG]
    (made for me by Wyoming if I'm not mistaking, way back when these pictures first came out)
    Great minds, eh?

Oh btw: *raises hand*

Okay sooo *drumroll* Horatio didn't really get shot, it was all set up between him and Ryan aaand according to promo pics, Calleigh and Eric are NOT AMUSED. Better worded: they're pissed at Ryan for keeping them out of the loop. Now I don't mean to sound all pessimistic here, but I think this is going to happen next season: Calleigh hates Ryan. Calleigh marries Eric. The End.:scream:

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I will be checking out the CSI books, I actually have a few on the way from ebay.
    I hope your spoiler comment does not happen:eek::eek::eek:
    Do you really think that will happen?

11. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Seriously? Man, that's awesome... so his parents mistook his OCD for Asperger's? I think that's a great story for Ryan to share with Calleigh. No doubt that Calleigh would tease him about it and later ask jokingly if he was sure he wasn't a robot... *sighs* We need season three CaRWash back badly!

*freaks out* I hope not... but apparently TPTB are gonna address the Eric/Calleigh/Jake triangle next season. I'm scared of Ryan being put on the backburner again. I hope that TPTB also focuses on CaRWash's friendship too. Those two are in desparate need of quality time together!

12. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

I know for about 70% sure that the first part will happen. I've seen the promo pics. Calleigh doesn't look amused. Eric doesn't look amused. Ryan looks guilty. For the second part, no, I don't think they'll really get married this season (well, I certainly hope not!:angryrazz:), but besides being an optimist, I'm a realist, and I don't see anything huge CaRWash wise happening this season. TPTB are having way too much fun with their Eric/Calleigh thing. Just think, there's been like 6 interviews over the summer break talking about how Delko and Calleigh have always been close, etc etc, and they're just scared of their jobs and friendship, bla bla. Plus there's mention of Jake again, who hasn't been in the episodes for like...half a season? So apparently they might bring him back too. I don't see TPTB giving this up anytime soon. They've taken it too far to go back.

You know, I really wonder if the viewer ratings went down last season:p

Everyone should read the books, they're amazing. I've just read the latest one, Cut and Run, which sadly doesn't have anything really CaRWashy (but hey, nothing really HipHugger either, so in a way I still enjoyed it:angel:), they had like...two scenes together in the entire book, and it wasn't special. But then Riptide and the Harm for the Holidays books are amazing, CaRWash wise.:thumbsup: What I DID like for Cut and Run was the writer's explenation for Ryan's gambling. Donn Cortez = love.

Karu, I have to say lately he does look like a robot. One with a loose screw, that makes mistakes automatically.:shifty:

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The reaction from Calleigh and Eric is what I expected. I would have been shocked if they showed anything else.
    I wouldn't be surprised either if the viewer rating went down.There is no team feeling to the"team" anymore.

I've been reading some of your fanfic,nice work.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  14. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Why do I miss all the good CaRWash stuff? You guys have to tell me what happens in Riptide and Harm for the Holidays... oh, and the explanation for Ryan's gambling. I want to see what kind of excuse they came up with and maybe give my thoughts on it.

That's exactly what Ryan reminds me of now! Maybe one of us ought to fix the loose screw... we need to have the genius behind CaRWash know about this!

15. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

*grabs toolbox* Come here, Ryan. I've got a little surprise for you! *hides toolbox behind back* You will get a kiss from Calleigh when it's all over and done with?:devil:

Karu, I can't tell you what happened in the books here in the thread, because it's a spoiler for the ones that still want to read them, (and I could put them in a spoiler box but that would just fill the thread with spoiler boxes:lol:) but if you mail me I can send you the parts from Riptide (I typed them out on my computer) and tell you everything about the books that you want to know. I've got them all (all three CSIs) on my shelve in my room;)

Greatfan, just because I expected the reaction doesn't mean I like it:p Thanks for reading!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.