The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Agree with you MsCB! Greg is just very easy-going person and likes to have around friends. Well, it's impossible to not like him.

And I think that Greg is a better cooker. I'm sure he likes cook for his Texan, and this Texan like to eat what he cooked:devil:

Threesome, ok, but foursome? That's really... much...:lol:

Bubbles, I know your pain. Argh, I hate database errors:scream:

2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Poor bubbles :(! I know exactly what you're going through.

And I'm with you on the whole threesome, foursome thing. Not gonna happen in my world. Nick and Greg, that's how's it supposed to be and no one else! Especially not Hodges! :wtf:

I also agree with Greg being friendly. He's so not a player. Underneath that confident shell there's a sweet and maybe a bit insecure man. So, yes, he was nice to Sofia and maybe she just made it sound like he was a player to protect his reputation in the lab.
    And I just love the idea of Greg cooking for Nick (all friendly of course :devil:) and Nick watching him and getting some ideas (friendly ones of course :devil:)!

3. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yeah I totally agree with you there- Greg is the most sensitive person in the lab. And out of it. He pretends to be Mr Cool and knows it all, but secretly when he shuts the doors late in the morning- before he goes to bed- the real Greg Sanders comes out.

Ahhh regarding the status of our men, no i dont think that TPTB had/have any intentions of making them a couple. Like I said there the show's hunks- they wouldnt risk it making them the shows Gay hunks.

Now that idea of Greg-Nick-Archie-Hodge does have a good ring to it.

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

UUGH not Hodges! Sorry but the thought makes me want to gag!

I think Nick and Greg can both cook, after all Nick is a home grown Texan and no doubt learned to cook either from his Mom or numerous sisters. Greg learned to cook out of necessity IMO. He left home young and was on his own in college and eventually Vegas so he had to learn.

5. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Uggh. Having your internet cut out when you're posting is extremely defeating ... especially with screencaps. But I shall trudge on nonetheless.
    On the topic of Greg having people over at his house ... I can see his apartment being pretty busy. Greg's a social boy--he likes being surrounded by people. I can see him as being someone who doesn't like to be alone. I also think that it'd be adorable if Greg made Nick some omelettes. =D
    I can also see Nick being a good cook, or at least he tries to cook. Maybe Greg needs to give him some private lessons ...
    So today I watched Felonious Monk and Slaves of Las Vegas, and I also made some screencaps. It's all I did today ... yeah, summer is extremely exciting, eh? *sigh*
    Just a note: The pictures are screensize. If your computer is kind of slow ... it may take a while for them to load.
    Felonious Monk
    Enter Greg
    Of course Greg has to smile at Nick ... I mean, who wouldn't?
    Yes Greg, I think Nick noticed you
    Ah, that grin
    Eyeeee sexxxx
    Even more lovely eye sex
    And Greg gets even closer ...

Slaves of Las Vegas
    Of course Nick gets close right off the bat
    Nick ... Greg apparently doesn't like you hovering ...
    What a tease! Greg ... that smile tells all. Of course you like having Nick right up close!
    At least Nicky knows the truth ... Greg wants him
    And for a third time, Nick gets close yet again

And this is for all the Greg fangirls out there.
    Greg and his sunglasses ... sorry it's kind of far away >.<

6. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Thanks my_last_chance! Great screencaps especially the ones from Felonious Monk. I just love the eye-sex! Just found my new wallpaper!

There is no way that they are just friends. Nick would never ever look so dreamily at Warrick or anyone else for that matter. And Greg is such a tease, especially in Slaves of Las Vegas. Telling Nicky to give him some room with that smile on his face. Kind of counterproductive, isn't it? :lol:

7. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Hahahahaha!

Guys im reading Nevada Rose- the CSI book, and so far its not really mentioned Nick at all, Greg yes... However- I think that the book is set during season five or six. There is a cute scene between our boys, and with kermit the frog. Lets just say that even in this book- the only fewparagrahps that they share- its all flirting...

Oh and they both watched Sesame street- hmm maybe they both liked Bert and Ernie... (two men that lived together for years- but shared single beds!)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  8. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Candygirl I think that's really interesting, that, even in the books there is flirting there. It must just be natural for the book writer's, having seen the eps, that Nick and Greg and flirting just go together. I really do think it's interesting.

And love_fan I loved SoLV, and totally agree, Nick doesn't look dreamily and Warrick, Greg doesn't look dreamily at Grissom, or whatever, there's no way they're just friends.

MLC, it totally sucks, I feel your pain after last nights grrrr-ness! Thanks for posting those :) The eye-sex is so hot..

*crosses fingers for no database errors, although this is like only 1/4 of the size of the one I lost...*

9. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Ohh godddd...I think my slashy heart just stopped at the "gay hunks" line there. I'm not sure why.

Okay, so I'm pretty sure most of us agree that Greg was pretty social *with Sofia's "who hasn't [seen Greg's apartment]?" comment to Sara. However, what about after the Demetrius James incident? I dunno about you guys, but I wonder if after all that Greg was a lot more withdrawn, didn't invite many people over to his apartment. And if he was withdrawn, I wonder if he would've let any sort of love interest in, regardless of whether or not it'd be Nick *though my shipper heart would want it to be.*

S: First of all, I wish I could read this. Second, if there's flirting even in books...What does that tell you?

Oh! Someone said that maybe TPTB had thought about making N/G canon but then dropped the idea *can't remember who it was* I think I have to agree with you, there. Maybe in season 1/2 they wanted to, but as time went on and straight women started swooning over Nick *coughmyauntcough* they decided they couldn't lose a large portion of their fanbase by making him gay. *shrugs* I don't know. I'd probably enjoy the show a lottt more by doing that, and I imagine what they lost in straight/vaguely homophobic fans, they'd make up for in new fans. And if they made it canon, I imagine they'd end up with a lot of press coverage and that'd bring in more fans.

