BASEBALL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Charisma, Jul 24, 2005.

?

Which TV network will you spend the most time watching this fall?

1. The CW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NBC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ABC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. CBS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (Cable network, don't watch traditional tv, ect.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Well, this is old news, but the Twinkies finally pulled a win out of their backsides (Twins 7, Mariners 3) Thursday, which is good, because otherwise the worst team in the league would've swept them. :wtf: They really are playing well this year, if you don't count the last two games . . . plus the Yankees games didn't go so well . . . oh, well.

Speaking of Yankees, RF Michael Cuddyer is supposed to be back next week when we play them. Woo-hoo!:beer:

Next up: KC Royals in KC Friday at 7:10.

Go Twins!

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

The Jays took all 4 games from the A's :beer: They won the last game 6-4. Tonight it's Cleveland here for a 3 game :)

Reyes vs Purcey.

On other Jays news Cito Gaston is going to stay on as the manager for next year :) Yes! excellent decision now if they can just do something about the general manager..........

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Congrats on the win, nicely done.

Yup were there, too bad we can't just play four and split in twos :lol:

GO T & J !!! :thumbsup: :shifty: :bolian:

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

lol...your choices of smileys amuse me destiny. Yay for the Jays in the 4 game sweep, but now comes the division. Jays and Indians...hmmm. Whatever the outcome...I hope each game is a fight to the end....meaning, I don't particularly want to see a blow out from either team...good, clean and competitive games

Cheers to Cito and the desicion to bunker down for another season...um, is that offical?

5. Jacquie

Round one goes to Cleveland. They beat Toronto 5-2. The lid was open and the night was cool. I think came time temp was about 20C. Cool for this time of year.

Go Jays and Tribe :)

6. Destiny

:D Thanks (Re: Smilie choice) I thought that was so neat how that looked. Give me time I can probably come up with more.

It was a good game, Reyes making his debute as an Indian did better then I expected and Lewis that was his first save ever. But the Jays fought hard to try and come back, geez is it me or does it seem like each team has players that were either with the other or what have you.

I was a bit worried about Sizemore, he looked a little out of sorts to say the least, he has what some call a perminate genetic tan which means his mom is white and his father is black. The reason for that PGT phrase came when some thought he was tanning during the winter (via a tanning bed) and then playing outside in the summer that he might get cancer, oy. But this kid (okay he is 26) was really undershirt white tonight. I know he had Wednesday off and Thursday was an off day for the team. I swear when he was standing there in the box I thought he was going to fall over, then when they threw to first and he got up real slow that is really un-grady like. Hopefully he is feeling better tomorrow.

Okay I am sorry but I had to laugh, when Frasor hit Grady with that pitch and he made that jump on the mound with both feet in the air (because he didn't mean to do it), STO not only replayed it in slow motion but they stopped it in mid jump and :guffaw: I just thought that was funny.

See I told you we could handle this with our teams. :)

Go T & J !!! :bolian: :shifty: :thumbsup:

7. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Ken Griffey was traded. OMG. Was he not still with the Reds this yr or was he already gone? If he was still with the Reds stupid team. Sorry folks I have hard time staying up with all this. LOL I have yet to be able to watch a game this yr. Only time I see the ribe is if they play the Chi-WS. lol Seriously Destiny are you up on the Reds or anyone? Is Barry Larkin still playing or is retired now? I heard he was retiring but..... Last time I saw him he was still with the Reds but.........like I said I don't get to watch my teams much so it's been a min since I've seen them play. lol

8. Destiny

Normally I don't keep up with the Reds, except through the MLB.com and some sporting news. But up until about July 31 (trading deadline) Ken Griffey Jr was with the reds (he was there when we played them) here is some info on the Griffey W-Sox Trade announcement.

Barry Larkin ended his career in 2005 ESPN Story after 19 yrs in the big leagues he decided to retire.

Now this is interesting seems fox sports news is reporting MLB investigating Manny's Boston exit

9. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Thanks Destiny for the info. I thought Larkin had retired some time ago but wasn't sure. I hate they traded Jr. though. If I'd remember to go to the Reds/Indians websites I'd know more. LOL Not enough time in the day to do all that needs to be done. LOL

10. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Twins beat KC last night to pull ahead (by one game!) in the AL. :beer: Woo-hoo!

