Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Perhaps TPTB will upgrade the continuity to 20 days for healing of any broken bones and at least two months for exposed abdomens. :p

A starting point/catalyst, yes. :) I'll still LOL if the ex is written to attempt threatening Danny though. I can see Rikki slapping him on the head as he's being handcuffed and her saying, "And you wonder why we're not together anymore?!"

Yeah, don't see a trial lasting four episodes either ... and that's if Rikki's episodes are back-to-back. If not, then even if there's a trial, it'll be one episode at most.

So, do you guys think we'll be seeing more woobie crying!Danny or action!Danny with his shirt gone in season five? :lol: :devil:

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I might have to say both. :D Danny usually cries at least once a season, doesn't he? Sometimes more than that even. So I think it's safe to say Danny's going to get weepy in season five.

Do you mean action like the action in "Right Next Door" or the action in "Snow Day"? :devil: I'd say Danny with Rikki coming back, there's a good chance Danny could be topless again. :devil: ;) As for the other kind of action, I'm sure Danny and Flack will chase some suspects together. Don't they always? :devil:

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:guffaw: Oh, Danny. Verily, you are officially the CSI:NY Weepy Damsel in Distress™. ;)

How true, how true. :devil: Hey, John Dove kept his promise of Danny being shirtless in season four! :D Perhaps we will finally have our Danny shower scene in the upcoming season, yesyes? :devil: :devil: :devil: We've been waiting very patiently for the last four years! :lol:

4. Top41

He is, poor guy. :lol: But I love that about him! He's so emotionally affected by everything around him, and is always reacting from that emotion rather than thinking things through first. It makes him so interesting, I think.

What do you guys think Danny's biggest misstep has been over the last four seasons?

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Not running off into the night screaming after he slept with Lindsay. :guffaw:

But seriously . . . it's a toss up between the Minhaus incident and the Ruben incident. He wasn't directly responsible for either person's death, but his actions prior to both deaths was irresponsible and made him partly responsible for what happened. Those are two ginormous missteps that can't ever be made up for.

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

Naw, he went running off into the morning. ;) Nothing like using the job as an excuse to flee like a bat outta hell!

But heh, seriously, I'll go for the Minhaus incident. Even though his bullet wasn't the one that killed the undercover cop, he was so darn trigger happy in the subway that Mac himself told him to lay low and keep away from IAB until the investigations were complete. In the Ruben incident, what happened was completely out of the blue. There was no way Danny could have possibly known a robbery was taking place around the corner or that Ruben would end up in direct cross fire and pass away from his injuries. If Ollie Barnes hadn't robbed the bodega in the first place, the worst that would have happened was that Ruben disobeyed Danny by riding off on his own and Danny would catch up to him and tell him to stick to him and not do that again.

7. Top41

I'd go with sleeping with her in the first place, even. :lol:

Agreed. Those are definitely the two things that stand out the most to me as well.

Danny: Being taken hostage or having to smell Lindsay's morning breath...sketchy warehouse, here I come!

:lol:

Very interesting--I would choose the opposite, actually. I get why Danny fired wildly in the subway station; being shot at has to be a frightening thing, and he went with his gut (which, as we know, is often wrong). For me, sending a little boy he was responsible for home alone was a far greater mistake. No, there's no way he could have prevented Ruben from being shot--that truly was an accident out of his control--but had he stayed with the boy, he quickly would have realized Ruben was injured and would have been able to get him the medical attention he needed.

Really interesting responses guys--just based on them, I think this topic definitely warrants its own thread, especially since not everyone visits the Danny thread. I think I'll go start that now.... :D

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

The funniest thing is that it's canon. :guffaw: Well, him running off into the morning like a bat outta hell like he'd rather work an early shift than spend more time with Lindsay than he had to. No, wait, actually the funniest thing was him running off after Lindsay got super-clingy on him and told him she thought he'd left. :guffaw: What amazes me is people not seeing that as one hell of a alarm going off.

