The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Hey Lynn :) Talking about what reminds you of the boys when away- while I was away, we were in this bar, and a guy came out with a cowboy hat on and did a few country songs on karaoke, and that reminded me of Nick on the ranch, which reminded me of our conversations about nick and greg in texas :D which led to naughty thoughts:devil:...

I'm not so sure about Nick. I think it was possibly confusion, friendship, lust love. I don't know...

i agree with those of you who said that for Greg it was probably more respect that hero worship, Greg was quite confident in the lab. I laughed at your analogy Sara's_Girl, tehe.

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

One thing that reminds me of the guys or Nick at least is this; I've been watching bull riding (which of course reminds me of 'Bull') and there is a bull rider from Brazil who looks a lot like George Eads/Nick Stokes -IMO anyway. I wish I could show you a photo but...you'll just have to take my word for it LOL

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  3. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

Things that remind me of the LOVE. I would have to say songs that I hear on the radio tend to get me thinking about the love. Like country for Nicky and rock for Greggo. And them fighting over radio stations in the car and such. Cowboys always make me think of Nicky thus leading to Greggo thinking Nicky is hot in a cowboy hat. Lots of other random things make me think of the boys.

Its hard to say how Nicky became attracted to Greggo. Me things friends ship, lust and confusion of himself, then finally coming to terms with the lust. Then love. Nicky may have felt intimidated at first by Greggo, since hes such different personality type then himself. Very open about his feelings where as Nicky as we know tend to hold stuff in until they explode.

Sara's Girl
    -read NLS update loved it. Great work as always. Made me a very happy fan girl. :devil:

4. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Nat - What story was that with Sophia going to see Greg? Do you remember? I’d love to read it!

And that is an interesting question about whether or not Greg would pull away from everyone after Fannysmackin’. I guess I just never thought he’d invite coworkers to his apartment (Though he would invite, Nick. Duh. Lol) just because he seems so out there and so many found him odd in the beginning, with his loud music and wild ways. *remembers him with the glove on his head and the face mask cut into sharp teeth.* But now that you mention it, yeah, maybe he did have lots of people over, he does like people a lot.

About the books, yeah, there are some. I’ve forgotten now which one, but one of the bigger ones had a good few lines in it that was just soooo obvious! Sadly, that book is in another state than I am. Otherwise I could easily point out the page number. Sorry.

Speaking of cats... Greg’s meow that someone quoted reminded me of this horrible thing the writers did. Sorry, it doesn’t really relate to The Love, but I mention it because we’ve all commented on their inability to keep things straight before. In Cats in the Cradle Doc Robbins comments that cats have only been domesticated for 4,000 years and are still predatory. This is why he’s a dog person. However... in the ep (sorry, forgot the title) where the wife and husband are splitting up and having the custody battle over the dog and the husband brings in another dog to switch out on his wife... in the end, one gets shot and the second dog gets scared, attacking the other. Because of this, Doc is a cat person. So.... which is it? Lol. They need to keep a journal with all these little things in it so they don’t forget. But think about it... if they did that... then they’d look at Nick and Greg and realize something’s been going on behind their backs! Lol... imagine how that would go over? Hehehe.

About Warrick knowing... I was watching this ep and Nick makes a comment about birds. Warrick says “Discover Chanel” to explain it and then says “You need to get a girl.” I was thinking, he’s saying that because Greg lets him watch these shows and a girl might not. Not that this is absolutely true, but maybe Warrick thinks a girl would keep him away from the tv more. As in, he might know about them. But really, who knows. It’s vague, and I’m just randomly guessing with my fangirl heart, so whatever comes out... well... you know.

Lynn- EVERYTHING reminds me of CSI and The Love, seriously. I can’t help it.

I’m on the fence about hero worship... if Greg did worship Nick that way, it was for a very short period of time, like, the first week they worked together back when Greg was in DNA, especially if Nick was already there when Greg arrived for his first night. And, oddly, all this talk about Hodges hero worshiping anyone just gave me a one shot idea... maybe I’ll roll with it someday... or maybe I should just pass it on... yeah, pass it on, sounds good... OK, so say Greg’s in a down mood, doesn’t think he can do much as a CSI, perhaps right after Who Shot Sherlock? Or Fannysmackin’ or whatever. And Nick comes to his aid, and tells him how he overheard Hodges gushing about Greg... but not in a ‘I want a threesome’ way, or an ‘I’m in love with him’ way. Just the hero worship thing. It could make Greg laugh, at least. Who knows? Odd, idea, I know.