Sad to say I missed the game, but it was a good one, with a little drama when Delmon Young got hit in the head with a pitch. He and Gardy both think it was intentional, and if you watch the clip it sure doesn't look like the guy (Grienke) was apologetic at all. The Twins responded with a great inning which included a 2-run homer from Young. Hopefully we'll sweep tonight before coming home to play the Yanks.

Jacqui, reporting from Twins Territory :D

11. Destiny

Congrats to the twins. We don't play them until Sept (15-17th).

Okay today ended the year for the Jays and Tribe to play against each other (7 games), the Jays gave a good game, but the Tribe got the sweep Cliff Lee today got his 16th win (he is 16-2) of the season, yesterday Paul Byrd went a full nine innings in under one hundred pitches.
    Game 1: Tribe 5 - Jays 2, Game 2: Tribe 4 - Jays 2, Game 3: Tribe 4 - Jays 0

Okay were coming home for 3 series, 4 games with BAL, 3 with LAA, and 3 with KC.

Probable Pitchers for the home series:
    Game 1: Fausto Carmona vs Dennis Sarfate
    Game 2: Jeremy Sowers vs Garrett Olson
    Game 3: Anthony Reyes vs Jeremy Guthrie
    Game 4: Paul Byrd vs Daniel Cabrera

Aaron Laffey who was sent down to AAA Buffalo pitched an 8 game shutout last night, hopefully this means he is on the right track and will be up soon, thought I am not sure what that means for one of the five starters up here.

The Jays go on the road against the Tigers in a four game series, 3 against Boston. Probable Pitchers for the Birds vs the Kitty Cats (yeah I know not funny lol) :

Game 1: Shaun Marcum vs Justin Verlander
    Game 2: A.J. Burnett vs Zach Miner
    Game 3: David Purcey vs Kenny Rogers
    Game 4: Roy Halladay vs Armando Galarraga

GO T & J !!! :bolian: :shifty: :thumbsup:

12. Jacquie

Well congrats to the Cleveland Indians for sweeping the Jays. I ain't happy about it but hey the better team did win :) It appears that the Jays play better against the better teams and poorly against the lesser teams. You go figure because I'm not going to try :)

Go Jays and Tribe :) and I guess we should include the Twins :)

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well yes, I will have to agree....the better team won the series. Congrats to the Indians...I think one of the only goods things to come out of this weekend on the Jays side and that is having Vernon Wells back in the line-up which sent Kevin Mench back down to triple A.

14. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Nor have they ever. Ironic that they Yankees are the first team to have numbers on the backs of their jerseys, but are the only team in baseball never to have names on the backs of their jerseys (the Red Sox have, I think they do on their road jerseys currently).

As per my Yankees (insert flames here), it ain't looking too good. It looks more and more like I should try to get tickets to the September 21st game, the last game ever at the Stadium. And, even if they do make it to the playoffs, it is looking like they would have to win the Wild Card, and if they do that, they face the Angels, who the Yankees are their personal whipping boys.

15. Destiny

Congrats to the Jays getting back on their winning way, had a little detour but now your back on the road. Beating the kitty cats 7-2.

Cleveland did pretty good, Fausto made his third appearance back from the DL and he was better then the last two times, the downside is that he was removed from the game with the bases loaded and Mujica came right on in and gave up a triple. Another bright spot Brendan Donnelly got to get his first start as a reliever in the game and he went a scoreless inning, he was a little shakey at first but he was hyped and excited, but he got through it.

We started with the lead, got over taken and then got the lead back, we rocked Sarfate for four runs in the first, Sizemore walked, Dellucci hit an RBI Triple making it 1-0 (might I add it is Dellucci's first Triple of the season, he was a in slightly medium slump for a bit) then around and around we go. But in the end the score was Tribe over the O's 13 to 8 and we did it in 9 innings. :lol: The reporters are calling last nights game the "Wild" and "Wacky" game :D what can I say it might take 3 hrs to play nine innings but we like to have fun.

You know there is one thing I never got, If you have great, then trade it away for better, aren't you fixing what isn't broken, because if the other team thought what you had was the best, why would you not see it and trade it. This little rant brings me to the recent (as in today) trading of Paul Byrd to the boston Red sox's and no I am not joking. They get rid of Casey (3rd base) and Keep Marte, they get rid of CC (Pitcher), they get ride of Paul (pitcher) geez these three guys are what got them close to the WS last year, okay we are having a bad season, and all three were free agents at the end of the season but WTH. I need to go mourn. :scream::shifty::scream:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.