Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Pixar again make amazing job. Love Wall-E. So sweet animation and character. :)

2. lvshorror

lvshorror Civilian

Hey All

This would be a great CSI episode. Cabin 28: The Keddie Murders. Unsolved Crime in norther california. The man just made a true crime book and the documentary is online. It is amazing. keddie murders movie . com .....All one word. I wish I could get CSI to do an epidsode on this.

3. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Knocked Up
    I saw it twice within two days! I loved it. Katie Heigl is the best. So is Seth Rogen, he's so cute. I love the storyline, but it's so... girly, don't you guys think? I watched it with my boyfriend for the second time, he loved Ben's buddies. They were really funny.
    Oh and I also liked the fact that 3 cast members were from The 40 Year Old Virgin (Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell). The cast was great. Well done, Katie.

27 Dresses
    Another movie with Katie Heigl :D Well, the storyline was not so breath-taking, it was good anyway. I really really loved Jane's character. I'm not a fan of optimistic people, but she was just the coolest. Jane's sister was an ass (she was hot, though). I also liked the writer guy and the way Jane finds out that he's her favourite writer.

4. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I just saw Step Brothers. Oh my gosh, that was possibly the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. It definitely made up for the last Will Ferrell movie (the one about basketball...). Everyone did really well. If you liked Anchorman, you'll probably like this...

5. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I saw In Bruges yesterday. mostly because of Colin Farrell who did a wonderful job. I love the Irish accent. and Brandan Gleeson (it took me 2 hours to realize wherefrom I know him - Mad-Eye Moody :) ) and Ralph Fiennes were great too.

its not exactly my kinda movie but I enjoyed it. it has really awesome music and beautiful scenery. and some funny and also emotional moments

6. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I've just watched St. Trinians and let me tell you I was really sorry for the €8 I spent for it. OK, I've read reviews that should have warned me but I thought, hey, what the heck, it's about girls (in school uniforms), Rupert Everett in drag, girl power, female empowerment (ha), what can go wrong, right?
    Well, obviously a lot! The film seemed to consist of pieces put together but didn't seem to fit. I really could get in touch with the characters because they had no depth. The whole female empowerment, girl power message I was hoping for, wasn't there and it was just a waste of time!
    Makes me really sad because it could have been a great movie! I remember watching Strike and it was so good.
    Ah, what a waste of time and money!

Next films on my list Prince Caspian and The Dark Knight.

7. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Hancock
    I really liked the beginning and the fact that Hancock is not a regular superhero that everyone's so crazy about. Will Smith's performance was fantastic.

we found out about the girl. Mary, right? Oh. I just saw it coming somehow. And when it turned out that they used to be married... LOL. They could have come up with something better.

Insanitarium
    ZOMGZNO. See more in the Worst Movies Ever thread.

8. Calihan

Calihan Captain

The last movie I watched was The Skydivers. This movie had a no plot what so ever, bad acting, and even worse dialogue. Given my love of bad movies I was howling with laughter. A few very pathetic scenes stick out in my mind the party at the night jump, and the coffee scenes. Enjoyable for a laugh but not for anything else.

9. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

The last film I saw was Mamma Mia. It was cheesy but I liked it! It was very interesting to hear Pierce Brosnan sing :lol: I'm glad he decided to become an actor and not a singer! :p But all in all the actors did a great job singing the songs of ABBA and thank gawd, they decided to keep the original voices of the actors and didn't dub them with some lousy German voices which would have destroyed it!

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I saw Tropic Thunder. I think I had too high of hopes for it though, because it was only decent and not absolutely hilarious like I'd hoped... I think if you go into it with more realistic expectations, you'll probably enjoy it a lot more than I did.

Everyone was good in his role, (RDJ was hilarious) and there were a couple people in there that I wasn't expecting, which was pretty cool. There's one hilarious cameo in a movie "trailer" at the start too. I have to admit it had me laughing my ass off.

Anyway, not a bad movie, but it could have been a lot funnier.

11. Missing

Missing Pathologist

The Dark Knight
    Now I am not a religious Batman viewer and its been some time since seeing any of the movies and some I never even saw. With that this movie was done really well and I liked the storyline. It obviously is about good and evil but really questions what that is and how that plays out in even great people. Of course have to mention Heath as the Joker, he was awesome. He was scary and to think to play that type of character and what role that might have played up to his suicide. That is scary. Even if you are not a big Batman person, I say go see this, you shouldn't be disappointed.

12. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

The Dark Knight was okay...not worth the hype.

She Devil was the last one i saw, and it was amazing. i'm not a fan of Rosanne.. but she was good in it none the less. it's basically about a woman with a perfect life who's having an affair with a married man who's wife wants revenge :bolian:

i've also just seen Conversations With Other Women Starring Helena Bonham Carter...it's more of a girls movie because the filming style is unique. it's like the screen is split in half and there are two views of the exact same scene but from someone else's point of view, so you've got to multi-task, because both story lines are important :rolleyes:

13. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ love your icon, Merly Streep is amazing.

anyway.....

just sat and watched all three original Star Wars movies for the first time last night. i've always seen bits and pieces b/c of my brothers but never sat and watched the entire moves. they're pretty good, i like the stories and Harrison Ford is amazing.

also just watched Smart People and A Mighty Wind. AMW is soo hilarious, i could not stop laughing the entire time.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I watched "BABEL" and "NATIONAL TREASURE" both bombs, in my opinion, gawd awful, "Babel" was so choppy, and so dis-jointed, the common denominator a GUN, it went from the Middle East, to Mexico, to Japan, some bizzare events that were off the wall, and to me didn't pertain at all the the story:confused: I was embarassed for Brat Pitt, and Cate Blanchett, such great actors in this horrible film.. the 2nd one worse, so fake, so full of distortions, and make-believe that I couldn't grasp the whole concept if there was one:confused:, again how embarassing for such seasoned actors as Helen Mirren and Jon Voight, not to mention Nicholas Cage:alienblush:I almost turned it off, but had rented it, so suffered through the entirety!

15. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

i was advised not to see Babel :lol:

The Hours
    , OMG it was ah-mazing. i've never read the book but great lesbian flick :bolian: bahha another Meryl Streep performance ;]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.