The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Thanks, now it makes sense. When I was watching it, I just thought, "... wait, what?"
    The scene from Hard Evidence is totally just ... it's so obvious. Nick's tone of voice says it all. You just know immediately that he's been to the gay bar in question ... possibly with one man named Greg Sanders? I personally think that Nick's more obvious about his sexuality than he would like to think he is. The boy-touching, the fact that he tries to appear straight, and the over-all flirty quality with Greg.
    On Spike yesterday was the episode where that woman drowned in the desert. Nick was looking at the weather on that day and Greg's out in the hall, just observing what Nick's doing, and when Nick invites him in, Greg does this adorable little thing with his hand, like "Who, me?" It was a cute scene. =D

2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I love that episode! I think it's from S2, Anatomy of a Lye. The way Nick smiles at Greg and asks him to join him. And Greg already knowing everything about the case and ending up helping Nicky solve it. Just adorable.

[​IMG]
    Who, me?

[​IMG]
    Yes, you!

Aren't they just so obvious??

Thinking about it, maybe Greg changed his eating habits since he's doing (sweaty) Muy Thai. Maybe he's more concerned about his body now (since Nicky told him so)?

3. my_last_chance

^-^ I loooveee the screencaps. They are completely obvious ... and I love it! It's nice when subtext is obvious, 'cause I tend to miss it if it isn't in your face. I'm getting better at spotting it, though. xD
    So ... who out of the CSI's know about Nick and Greg? I know we've discussed this an awful lot ... but if Nick and Greg haven't told anyone, who on the show would be able to tell from all the flirting and touching?
    I personally think that Brass knows. He can see things that the CSI's don't. I also think Warrick is starting to have some doubts about Nick's sexuality, and probably Catherine 'cause she's a mother and she'd just know.

4. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

As I have mentioned it before, I'm a bit torn about Warrick knowing or at least suspecting something. Sometimes I get the feeling that he tries to coax the truth out of Nick, other times it's like he's got no clue. I can't think of any scenes or episodes right now though.

As for Brass, he definitely knows! He's just the type of persons who figured it out a long time ago and laughs his head of because everyone else is so blind to it.

Maybe some of the cops suspect something. I think about that scene in the S5 episode Compulsion in which a cop makes a comment to Greg about bird-watching.

As for the CSIs, well, Cath would definitely suspect something. Just had to think about that episode in S5, Crow's Feet, in which Cath touches Nick's upper arms and asks him if he's only working out for himself. And he get's all flustered. So cute!
    Sara would know, since I think she's really close to Greg.
    Grissom is hard to read, maybe he's completely oblivious to everything around him or he knows everything. Hard to tell.
    Hodges definitely suspects (and is probably jealous of Nick or Greg, who knows?).
    I read a lot of fics with Jacquie knowing about the boys. To bad she's not in the show anymore.

5. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahh lovefan you took it right out of my mouth- oh btw i love ya new pic!!!

Yeah for sure, Brass so knows about Nick and Greg, after all he is a cop. Thats what they're trained to do, weed out the truth. Yeah, he's sharp and on the ball, I think, (also I suspect) from the books as well- Brass says what he has to say but when he has to.. Otherwise he'll keep quiet. Its really funny- plust with his personality type - yeah I agree he's more likely to laugh at the CSIs who fail to see the evidence before their eyes.

Grissom- yes he knows, but look at his relationship with Sara- some things are meant to be kept private, and thats what he has done with our hunks. Two ppl at a push he'll feel ok at revealing how he feels- Sara and with a push Cath. Cath would weed what Grissom knows about Nick and Greg out. Slowly and painfully lol. Regardless of his autistic traits he knows full well what is going on with his junior team members.

Warrick- yeah I'm with you lovefan- sometimes like in For Gredda he nearly shoves the waitress down Nick's face. Warrick knows full well the only sexual experience he has had in eight years was the hooker. Not exactly recent. So Warrick sometimes appears to push Nick in saying... But Warrick might just respect his friends privacy, and that if Nick was gonna tell him that he is gay then he will.. Remember Warrick has seen soo much from growing up in Vegas.

Cath- oh without a shred of doubt she knows. I think when Greg foolishly flirted with her, she was like wait a minute. Cath would eat the poor man up lol. Catherine Willows is not as silly as she looks. Like Warrick she used to be a show girl, so come on... not exactly blinkered is she?

