The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. althea

althea Lab Technician

Thanks for clearing the school thing up for me guys.;)
    Over here the school year starts in January and ends in December and its split up into four terms with mini breaks between them. Different provinces start at different times as well but its just a few days apart.

rahkira if I could go back to being a teenager I would definetly want to take my experience with me too.:thumbsup: If I knew half of the stuff I know now I would have been a kid with a lot less baggage and emotional hang ups.

2. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

See that seems like a much more sensible arrangement to me. They start back here the first Tuesday or Wednesday of September.

I'm just waiting for the roads to clog up with the Chelsea Tractors again :rolleyes:

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Pulls the slivers out of my head as I scratch it. Chelsea Tractors :confused: Our roads clog up with parents driving their children to school, even if it is a 5-10 minute walk away :scream: We do get schools buses but not a lot of them.

I think going back and being a teenager with the knowledge we have as an adult would be very interesting. althea as you said there would be a lot less emotional problems. Just imagine knowing that certain things will change in time :)

4. Lvodkadiet

Lvodkadiet Rookie

Hi everyone, Im Lisa and was 40 last November, although the pain was eased slightly by a few days in New York as a present!

Jacquie Chelsea Tractors are what we call the rich mums that drive their big 4x4 land rovers etc 200 metres down the road to drop their kids off and park on the zebra crossings etc because they think they can do anything they like. Plus most of them cant drive to save their lives! (I say most of them because there are a few exceptions) *dont want to upset anyone on here!!

My daughter is at senior school now, that was quite an emotional time for us both, it was hard watching her struggle to adapt to a large school and I just had to be there for her and help her as much as I could but she really had to stand on her own two feet. My son is in year 6 this year and I am hoping he settles down as he has had a few problems. School starts in the first week of September for us and the next break will be end of October. Our summer holidays have been ok, but the weather in England has been rubbish.

Anyway, as far as age is concerned I dont feel 40 at all, (although I have started to look it now - the laughter lines are showing more!!).:lol:

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Kudos KAT!! I'm so glad you brought back the old folks club:p

I feel for you, hon. When my oldest daughter (now 9) started KG, I was a mess the entire day - I didn't know what to do with myself, except cry. I even shamelessly drove by the school during recess so I could see her playing ...I'm so pathetic.:rolleyes:

Of course now, 4 years & 2 more daughters later, I'm pushing them out the door come first day of school. I still have my 3 year old at home though & that helps.:)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Hmm a club for the young at heart... where you have the right to say "I am hold enough to know better, but still too young to care". *Raises hand* Hi I am Destiny (Susan) and I am 34 will be 35 (in Sept) and there are some days I feel my age and some day I feel wayyyy over my age. :lol:

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Lucky you. My 40th birthday consisted of 3 new shirts, a new watch, and my niece and nephew gone for the weekend. :rolleyes:

Chelsea Tractors! Oh, you mean the rich folk who drive their kids to school a half an hour early so they can have the free breakfast that's meant for those who can't afford to feed their kids on a regular basis. ;) They usually clog up the entrance to the school so the busses can't get in around here. It's really fun when they get in the middle of the offloading busses and can't get back out. :lol:

Susan

Hey Destiny, it's nice to see you someplace other than threatening us in The Ward or the spoiler thread. :shifty:

8. Danny Caine

Danny Caine Misha's Minion Premium Member

Well, I'm 30yrs old so I guess I'll join the club as they say lol although I don't have kids of my own I just have 2 nephews, Seth 7yrs old (I think?) & Devin 5yrs old.
    Seth has ADHD & Epilepsy he doesn't talk like normal boys and whenever he sleeps on the couch or in his bed no one could make any sudden moves or loud sounds cuzz that could cause him to go into a seizure.

9. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Um... I wish I could :guffaw: at this, but I still don't understand - why Chelsea Tractors?

