Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Exactly! But this is everything that the EC relationship is about - understated little moments that are just *so* adorable. Obviously I'd like to see some steamyness from time to time, though.

I'm the same, haha. If they aren't in at least one scene together I find myself thinking, "Well, that was a whole waste of an hour..." EC is too hot not to have at least a little screen time per episode.

2. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Yep, I'm the same way. I do need my Eric and Calleigh fix each week... :rolleyes:

3. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Yup, exactly. I really do think it's a waste of my time if they aren't in a scene together. I own all the seasons on dvd.. and I think the only episodes that I watch are the ones with like real signifcant EC moments. Like 'Death Grip'.. 'Burned'.. 'Wet Foot/ Dry Foot'.. to name a few. It's really quite pathetic but I can't help it. :p

4. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

It's not pathetic at all. I've done the exact same thing I don't know how many times. I like to think that we hiphuggers aren't pathetic, we're dedicated!;)

Besides the scenes with Eric and Calleigh are generally the best ones in each episode.:guffaw: Of course I guess I could be considered biased where Eric and Calleigh are concerned.:shifty:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  5. JoannaRose897

Yes, dedicated.. that's a good word to describe it.:)

The scenes with Eric and Calleigh are the best ones in each episode.
    They just look so good on screen together, I mean.. who wouldn't want to watch them?

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Perfectly put! Like you said, around season 4 the show shifted from being a forensic show to a total drama and a large part of why I still watch the show is E/C. While sometimes I get upset that they are not together in scenes in every ep, when they ARE in scenes the writers make them count. I think I would be more upset if they were to interact and nothing but conversation and case work were shown.

I honestly am happy with how things are being handled with E/C. We are getting progress with their budding relationship, consistency, and accuracy in the sense that what we are seeing is really how a 'real' relationship in real life, with such deep emotions between two best friends, would develop. So while I would love to see them jump each others bones in every ep when they get together, I would and am just as happy to see what we are getting but with obvious more innotations/innuendos considering what point or status their relationship is when an ep airs.

I never thought the writers would get this far or do it so gracefully and well written as they have....so while maybe a year and a half ago we were all ready to throw things at the tv, it is now plain to see that 1) it is working out for the better with this formula; 2) we are all happy and 3) the writers are taking this seriously and know that the viewers want it and now they want it to happen as well.

That has been what was holding back E/C; the writers desire to mature it. Throwing in innuendos and flirty scenes was good for a while but once they realized that a majority of viewers as well as Adam and Emily truly wanted this...the ball was in their court to give it the green light; which they FINALLY have. So considering the writers are 'all in' with this ship, it is only a matter of time before something really really good happens. :D

7. OnTheEdge0000

OnTheEdge0000 Victim

*Hangs Head in Shame*

Very Sorry, i wont do it again:(:(

8. JoannaRose897

You're so right.

I think we really need to credit the writers on this whole EC thing. We complain that they're not getting together fast enough but at least there has been continuity with this storyline.

Continuity has been the problem so many times with other storylines in CSI: Miami but the writers have really kept EC going for a good season and a half now and it's great that they haven't given up on it yet. The whole 'Will they or Won't they?' is probably really starting to ware on some fans but at least it's fun to watch. There's a good chance that having this potential romance between Eric and Calleigh has definitely brought ratings up a bit..which, is probably why they have kept going with that storyline.

9. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Just to say this, in exactly a month, the first ep of the seventh season will be aired... Can't wait!

We shouldn't forget that the spoilers say that Calleigh doesn't recognize Jake. I'm really eager to find out how the writers are going to treat this. They can't just carry on right where they stopped. I mean, the guy wasn't around for a few months, you would think his girlfriend would have noticed.

I would really like a resolution. I alway imagine finding out what exactly happened between Jake and Cal through her conversation with Eric. That way we would have some kind of resolution and an EC moment. If they try to do this, they will have to be careful not to make it look to rushed. And, as far as I know, Jake hasn't been mentioned as a guest star in any of the later episodes, so I don't know how they plan on deepening the triangle... I just hope that once Calleigh and Eric get together (and they have to, or I'll die) the writers are not gonna continue triangle thing. To be honest, I love jealous Eric (to me it's kind of sexy), even if it's braking my heart to see him like that, but I wouldn't like it if Calleigh gave him a reason to be jealous during their relationship. As a potential moment, once they are together, I can imagine Eric saying something like: "I had a great time last night... and this morning." It could be something he says while they are working on some evidence, so EC storyline wouldn't be the center of the episode, but it would be there. Moments like that would be fun to watch. Maybe once or twice in a season, we could see a bit more, like a morning together (but only if it's connected to the case, like someone being killed in Calleigh's building) or them leaving together after a shift.

P.S. Good thing this thread isn't periodically dying anymore :thumbsup::bolian:

10. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

There's the title for the next thread, right there. Eric & Calleigh #31: Not pathetic, dedicated.

11. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

I agree. Whilst the flirty scenes and innuendos were/are fun, I'm glad that things are starting to move forwards. Considering the writers strike, I think they did a great job of setting up EC for this season.

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

You are so right, the spoilers did say she hardly recognized him, and I think at the end of the episode there was some sort of finality to their relationship. And with hJake not being listed, as far as we know, in any guest actor list on the other episodes...

I too hope that we see little E/C moments in each show, without the entire episode being centered on their romance, or any drama over it. I love the idea you had for a moment...the 'had a great time last night... and this morning'...I would LOVE to see that. I could see the grin on Eric's face, the smile on Calleigh's. :p That would be great.

13. Illest Illesha

Illest Illesha Victim

Thanks CSI Kat!
    That helps alot.

14. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Looks like I jinxed it :brickwall:

15. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Lol, I think it's just got to the point where we need the new season to start and to see an EC moment. I mean, we must have spoken about jealous Eric/Calleigh, morning in bed scenes, and what-not about ten times already.

We need something new. I just hope the EC moments in the first episode are decent ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.