Um... guys... this is going to sound VERY weird... but I had a dream last night with the boys! And yes, I did say weird. We were close, me and the boys, apparently. I was a member of the team and when I left the team, I got a group hug out of both Nick and Greg. I went to the train station just up the street and waited for them to follow me. I thought for sure they would, but they didn’t. *cries* Then after a few random scenes that didn’t have them in it, one of them was on a river raft with the team (or most of) I think it was Nick. And I was up on a bridge with Warrick and Greg who were talking about Nick. I think I was just an observer in the last scene. Anywho, they were definitely talking as if Greg and Nick were together, which made me happy, though I don’t remember what they talked about. And that was it. It was the hug part that was weird. I don’t know how to describe it so that it won’t freak you out, cause reading this you’re all squealing with joy and jealous of me, I’m sure, but that’s not really how it went down. Lol. I guess it’s cause in the first scene it wasn’t that apparent that they were together, and it seemed more like I was the one forcing them to hug me. I dunno. But anyway, there you have it. Analyze it all you want. This one, for sure, won’t be turned into a story.

Btw, for those interested to know, Strength of Soul, based off the last dream I had of them, will still be written as soon as I finish my current work. I just don’t know when that’ll be because I’m trying to work full time and find a better job... and... and... blah blah blah. But I promise it’ll get done asap because I love it, merchildren are involved, it’s got angst, it’s got love, and a creepy government agency that’s up to no good! Woot! Ah, the things you can do with dreams! Hehehe. I’ll have to dig up that manip you did Wojo and post it with the story. Oh, I can’t wait.

Ok, ok *getting off my soap box now*. Sorry for that. Lol. I’m off to grab dinner. Bye all! And sorry for the ultimate long post!

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I think I'm with Wojo on the hero-worshipping-thing. I think he's to confident and knows too well that he's good at what he's doing (I'm talking about lab-Greg) that he would hero-worship anyone. He's impressed with Grissom (maybe or probably intimidated) and he might admire the CSIs in general but no worshipping of any kind.

I don't know who said it but I agree that Nick was a bit intimidated by Greg at the beginning. He's so smart and is not afraid to show it and I guess that kind of intimidated Nick (I really like the word intimidate).

About how they got together. Hm, I guess Greg felt an instant attraction (so lust) than he got to know him better and it developed into friendship and gradually became love.
    Nicky on the other hand was curious about the new guy. Definitely intimidated by his genius. It turned into friendship and then into love. Of course there was a lot of confusion on his part (don't want to think about that woman) until he had to admit to himself that he was desperately and hopelessly in love with Greg.

What reminds me of the boys? Hm, definitely songs I've seen fanvids of. Make me smile (or most likely grin like mad) if I hear them on the radio. Aviator sunglasses remind me of the boys (always have to think about Greg in A Bullet Runs Through It). Sometimes when I hear songs I think about them. Yes, I guess that's it.

6. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Your dream made me laugh out loud. I thought it was really entertaining to read--it must've been interesting to dream it, then. I've never had a dream involving the boys, and it's always interesting when they visit people when they're slumbering. The part that really made me think was where you said that ". . . it seemed more like I was the one forcing them to hug me." I find that really interesting. Sorry, dreams fascinate me. I'm weird like that.

What reminds me of The Love? Ah, songs songs and more songs! Seriously ... every time I hear a romantic song, I'll immediately think of the boys. Especially with "I Will Remember You" by Ryan Cabrera. It has this one line that goes: "Eight years later, time goes by fast." God. I think I squee'd when I heard that, and wala! my fanfic I Promise was born.

Going back to the Doc Robbins thing, I agree that they should write down or keep track of random tidbits they've included about the characters. Just keep it on the computer and add to it when needed, but go back and check to make sure they aren't contradicting themselves. That's how I'd do it, though. But I don't happen to be TPTB, or there'd be a lot more Love happenin', and a lot less of ... other ships that I won't name. =D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  7. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I agree that they should keep note of their tidbits about characters!

I agree with you love_fan about how they got together. I think Greg instantly felt a physical attraction to Nick, and then once they got to become friends he fell for him more and more. I also agree Nick was curious about Greg, then confused, then realised he'd fallen for him. I guess it was quite different for each of them.

I'm still sticking with my original thoughts about the hero-worship, the fact i don't think it's going on. But I totally agree that maybe Nick was slightly intimidated by Greg's genius.

And love_fan, i'm going to have to say it again, I LOVE your avatar. Marg is so gorgeously hot in that photo.:drool:

8. MsCatherineBrown

^^ I watched that episode last night as well. And I like your train of thought on this. Its more then possible that Greggo would enjoy watching Nicky's bird shows with him then a girl would. Or maybe Warrick just thinks he needs a relationship to keep him away from the TV more. Who knows. I always feel kinda bad for Nicky in situations, cause like he has said when Griss says something like that about bugs, everyones like 'Oh hes so smart.' Where when Nicky mentions something about birds they all tell he watches to much TV. Just bothers me I guess. I bet Greggo loves snuggling on the couch with Nicky and watching animal plant. But I bet he also keeps Nicky away from the TV in other ways as well.

9. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Yay! Thanks so much :D

I think it's quite possible that Nick was intimidated by Greg at first, and maybe vice versa a little. Like you say they are so different, and while it's part of the reason they have such great chemistry (opposites attract I guess and I think they bring out the best in each other) I think it could have made for a slightly uneasy relationship at first, like we see in some of the early epis, s1 and s2. I love it when they visibly make each other uncomfortable, like in the liquid latex scene. Nick makes Greg uneasy by standing too close and then Greg makes Nick squirm going on about liquid latex. It's great...because obviously they are attracted to each other but maybe a bit scared too. :D

Ah, Queen, I wish I had dreams like that *sigh* The story with Sofia is called 'A Hand to Hold' by evilteddybear. I liked it, I like Sofia. Can't wait for the new stories from you!

Continuity errors really wind me up. They have people paid to make sure that doesn't happen so there's no excuse. Even if it's not a main character it's not the point. *sigh*

I wrote a fluffy oneshot (I'm procrastinating with NLS but it will get done) which you can find heeeeere:

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=5303

Nat x

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm back from my holidays! I hope you missed me:p And I know, few days it'a very long time...lol.

Now I'm trying to collect all my thoughts after reading all new posts... Probably I'll write in a little bit chaotic way but always something:lol:

When I spend my time out from here I collected in my mobile a lot of cute pics of Greg, Nick and them together. When I was sad (people on holidays can be sad sometimes, I think) I just watched them and feel just better. The Love is definitely my drug;) And what's reminding me boys? All different sorts of romantic songs. I have few by my favourite artist Tori Amos (my music drug;)) - just listen "Take Me With You" (for me one of the best romantic songs ever):

Oh take me with you - I don’t need shoes to follow.
    Bare feet are running with you - somewhere a rainbow ends my dear.
    (like all Tori's songs it's very specific, need to listen or read all lyrics;))

or "China":

sometimes I think you want me to touch you how can I when you build the great WALL around you in your eyes I saw a future together you just look away in the distance
    (good one when is about their crisis/broke up...)

or many more... Well, you need to check it;) Unluckily during my free time I haven't had dreams about boys... They're a little bit similiar for your last one Queen. Ufff, but good I had pics...

That's enough I think for this time:lol:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  11. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I wish I had dreams like that too. I did have a NG dream once, but it was just stupid, they were going on a double date with my best friends and I was left on my own being single and all... and got all depressed, so not a great tdream...

Welcome Back Deirdre :) Missed you :D The love certainly can cheer you up, I was feeling a bit ergh last night, so watched some CSI, some little NG moments and I had a smile on my face again.

And Sara's_Girl, fluff is always good :D I'm going to go read it in a bit :)

and MsCB, I love your idea of them sitting watchin TV, I can see them all snuggled up on the sofa now. Awww.

12. MsCatherineBrown

Never really had a Nicky and Greggo dream. I do day dream alot about them. Mostly in class or at work when I'm board.

Glad to have you back Deirdre. I as well always cheer me up when I'm feeling down or gross. I love the songs you quoted so great. Gonna go find them and listen to them right now.

Sara's Girl- Loved your fluffy little one piece. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

bubbles glad you liked the idea of the boys cuddling on the couch. Makes me think of what their living room would look like. Like what color is there couch, walls, what kinda TV they have and such. What do you guys think their living room looks like.

13. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh, my dream was months ago, I've had a couple of strange CSI related dreams. Tells me I watch it too much :D No good love ones though :(

I can see them not being over the top, having nice cosy colours. Maybe browns and creams and warm reddy colours. With a nice fireplace in the middle. Brown sofa, slightly bigger than normal but nothing too fancy tv on the wall. I can picture it now. Coming in from work and relaxing in their cosy living room.

14. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ That's the kind of living room I'm going to have one day. Neutral tones, nothing too loud ... a calming, warm place.

I kind of think that Nick would've done a lot of the decorating for that room, but who knows ... maybe Greg would like that kind of area too. Or maybe they allowed each other to decorate each room seperately ... Nick did the living room and Greg did, say, the kitchen?

Hmmm. Someone should do a fanfic where they re-paint and re-furnish their house. That'd be fluff central, probably.

15. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Agree! That's scene is really cute and I see them in a calming and warm place place. Oh, I see them sitting close to fireplace, holding hands, hugging... lol, it's morning and am I in some kind of romantic mood?:lol:

I remember that we talked about decorating room. I can say one thing - if they do that seperately their house would be very eclectic. They have different tastes and I think that Nick likes more calming and warm colours. Greg is more "crazy" - aggresive colours, some fancy furniture...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.