Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Just watched the promo, after having uber difficulties with YouTube. I gotta say, not all that impressed. The bit at the end with Grissom telling Warrick to hold on was quite powerful, and I loved the bit with Brass saying 'Warrick Brown is our only case', but (sorry if I offend anyone) but I hated the scenes with Grissom and Sara, especially that clip of them in bed. I wanted to puke, as did my mom. And I was so not satisfied by the measly little clip of Catherine they showed. Cut out the GSR crap (sorry) and show more of Catherine's reaction. She looked completely devastated.

Just giving my two cents as well.

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

2. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I second that!!! OMG!!! GREG!!! (I actualy said omg out loud lol) Wow I'm happy to see Greg in the clip lol.

No you havent given anyone false hopes my friend, your not TPTB- if you was lol- u'd had many many things different.

Defending Grissom here- he does have autistic traits- or at least on the spectrum. Just cause he finds it hard to show emotions, dont mean that he dont have them. Grissom's family is his co-workers. Of course its all gonna be too upsetting- and what probably pushs him over the edge.

Good promo!! And aww Nick, poor man!!!

Edit~ Of course TPTB (the powers that be), are not that silly to give everything away. Hmm, have to wait ages till it starts in England. Why can't I be American?

3. thebarracuda

thebarracuda Victim

I suspect that they took all the little GSR moments and just spammed them into the promo. I doubt you will see much more than what they actually showed in the promo in the actual show. And they are building up to Grissom having a psychological crisis regarding who he is and what he does. So it begins here. I also think that the actual premiere episode will feature everybody and will be very Warrick's dead focused. I love that Ecklie is back. I have missed that jackass.

4. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Okay, I've seen the promo and I must confess that I'm officially peeved. Grissom finds Warrick?!?!?!? WTF!?!?! This had better just be a case of the way the promo was edited. As far as I'm concerned it should be Nick. He was the only one left in the diner and he's Warrick's best friend.

Yeah, Warrick was Grissom's "rock" and his "favorite CSI" through the early years of the show. Yeah, this is BP's final season and tptb are probably making sure that he has some juicy scenes for his Emmy reel....but I'm still not happy about this. *stomps off to sulk in a corner*

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I was not going to post in here, but I am home sick and trying to entertain myself from the bed. So, I thought I'd give my take on the promo:

Firstly, I'll admit to squeeing over the four seconds of GSR in the 30 second promo. Yes, I timed it.

Secondly, I loved how it was all about how everyone was affected by Warrick. It's all about Warrick. Grissom is in a strange place in his life, now. He's been through a lot and he's getting to that point where he does not know if this is going to be the rest of his life. Can you tell I've been listening to the interview with William Petersen? Anyway, I can believe him finally breaking.

Yes, we've seen little of it in previous years, but in the beginning, Warrick was very special to Grissom. Warrick was that one he really cared about and watched overcome a lot. Grissom took Warrick on a rollercoaster for goodness sake! So, I can see that him seeing Warrick there, bleeding to death, it would take him aback. With Nick when he was buried underground, he was still breathing. He was still alive, just freaked out, dehydrated and oxygen deprived. With Sara, they found her unconscious, but breathing, and not cut up. Warrick was shot. He's bleeding, his lifeblood pouring out onto the concrete. It's tangible and not just surface.

It's just a little harder hitting to see the red splash against the skin. After all they just overcame.... and I'm guessing Warrick doesn't make it. Do I know that for sure? No, but they haven't lost a CSI since Holly Gribbs, and they barely knew her.

So, Sara comes back. She catches the first flight out. It's for all her friends, not just Gil. She wants to be with them all. She first came to Las Vegas because of Warrick, and here she is returning because of him. She would not have come back out if it were not for the death of Warrick. Nick says they need to finish this for him. It's all about Warrick to me.

Yes, there are clips from other seasons. Yes, there is a minute bit of GSR, but if she had not been there to hug them, to be there for them, I would wonder what was wrong with her. Instead, I still love her as I have since I stopped hating her in season 1. :) Ok, I didn't hate her, but when I first met her character, I missed Holly...

I am curious about Warrick and how it's all going to end, and how hard they are all going to push to find justice for their friend. Their last moments with him were celebration, and for Sara, I think her last moments with him was him encouraging her. It's going to be a beautiful season opener. I was really not looking forward to season 9, but what the promo showed me was that it WAS all about Warrick. All the character motivations are stemming from their relationships with this one man. He is affecting all of them. The shooting is touching all of them and bringing them together again, like a family.

So, here's to season 9. I loved the promo.

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree, promos are done is such a way that you don't really know what you are seeing is the way it is. Make sense? As far as the GSR scenes, remember Sara will be in at least three episodes and some of those scenes could be from another ep, we already know the woman jumping was from episode two. And the promo does say it concerns the new season.