Ah, that part of the scene ... oh yeah, that was a major error on Danny's part. :eek: I kept thinking about Danny being with Ruben in the beginning of the scene of them walking/riding home. At that time, there was no way he knew a robbery was happening so I can definitely excuse him for letting Ruben ride for a bit on his own, while still in sight. I remember him calling out for Ruben the minute Ruben was turning around the corner.

Hmmm, did Danny make his decision based on the assumption there could be more robbers around and wanted Ruben away from the scene ASAP? If so, then his big mistake would be in not checking up on Ruben after the situation was resolved, right? That bit has always come across to me as iffy writing. I mean, is it even logical that Danny could forget Ruben so easily after viewers were shown that he'd wake up at 6AM in the morning just to attend a bike christening with Ruben :confused:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Well, the poor guy hadn't got any for 3 seasons so I don't begrudge him wanting to get a little something something from the chick who was obviously interested in getting into his pants. It's when he stayed after the first words out of her mouth the morning after were, "I dreamt you left. I woke up and you were gone" or whatever it was that should have sent the alarm sirens going off in his pretty little head.

Actually if he had truly kept Ruben with him chances were good he would have never been shot. Ruben sped ahead on his bike wile Danny answered the phone. If Danny had let the call go and told Ruben not to get ahead of him Ruben wouldn't have been in the line of fire. Danny was quite a bit behind Ruben when the shot rang out. But even if there was no way he could have saved Ruben he still should have been more cautious with the boy while he was in charge of his care and the fact that he wasn't could have been a contributing factor to his death. That's a huge error in judgement.

10. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

^ The Ruben thing I believe it was somehow out of his hands, but somehow he could have still prevented it. My view is this: when he heard the gunshot he yelled at Ruben to go home, wrong choice and lead to Ruben's death. If he had told Ruben to stick with him, at the place of a shooting, something could have gone wrong too. And there is a third option, where he should have told Ruben to go back round the corner and stay there until the waters cooled down. Frankly, it was a split-second decision, something that you don't have time to think about, and decisions like this usually have ugly consequences. Danny is somewhat to blame for what happened to the kid, but a big part of what happened was not in his control.

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Darn, where's the link to the Is Danny Responsible for Ruben's Death thread when ya need it? :lol: It had fantastic discussion on the issue.

This being the Locker Room thread, I think it can use a few pictures now and then. ;)

[​IMG]

This is courtesy of a friend on LJ. Not sure how recent it is, but it may possibly be from the boys' recent trip to Rome. Is not cute that AJ is holding Carmine's arm? :lol:

12. Top41

^I posted just before you put that pic up, but damn, that's cute. The arm thing so makes it look like a date. :lol:

The problem with Danny is that his pretty little head is more often than not muddled. :lol:

Agreed, completely. Danny should have been more careful; if not a gun, the kid could have been hit by a car or something. Danny shouldn't have let Ruben out of his sight.

I still think the biggest mistake was just sending Ruben home in the first place. His responsibility was to Ruben, period. I realize he's a cop and the crime scene merited his attention, too, but come on--there are cops all over NYC. If he'd called for help, someone would have been there quickly. Hell, if he called for Flack, I bet Flack would have been there in under five minutes. ;) :D

13. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

Awww, would you look at that, Carmine's cheatin on Eddie :guffaw::guffaw:

Out on a date with Aj, what would Eddie think of his kinkapoo, runnin around town with another man!!!!!!!!! :wtf: :eek: :wtf:

Nice to see some more man jewellery our boy, and oh my god, more facial hair than normal :eek::eek::eek: such a hairy, manly beast .................

mmmmm, that gives me a thought ........... :shifty: :shifty:

14. bettine

bettine Dead on Arrival

From Loveline:
    [​IMG]

Carmine and AJ at the Maxim extreme sports something or other:
    [​IMG]

15. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

First Aj's clinging to Carmine ........

:eek: :wtf: :eek: :wtf: :eek:

OH ...... MY ....... GOD ........