Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Hot, Hotter, Hottest.:p

These are just a few words that describe our "Super Couple". I hope Calleigh gets totally pissed off and lets all of her pent up emotion (from all of the last year's trauma) out. Eric won't mind. I suspect he'd appreciate it!:p

2. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

EC need their own thesaurus. I mean... hot, hawt, smexy, sexy, intense, steamy, cute, perfect, angst-y, heated, teasing, flirty...

There's more, but I think the PG-13-O-Meter has already been well and truly blasted for one day.

On that note, Caro, where are you?

3. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

We need a whole new rating system for EC. It should start at R and work it's way up (or down into the gutter).:p

4. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

I was gonna do that thing where you take the word and rhyme it with something to devalue it, like, 'Responsible Smonsible', but then I took the word 'gutter' and realised that replacing the 'g' with an 's' gives us something rather ironic.

Anyhoo, I've had enough EC exposure for tonight. I need my bed. Night all.

5. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

:lol: Very cute!!

Question for the group: Other than the obvious chemistry between Eric and Calleigh, what do you think is the most important thing that draws them together? :angel:

My opinion: I think that they have always loved each other. They were close friends, and they worked together in an atmosphere where they had to trust their lives to their partner. During that time I think that they moved from loving each other to being in love with each other. A very important distinction, I think.:adore:

6. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Their trust for one another. For sure. :)

7. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Ugh, so I tried to go to sleep, but all this talk of EC heat put a story into my brain. It got so annoying that I had to type it up, only I got half-way through and then got distracted by my cat who thought I'd appreciate a cuddle. Anyway, I'm sure it will crop up over at ff.net eventually.

In answer to your question, Audrey, I think it's that both of them have been through a lot, and they've stood by (and up) for each other. <--- That's just Kaz ramble for, trust. Tis a very important thing.

8. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Trust is important, but is it the most important thing?

I would say YES! If you have trust and then you add love to the equation it equals a great relationship. As long as you have those two then you can work on most of the other "stuff".

Again, just my opinion ;)

9. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I can't wait to read it... You're one of those people who can't sleep if something is on their mind, too? If I spend a day learning something like history and then I go to bed, I end up getting up every 5 min, just to check something up...

To be on topic: I think that the most important things in their relationship are trust and Eric's love. Of course, I'm sure Calleigh loves Eric with her whole heart, but Eric is the one who adores her. He's the one who's gonna make her show her feelings. Because, if it was up to her, they would just be friends for the rest of their lives, and they would be miserable.

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I just love it when I wake up in the morning to check out whats going on here and I find an abundance of posts about E/C hotness! Tis such a great way to start the day. :p

Re the end of Born to Kill... I can't bring myself to watch that scene, it's just so damned sad. I want to cry with Eric and slap Calleigh silly.

I think it would be so poetic if Eric & Calleigh finally got together after a huge fight. They would be in each other's faces, shouting, and then just COMBUST. One second they're yelling at each other, the next they're kissing madly and Eric shoves her against a wall. Yeah... that's the ticket. :drool: And I agree that Jodie should write the post ep! Better yet, several of us can... I'm sure a scene like that would spur several of us to write a post ep. I nominate, along with Jodie, Jessica! And Lucy!

I think you've hit the nail on the head there... they've grown from loving each other to actually falling in love, with their absolute trust in each other being the basis for that love. The relationships that really work are those that are built on trust, and Calleigh has said more than once just how much she trusts Eric. With her life and with every fiber of her being. Now if that's not being in love with someone, I don't know what is.

Kaz...I cannot WAIT to read the story you began last night. Especially if it contains E/C heat!

11. Marionette

Marionette Dead on Arrival

I was also wide awake last night, but for a totally different reason. After 70 years, Tinsley Towers had been demolished. An iconic piece of sheffield has been lost to the money hungry e-on. At 3am, I watched with baited breath as two loud explosions sounded, before the towers collapsed. Well, most of the towers. As it seems, e-on may be good at being green, but they ain't so good as blowing stuff up. A 15m chunk was still standing well into this morning before the jagged piece finally collapsed of it's own accord. R.I.P Tinsley Towers - we shall miss you.

Very true. You can see the adoration in his eyes. It just sort of appeared after he got shot. 'When your life is hanging in the balance, it can change your perception of things.' Normally, when something like this is said, it usually pertains to see things of the paranormal - with Eric, it was looking at Calleigh differently; no longer seeing his best friend of 5 years, but the potential love of his life.

It's like what Scully said on one of the X-Files episodes, 'It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are often the ones rooted in friendship. One day you look at that person and you see more than you did the night before, like a switch has been flicked somewhere, and the person who was just a friend is now the only person you could ever imagine yourself with.'

x

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  12. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

I am, yeah. But, it's always about silly things that make no sense to anyone but me. Last week, at around 2am, I blogged about how amazing the indefinite article 'an' is. Seriously. :confused: Sometimes I get writing ideas, but if I don't type them up there and then I forget them.

Yup, yup, and yup. (My idea from last night plays on this a *tiny* bit, but it's a different scenario. ;))

I love that so many EC fans are X-Files fans. *Sigh* We have such great taste! :cool:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  13. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I know. Have you watched the movie? I can't find anyone to watch it with me...

Don't get me started on 'an' and 'the'. Do you know how hard it is to learn the difference when you don't have anything similar in your native language? I mean, it's easy for some obvious things like when you're mentioning something for the first time and then you mention it again and stuff like that... But for some things we have to learn rules by heart.

Is there gonna be underwear involved? I remember you said you had an idea for a story that involved underwear shopping.

Back on topic...

I can totally relate that to EC! It's unbelievable how we, hiphuggers, read each other minds...

14. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Does anyone consider it strange that I've never even watched X-Files?:alienblush:

I hope when E/C finally make the leap from just being friends to being in a full-blown relationship they will give us the explosive fight that we've all talked about. Yes, Jodie should write the post-ep for that one!:)

15. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Marija,

Underwear: Can't decide what to do with that idea. I think I might slot it into FOD. I have way too many ideas at the moment, and can't pen anything down 'cause I'm so aware I haven't updated for forever. Ugh.
    An: I guarantee I'll confuse you even more. God knows what was wrong with me that evening. Phonetics, evolution *brain explodes* I was concerned for my sanity, I really was.
    X-Files Film: No, not yet. I actually don't know if it's come out over here.

Lol, she's gonna hit me or something when she sees that. Actually, she probably already has and is hiding...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.