7. Gravity

Gravity Witness

You anti-gsr people make me laugh with your comments :guffaw: - and I mean that in a positive way ;)

About the promo: it's a couple of seconds so only a few things can be shown. I do find it logical that we see JF and WP in the promo and I do find it logical that they did not show us more Nick, Catherine and Warrick because that would show us how they react / their feelings and then we would know the outcome of what happened to Warrick so the promo makes sense to me. And about Grissom finding Warrick - we just have to be patient to see why and how ;)

And btw, good to see Jorja back, the woman looks damn fine :D But that counts for the majority of the cast - so good to see them back :D

8. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Now that I finally calmed down I must admit I overeacted (just a tiny little bit though ;))
    Anyway, I agree, it's a season promo and it might be the editing and Grissom isn't the one to find Warrick. I guess we have to wait and see.
    As for Sara looking good (or having gained weight). She looks really nice and I'm so not a GSR fan.

As for the possibility of Wedges, I don't even want to think about it! :scream::(

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You know what? I'm not going to apolgizie for my reaction.

Why? Because I'm suffering from somethign called PTGSR Syndrome-Post Traumatic GSR Syndrome brought on by visiting bulletin boards where GSR fanatics FREAKED if someone ever criticized the relationship.

And now seeing them in bed in the nude after someone gets shot-another character whom we loved and never really knew because all character storylines took a back seat to GSR.

Then there was a frenzy with the GSRers because Sara didn't get the promotion; Sara wasn't the one buried alive; and when Jorja left instead of putting their money to better use, they go and buy a banner to lobby her return and send piles of money to TPTB-thank God Jorja had the good sense to donate the money. Seriously, I don't think any of us who are fans of the other characters who lobby that hard for the other guys-because we have other things to do.

So, no, I won't apologize for expressing my dislike for the promo and my reaction.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

[​IMG] good points and after thinking this over and re-watching it, my conclusion is, the rest of the team, are all single with the exception of Doc, and they will comfort each other, where as, Gil & Sara are engaged and consoling one another over their fallen comrade, what are they supposed to do, go lock themselves in a closet & cry alone, they're grief stricken and their for each other to help them "For Warrick" and once again a 10 second video does not tell the whole story of an hour show, even Ecklie and Hodges and the rest of the lab-rats will all be distraught over Warrick, it is about him and how the team deals with this horrible happening!:( each one in their own way!

11. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

I just saw the promo about 30 minutes ago for the first time and I've been saying WTF every 30 seconds since. But now that I've had time to comprehend a little of what I saw, I have to agree with whoever pointed out not over reacting to the video. It is suppose to represent the first part of the new season, not the first episode. I do agree the GSR kinda over shadowed everything else in the promo. Honestly I can't say I care whether or not it's Nick or Grissom that find Warrick as long as one of his teammates and not a call they get out to the crime scene. I do know after seeing this video I can not wait to see the new season, although I am not looking forward to the return of Sara and Grissom's departure.

12. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I have to agree with you. They are both close, yes, they're a couple, and yes, why shouldn't they comfort each other. Still, it's GSR ... :rolleyes:

Anyway, as I said before, it's a season spoiler and you're probably right, For Warrick will be about Warrick. That's how it's supposed to be anyway! :thumbsup:

13. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Agreed. No matter how much anyone hates GSR, they have to recognize the fact that they're engaged, and they're dealing with grief in their own way. The episode is still going to be about Warrick. Who really cares who finds him, as long as it's a teammate, someone who cares about him. If it makes any anti-GSR people feel better, Grissom's leaving in ten episodes *sniffle* and Sara's not supposed to be allowed back in the lab (supposed to be... I assume she's visiting to see Grissom in the promo and after that won't be allowed in).

Personally, it's a lot of changes. I've loved Grissom since the first CSi episode I saw, and will really miss him, GSR or no GSR. And the fact that Warrick's gone is just as bad. I'm all for new characters, but I'm still going to miss everyone from the original cast. They worked really well together.

*leans on Nick and Catherine*

14. jupiter63

jupiter63 Civilian

The promo was a serious letdown for me but as long as there is equal time spent in the actual episode on Nick and Catherine's grief as there is on Grissom's I'll get over it. I love Grissom and I'm not going to be negative about a Grissom focus for his goodbye arc but my Warrick memories are mainly of him being close to Nick and Catherine not Grissom. While I get that Warrick's death is obviously going to hit Grissom hard and he was Grissom's chosen one early on, it won't feel like a Warrick episode to me if most of the emotional points are focused on Grissom grieving for him.

Question: That second long shot of Catherine crying- was she in the alley? If Grissom is still there too, maybe the whole team has magically not left yet and finds him. Though that does mean this will be three men she's cared about that she's found shot and bleeding to death in the last two seasons who die so maybe she goes to the scene later if they're working the case?

15. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I had a crazy thought about the Grissom/Warrick scenes in the promo....what if Grissom's having some sort of nightmare?

And about the clip of the team including Sara with Ecklie talking about the case...does the lab have a basement? Cause I'd want to talk about the case where no one could see and then tattle to He-Who-Must-Be-Named (Under Sherriff)

Just a few random things going through my head. I'm probably wrong of course

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.