I live 3 blocks from an extremely expensive K-12 college prepatory school. (They sent us a letter b/c my Alex starts Kindergarten this year and offered their services - a mere $7000 for half-day. I laughed at them.) Anyway, the school is on a busy-ish road so they hire a police officer to direct the SUVs into the private parking lot. And they are ALL SUVs. With make-uped and manicured moms yapping on their cell phones. Like what do you have to do all day that you need to get all gussied up like that? Do they not allow you into the salon if you don't have at least three kinds of makeup on? And really, is it beneath you to own a sedan - what are you doing with that big truck? Going hunting after your pedicure? Please.

Okay, sorry for the rant :D

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I was told that I'm old enough, yet not too old, to come and play here. :lol: I'm 44. No kids, so I can't talk about back to school except that I live behind a high school and the traffic is crazy in the morning. Also I live in a college town, soooo... :rolleyes: It becomes very crowded in August.

But I can talk about 4 legged furry kitty kids! :D

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:guffaw::guffaw: That is too funny.
    Ok, I have a big truck too, but it's a 4 door Dodge Ram, & if I'm taking my kids to school, I'm dressed in sweat shorts, t-shirt & slippers - hair in ponytail - coffee mug in hand (oh yeah- Im a pretty sight)

Ok then.
    I have 2 labs, one blonde, one chocolate; & one blondish-red furry cat - she's actually a very cool cat, she's so mellow. When my hubby & I are in bed watching TV at night, she'll come in & wedge herself between us then rub her head across my face & lay on my chest. She does this on a nightly basis whether he's there or not - she's like another one of my babies.:D

12. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

:D

Chelsea is (was?) quite a wealthy part of London (which is why I never lived there when I was in the south lol) and 4 x 4 were de rigeur for the Chelsea set although they were never used for their proper purpose which is rough terrain and off roading. Much like a tractor I suppose :D.
    It's crossed over to any well-off area now where vehicles like that are used mainly for the school run and ladies that lunch.

Lvod is spot on when she says they feel they own the place and park everywhere. Each vehicle tends to carry one very bored child and one mother who looks like she's counting the seconds til she can get her hands on the next bottle of Chardonnay.

13. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Oh you mean much like the area where our store is. The mom's drop the kids off at school and then go to their local club. Then the nannies do everything else. We get the mom's dropping the kids and nannies off in the neighbourhood so nannies can go to the local donut shop and socialize with the other nannies.

At home I jsut call the parents that do this lazy. They can't be bothered to get their kids up on time so they drive them to school. It will be interesting to see what happens when school starts. The town has just installed a 'traffic calming' system and has also put no stopping and no parking signs in front of the school. Parents are not allowed on school property to drop their kids off or to pick them up.

14. xialemar

xialemar Victim

Hello everyone! May I join the club too?
    I am 30 and I have no kids to share here (hopefully in the future). I feel old to say, I'm still single ;). And i still go to school, trying to juggle up between class and work at the same and browsing about CSI in between. (really, it's a distraction. but somehow i goes here to take a break and whenever i want to release those work stress. :cool:)

Oooppss... Btw, but i have niece and nephew who come here in the city during school vacation.

15. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

A 30 and over club, huh? Is it too early to join? Am I jumping the gun? As I told my older sister while having dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant today, 'Oh man, it's my last week as a twentysomething gal!' and she just laughed heartily!

Hi! I'm Mandy and I'm turning 30 Friday, next week. (I feel like I'm in AA or something! :lol:) Although I often get mistaken as someone in her late teens or early 20s, which doesn't really help in my profession (I practice law). I don't have children but I've got lots of nieces and nephews. I'm their eternal babysitter and playmate. :lol:

That's just too funny about pushing your younger daughters out the door. I'm the youngest and on my first day of grade school, it was my older sister who accompanied me to class (we went to the same all-girls school). I never experienced separation anxiety on that day since I was excited to start school with my big sister.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008