Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, here's my take on the promo. First I agree with all the GSR comments that this shouldn't be the focus.

As for Grissom finding Warrick, I'm not totally convinced he his the one finding him. Think about it. With clever editing they can make it look like Grissom is the one who finds him, but we see a camera running toward the car, this could be Nick. Grissom running down the alleyway could be after Nick called him. See I'm thinking positive, because with Grissom being the first one to leave, he wouldn't still be there unless it takes him awhile to start his vehicle, put it in drive, and drive away. If it is Grissom who finds him, then it's amazing that with Greg and Catherine leaving after him, those two didn't see McKeen shoot Warrick. Maybe tptb think we're all just stupid and wouldn't catch that.

And the "that must've been a great ear surgeon" or something like that :guffaw:

Now Grissom seemingly being there before the paramedics? Let me throw out this scenerio: maybe, somehow, McKeen delays the call out to the medics. You know, to assure that Warrick doesn't make it. Now I said "somehow", now that wouldn't be realistic, but this is a TV show. Anyways, just a thought.

I also agree with Smokey, tptb do put things in the promos that don't always show up in the actual episode.

*takes deep breath* *starts hoping that tptb don't let us down* :rolleyes:

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

rahkira made an interesting point and I have to say I kind of agree...because I sure am affected. lol. As I said in the "replacement" thread, now I already can't wait to welcome Laurence Fishburne to join the show. :D

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

NAH, good theory though, he's still executive producer and will be making "guest appearances" he's mega popular, and he's stated so many times that this would always be! it's also been his choice, and he's a smart, shrewd businessman, and knows that most fans will be thrilled, continuity, being the key, and David Rambo also said that "he gets more positive letters about GSR than negative ones" so that's just how it has been, and will be, and when he comes back after the 10 episodes, for the 'guest' appearances his fanatical fans will embrace him and her!........... Now, I still want to know why Grissom is holding Warrick, mabye Nick ran amok, and is somewhere nearby, he's so sensitive, and his buddy and co-worker just being shot, and Grissom more aloof and can handle this better:(

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  4. Micha

Micha Rookie

That was a part of episode 9.02.

5. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I flipped through three pages of promo-related comments, and happily realized that nobody had posted this theory before :lol: until I came to this page
    Now I can only say: I totally agree.

Promos are often misleading.
    Maybe TPTB wanted to include that much Grissom because of all the buzz around BP leaving.
    TPTB accomplished their milestone for September: generate more buzz. Probably less people will not watch the episode due to their disappointment about the promo than people will tune in because there's drama and tension in the plot (does that make sense?)

I sincerely hope that the episode itself will show more reactions of everyone on the team, and later teamwork to solve the case
    And I wanted to add: Even though I'm a GSR fan, I'm on team "this episode is called For Warrick for a reason"

6. taurus511

taurus511 Victim

Out of curiosity does anyone know what song was used in the promo?

7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I believe its Coldplay. But I am trying to figure out the song now ;)

Okay no. Definitely NOT Coldplay. Don't know what I was thinking...sorry :)

8. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

"Funeral" by Band of Horses. Just bought it, myself. :)

Agreed. A lot of it is about drawing in viewers, and promos can be misleading. It would make more sense if Nick found him, and it's still possible tptb haven't screwed up that much.

9. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Great way of alerting me that it's no use to return to CSI. Thank you TPTB, I might have watched the season's premiere, but seeing that Warrick's death-ep is honored by those two in bed, no thanks, I might throw up.

What a disgrace!

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Well, I agree with all of you, the whole GSR thing is so wrong. I know it's all about the rating, but come on, it's about a CSI getting murdered, and not only some CSI, it's Warrick! So viewers are definitely more interested in that than in GSR, or at least most of them are!
    Poor Cath, she's really taking it hard and Nick seemed pretty collected but will probably break down at some point, at least I hope so.

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I love the promo! The song was an excellent choice and fit the clips well. I agree that this is a compilation of clips from several episodes they have already filmed and not just from 'For Warrick'. It is a season 9 promo and not an episode promo. And I don't see how 4 sec of GSR in a 30 second promo makes it the focus, but it sure has made it a target. Tptb are just throwing us GSRers a skimpy bone to bring us back into the fold. But it'll will probably be only a minute or 2 of the first 2 or 3 episodes, so chill out. You will have the rest of the season and beyond to find something else to complain about.
    I think the premiere looks intense and I can't wait. I don't really care who finds Warrick, but I'm sure they are not going to reveal the more important scenes in the promo.

12. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I think they were probably just trying to grab as many folks' attention as possible and that there are likely things in the promo that won't make it onto the show. As far as Sara in the layout room, I think it makes as much sense as Conrad pulling them together in a team meeting about (I assume) Warrick's investigation. On what planet would people who had worked for roughly a decade with someone be allowed to officially investigate his death? But it makes a cool clip (well, I think so anyway), so there it is. I love the idea of Conrad stepping up to the plate and helping out, BTW. I'm hopeful he will be prominent in this story arc.

And while I do love JF and liked seeing Sara back and interacting with Grissom, I don't think there was anything particularly sexual about either of the snippets we saw ... and they may reflect more than one episode ... or not make it in at all.

I guess we'll all find out in October.

Ali

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Let's not start arguing about GSR again please... I expected it, I may not like it but I can deal. The one thing that disappoints me even more is Grissom finding Warrick instead of Nick. At that's how it looks, However it still looks intense. I was the one who posted the original spoiler about Nick finding him and I really hate that it's not happening, I hate getting my hopes (and everyone else's) up only to be let down.

One theory I have is that Nick also left, maybe Warrick found the strength to call Grissom for help on his cell?

It was nice to see a shot of Greg in the promo!

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I've finally figured out what it is I have a problem with. Yeah I don't like that it looks like it's Grissom and not Nick that finds Warrick. My main problem is that in season 1 Grissom seamed normal (for lack of a better word) emotionally but since then he's rarely even smiled, and it's ever rarer for him to show any other emotion. Now they want us to believe, what looks to me like it's going to be a well over the top (and I don't mean that in a good way) emotional performance. It just looks like they're trying to change the character from what they've made him over the last 8 years.

Nick's the emotional one and I think that's what has all us Nick fans up in arms over this promo! :bolian:

(Just my 2 cents worth) :lol:

Susan

15. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I hope this hasn't been posted before. I checked the last 5 pages and this was not mentioned:

Ausiello writes in his latest column (Ask Ausiello, August 19th) that "he has it on good authority that things are going to start heating up in the lab between Wendy and Hodges"

I hope I'm not starting the next spoiler-gone-ship-discussion with this post.
    Oh, and those fed up with GSR might like the way the question was posted...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.