Are You Watching the NY Reruns This Summer?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 14, 2008.

?

Are you watching the summer rerun episodes of CSI: NY?

1. Yes, every week

19 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Most of the time

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Very rarely

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Never

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It feels like forever since we've had a new episode! Many shows don't even get rerun over the summer anymore--reality fare or new scripted shows take their place--but luckily the CSI shows are still in their regular time slots every week.

So who's watching? And how often? Do you tune in for the second showings of only your favorite episodes, or are you watching faithfully every week? Or not at all?

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I said rarely. Between wanting to watch sports, doing other things and the fact that you can buy seasons of shows on DVD I really don't see the need to watch reruns during the summer unless there is absolutely nothing else going on and absolutely nothing on TV.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I've always enjoyed watching re-runs, but I just haven't watched much TV at all this summer. I've caught a few bits and pieces of episodes here and there, but mostly I haven't been paying attention, even to the episodes I really liked. Instead, I've spent the time I would normally be watching re-runs on watching new-to-me shows (Supernatural, Dresden Files, Queer as Folk - my new obsession ;), Vanished, etc). :p

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I said never. I've been busy watching new episodes of shows on TNT and USA networks (The Closer, Monk, Burn Notice, L&O:CI, Psych, and others) and some DVDs of very old series that aren't shown on the cable channels I get (Mission: Impossible and The Prisoner). They will probably be showing repeats of CSI:NY for the next 50 years or more, like Star Trek and The Beverly Hillbillies, so I'll have plenty of chances.

5. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I've been watching just about every week (because I loved this past season and there were some amazing episodes). Also, it's been fun watching them with my mom, since that never happens when I'm in school.

6. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

I answered "yes every week". But can I qualify that as "sort of"?

I've been DVRing the episodes so that I can fast forward through any and all Lindsey scenes and the entire D/L fiasco.

I find them more enjoyable that way! :devil:

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^ I'm sort of the same way - I prefer to re-watch them on tape (since I'm too behind-the-times to have a DVR :p) so that I can skip commercials. I haven't even really done that this summer either, though. I enjoyed season 4 overall, but I just haven't been as into the show as I used to be - I guess that's why I haven't wanted to re-watch it as frequently as I did in the past.

Haha - the only way my mother will ever see a full episode is if we watch them on tape or DVD. She can't sit still for an entire episode unless I pause it so she can take breaks. :lol:

She did watch an episode not too long ago (I think it was "Boo"), and I saw part of it with her because I was in the room. Naturally, she'd gotten up at some point and missed an important part of the plot, so I had to explain it to her. :lol:

It was definitely a good chance for her to catch up on an episode she didn't see, though - I'm curious how many people come to the show for the first time during the summer. I mean, I've gotten into other shows during the hiatus (granted, most of them have already ended by the time I start watching :p), so I wonder if other people have as well...

(I think I'm wildly off-topic, let's hope there's something relevant in there. ;) :lol:)

8. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I have to say rarely. In the UK we have i think Season 3,4 and 2 all showing at different times on different days so knowing when its on is one thing. And on my TV on my computer i can't get Channel 5 so only way i can watch is if parents are watching it downstairs, convincing themselves its a new episode when dad goes "i remember this" and me repeating that its a repeat and only Miami is new at the moment.

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I watch them every week if not when they air then later on that night or next day by way of DVR. I can't wait for the new season!

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yes, I probably catch most of the latest season reruns during the summer. Season 4 of NY is repeated on a Tuesday evening at 10pm in the UK, and to be honest, it's not like I'm usually busy at 10pm on a Tuesday night so I often get to catch the repeat. :lol:

11. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I said Rarely, simply because I have class on Wednesday Nights, and I usually don't get home till after 10 CT, so it's already over. But, I have a week off before the next term begins, so...yeah, I'll be watching until classes start up again. I hate that I have to take a class on Wednesdays. Seriously interferes with my TV watching....;)

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I voted rarely as well. These days it seems I have to make a point to catch something on TV, and since our TiVO catches all the reruns, I don't really feel a need to make sure I see it on Wednesday night. Sometimes I'll throw it on if I'm eating a meal in front of the TV, but often I opt for a rerun of The Office or something new to me (like Mad Men or Swingtown, both of which I'm already lagging behind on! :eek: ).

13. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I missed most of the season because my daughter was born last August. I was either working at home (tax season), taking care of Spud, or sleeping at 10:00, so I missed the WHOLE season :( I am watching the reruns to catch up. I missed one episode, but my cable has a channel (OnDemand) that I can watch it on later in the week. Plus, I can see the last 4 episodes, 24/7!!!!!

I will probably watch Season on OnDemand b/c DH watches Boston Legal, which shares the time slot since March or so :(

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I watch reruns any single day at 7 am :D In my country i can't get CSI DVD's so i need to get my old VCR ready :D
    Well, really i must record the episode because at 7 am i'm already working at the hospital but i enjoy it anyway when i get back home.
    It's a little bit confuse to my mumm because she catches S4 and S1, 2 or 3 in the same day sometimes LOL

I guess i'm a little obssesed with this show :D

Debbie :D

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I watch the Season 3 every Week. The Season 4 begins in Germany only on the 1st September. 4. season I watch at the moment from a DVD.