Sara- she knows... especially after all that flirting Greg did with her. But she watches things from afar, she sees what isnt being said. How many times has she smirked when Nick says something about girls etc? Or when Greg has... Although I cant right now think of any episodes- its there- Plus of course her boyfriend being Gil Grissom, she has probably talked about Nick and Greg.. just like couples do.

Oh even the declaration of love speech. Sara knew the gig, but its like Nick and Greg being attracted to each other- is the lab's worst best kept secret. Even Ecklie made a comment i believe to Nick. Maybe I'm wrong there?

Archie for sure, especially after season 7- when Greg made a point of saying that things are private for a reason.

Hodges:guffaw: aww how cute is that man? He has a big case of hero worshoping if i've seen it! Look at A La Cart.. Because the team treat him as an outsider- not their friend, but their co-worker- He sees it all. But keeps it all to himself.

Sorry for the long post ppl!!!

6. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Oh...I love that one. When he goes to Nick all casual-like and starts telling him this theory about the mountain-shadow effect and totally makes Nick's case *sigh* So clever, he is. :D And that 'who, me?' look is adorable.

Love Fan - 'sweaty Muy Thai' heh :p I think he probably does eat more healthily as he gets older...though I suspect he still has a weakness for college cuisine.

Greggo_Obsessed - I love that idea that Nick can cook eggs and steak...but nothing else. Man cooking. Grr. Haha. I also see Nicky as being that sort of efficient cook, not anything fancy. I've been thinking about this a lot 'cause in my current fic there's going to be a whole cooking thing. You'll see, anyway. Also....you read *all* my fics? Wow. Thanks for what you said...*blushing and smiling* I'm delighted you like my writing.

I can never decide who knows and who doesn't, it depends. I'm always inclined to think Catherine is one of the first, I think she would notice Nick acting differently, I see them as close and she is so observant (and nosy) lol.

I think Greg would tell Sara.

Other than them, it depends, sometimes I think Warrick and Gris know, sometimes not. I think the lab rats know...especially if they are together in the early days when Greg is still a DNA tech. I love stories with the lab rats...Jacqui always knows in my stories, if I'm writing when she was still there.

Hodges...he so has a little man-crush on Nicky. I too watched A la Cart on tv last night, and that bit is brilliant. I also love Nick's expression when Greg says 'when I was a kid, I used to make bombs...just little bombs' or something like that. lol.

Nat x

7. my_last_chance

Ah, Hodges and his heteroman crush. I don't really know how I feel about that ... a part of me finds it hilarious, another part finds it creepy, and another part (an extremely deep down part) finds it kind of cute. *ducks from people throwing tomatoes* It *is* sort of cute! Hodges is so horrible at romance and communicating effectively with others, and there's Nick who ... well, he's better in both aspects. Obviously better, if he and Greg are together, and Hodges and Wendy aren't. So yes, I find it somewhat cute ... in a pathetic sort of way.
    Wouldn't it be weird if Nick and Greg went on a date, and Hodges followed them? ... *light bulb flashes on* Hmmm ... interesting.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  8. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Do I hear a pin drop? LOL.

Yeah its cute very cute. I mean who is it better to hero worship than Nick Stokes. Question to you all- do you think Greg ever went threw a stage where he hero worshiped Nick? Or was it friendship then lust then love?

Or was it in your eyes something completely different?

9. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Aww Hodges man crush on Nicky is cute. Still say want a threesome with him and the boys. I agree though who better to hero worship then Nicky. I think Greggo did go through a stage where he hero worshiped Nicky then he realized the attraction they shared. In the first few seasons we see Greggo form the friendships with all the CSIs. But with Nicky I think it developed into love and of course lust. This development can be seen from the shear amount of scenes they share, more so then they do with others me thinks. Also I like to think Nicky's influence helped Greggo work up to working in the field. Like in Chasing the Bus Nicky tells him its ok, he has to work his way up to getting used to working in the field. Next to Sara I think he woks with Nicky the most in the field.

10. my_last_chance

^-^ Maybe, lawlz. It gets sort of annoying when plot bunnies sneak in to your mind to join all the other awaiting ideas. >_>

^-^ Ah, now that question threw me off a bit. The romantic in me says that it was love at first sight for our boys, but the realistic part of me says they were friends before they discovered the lust and love factor. Do I think that Greg hero-worshipped Nick? That really is a tough question. Honestly, I don't think Greg hero-worships anyone. He definitely looks up to Grissom a lot, but does he hero-worship the Bug Man? Nah. But did our Lab Tech turned CSI ever worship Nick? Hard to say. I think that Greg definitely looked up to the Texan, but in my mind I don't think it goes much further than that.
    And I'll stop my rambling now. =]

11. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Just the thought of Hodges having any romantic thoughts towards anyone makes me feel ill... But I guess in some warped way his little hero worship of Nicky is kinda sweet in a 'i don't want to think this' way...

i'm not sure whether Greggo hero worshipped Nick. Maybe a little, but I think it was more like a crush, into lust into love rather than a hero worship kinda thing.

Sara's_Girl, i never know who knows. I think Cath would have noticed the change in the way they acted with each other, and I also agree that Greg would have told Sara. I don't think Warrick knew to start with, but I think, from the caps I've seen and what I've heard from For Gedda, he knew then. Grissom, I doubt it... Archie I think knows. Jacqui, bless her, I always wondered what happened to her...

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

As far as hero worship, I'd have to say no. Not to say anything negative about Greg but lets face it, when he was in the lab he had a pretty big ego. So I find it hard to believe he'd worship anyone, although I believe he did admire and look up to the CSI's (including Nick) and its one of the reasons he wanted to become one as well as getting out of the confides of the lab.

I think it started as freindship with the guys and developed into something more.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  13. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Dijja miss me?! hehe. ;)

So, I think that the idea of Hodges having a man-crush on Nicky or Greggo is too cute. I love Hodges. HE'S SO CUTE! hehe.

But with that subject comes the threesoms again and I wasn't thrilled when we got into that in the first place, so I'm diverting.

I wanna know, from all you, what reminds you of Nick/Greg when you're away?

For instance, while I was up north, I started grinning like a maniac in the middle of the ferry depot because a song I heard on a NG fanvid (Apologize) began playing over the loud speaker.

my mom was like, "What?"

So I said what back, and she says that I have a chester cat grin on as though I know something she didn't. I kinda did, really, but oh well.

So...I want to know that!

Nat - TWO UPDATES! I've gotta go away more often, hmm? lolzies.

WB Bubbles. And thanks, it took me a long time and a lot of RPing with a friend to figure that out.

-Lynn, whom is quite tired after a ten hour drive back to Detroit.

14. my_last_chance

Ah, nice to see you again Lynn!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that Hodges can be ... uh, well, cute wouldn't really be the right word. He has this endearing quality about him, but anyways, sort of off topic.

So there was this episode today where Nick walks by Hodges and says something about some trace he needs identified, and Hodges said he'd put it on priority for Stokes. Nick's response was, "You're coming around." Anyone have the direct quote, 'cause it was total Hodges hetero-man crush right there.

I kind of wonder how Greg would take it if he ever found out that Hodges had a slight crush on his man. By season six, I figure they are together, and I'm thinking Greg might laugh a bit, not even worried. I don't blame him (sorry Hodges!).

Also today was a Bobby Dawson moment (ah, I love this guy) and the way he said Greg's name made both myself and Greggo_Obsessed think that he may have a bit of a crush on Greg. He also smiled this certain way at Greg ... hmmm.

If I could remember what episode these were, I'd ask for screen caps ... but my memory fails me. I think the one with Nick/Hodges was Still Life and Nick was going to see Kelly Gordon (dun dun dun dunnnn) and the one with Greg/Bobby was Secrets & Flies. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  15. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Lynn :D *dances* I missed you. And your randomness. lol. Two updates, indeed. And another one soon, hopefully. Your comments have also been missed ;)

All kinds of random things remind me of the Love. Definitely songs, ones that I have used as inspiration for fics. When I was in the supermarket last week there was a young guy with scruffy curly hair buying noodles (no word of a lie) and I was *desperately* disappointed when there was no chiselled dark haired guy trying to put wholemeal bread in his basket. (I checked). Preoccupied, much? Me? :wtf:

The hero worship thing...I don't know. I think Greg always admired Nick and found him hot, of course, but I'm inclined to agree with Wojo a little...when he was in the lab he didn't give the impression of needing to worship anyone. He was the big fish in the..um...lab pond, if you will. Then again, I'm never sure how much of his confidence is just front, you know? So once again, I'm undecided.

He definitely respected Nick when it came to CSI stuff...like MsCB said, he did a lot of work with Nick in the early days (whenever he wasn't with Sara. I read a good line in a fic once where Greg says Sara is 'what I want to be when I grow up' lol. Maybe that's more of an admiration thing than with Nick?) Chasing the Bus is a great example of that.

I think it was lust, then friendship, then love, in that order. For Greg, anyway. For Nick...hmm. Not sure. Anyone?

I love Hodges, I really do. But no threesomes! lol.

Nat x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.