And I'm kind of biased, but if I had never heard of CSI: before and then heard that there was a gay couple on it, I would probably look into watching it. It's interesting to see how stuff plays out on big TV stations - what I mean is that the smaller a show is known, the more likely it is to be okay with homosexuality, I think.

Or maybe CBS just didn't want to become "the gay channel," considering they already have ATWT in daytime. But I think audiences are a bit different from day- to nighttime TV.

10. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

There's n/g subtext in books? Oh, nice :D lol. Where can I find one of these books?

I too agree that Greg is a social person and I'm sure he has people round to his place all the time...I can see him being a very good party host, which is probably no surprise. As for after the whole DJ thing...I don't know. He did become more withdrawn but because of that, I can see his friends and co-workers turning up at his place, trying to comfort him, draw him out of it. There's a nice fic on WMTDB about Sofia (I love her...) turning up at his house because he's the only person who's really welcomed her, and she wants to be his friend and help him out. *shrug

Oh yeah. Me too :D But then, I'm always looking for a vaguely slashy slant to anything...I'm like a slash fiend. But I agree it would draw interest. Your theory is probably about right, the really big established shows are so afraid to do anything 'unusual' that might damage their viewing figures/audience. God, if they ever did plan to make them canon and then dropped it...*shakes fist* But, then again, subtext allows us so many possibilities. Just so long as they don't mess it up with pathetic attempts to straighten the guys out

Who was talking about cooking? Sorry I've lost it...I can never decide whether Greg is a brilliant or useless cook. In my fics I swap wildly between him eating ramen and condiments and being really impressive in the kitchen in a mad-scientist kind of way. It's all good!

*cough* chapter five of NLS is up at WMTDB *cough* It may be *splutter* NC17 *ahem*

Nat x

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  11. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

Sweet now we have CSI book subtext. Must go out and buy books asap. Slaves of Las Vegas scene will always be my favorite the LOVE scene me thinks. I love how close Nicky gets before Greggo says anything. if he really did not want him that close he would of said something earlier. Also the grin he gives Nicky when he is so close, is so great. I want more scenes like this in the coming seasons. The subtext will always make me happy even if the writers never make them a canon, actions speak louder then words. "gay hunk" what a fabulous term. Gonna start useing it on a regular basis.

candygirl1uk- Bert and Erine that made me giggle. But makes you think. :D

Sara's Girl- gonna go read you new chappie I'm very excited by the naughtiness, rating. :lol:

12. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Even CSI books with subtext? Awesome! I've been meaning to get a few more books ... why not get one that has one of my passions in it? I guess The Love isn't just for TV anymore.
    Concerning Bert and Ernie ... I was never much of a Sesame gal, I think Big Bird scared me or something, but recently didn't they make Bert and Ernie get seperate houses or something?
    So my parents had gone and absconded with my season one box set last night, and they were watching $35K O.B.O and it was the toe scene, but then Greg just randomly says, "baby."
    Nick: Pulled a couple of hairs off of our male stabbing vic.
    Greg: Okay. Baby. Uh-huh.
    Nick: What?
    Greg: Nine lives.
    Nick: Cat hair?
    Greg: Meow.
    Greg is nothing if not random ... but by the way he says it, I still don't really know why he said it. Anyone have any theories, seeing as how I'm fresh out?
    I'd also like to commend Nicky on having a big enough vocabulary to include 'bogarting' in a sentence. Nicky surprises me sometimes. :lol:

13. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

There is the slitherest of subtextual moments mentioned in some of the books- but if your expecting they become an item lol then nope.

The book - Nevada Rose has very little mention of Nick and Greg in it- supurisingly more mention of Greg than Nick really.

Ahh and dont forget about that computer game where Nick says something about the place being a gay bar? I didnt get the game, but its in there lol.

MsCatherineBrown- I'm glad that you liked my Bert and Ernie- and if anyone has seen Avenue Q- Rod and Nicky are based on Bert and Ernie. And they are gay! Ah but back in the day- 70's they did everything together and shared a house.

Yep well it is true- Nick and Greg are the gay hunks of CSI... But we all know that right?? Can I get a - woo woo!:drool::guffaw:

Sucker- Ahh I didnt mean to make your love heart stop.

Regarding cooking- hmm, probably Nick would be better at it. Greg as we know is a junk food addict. Remeber what Nicky said to Greg just before he stares at his ass. (My banner is from part of that)

Yeah I can see Greg living off nothing but junk and sweets and junk... But as he is getting older, Nick's been having a better influence on him- remember when Nick told Greg not to read surf and sands?- and to read that car magazine- and since then Greg's know a lot about cars?

So our Nick, the senior hunk has a lasting influence over our busy, sometimes erratic, middle of the island, open minded- marlyn manson fun loving ex Lab rat... Greg Sanders

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

When Greg said "Baby" in that scene he was referring to moving off the DNA of the girl who's toes he loved, though. If you watch the whole scene you get that context.

I think now Greg has grown out of the junk food or fast food phase. Of course he may have just eaten poorly on the job and cooked up a storm at home. I'm not sure I see Nick as a great cook either. I think between the two of them they probably cook together, maybe taking turns making their meals.

15. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

Sara's Girl, I have just spent the last two days reading all your fanfics. You are such an amazing writer. And thanks for reviewing mine.

Alright now... I did get the game and yes indeed Nick does say that about the gay bar. I was barely paying attention but when I heard that, I was frozen in shock. And then I was squeeing and my mom gave me the look that clealry said, "My daughter is clearly insane."

I love the scene from $35K O.B.O I dunno. There's something about Greg meowing at Nick...

I also love the ass check. Totally obvious.

cooking...I could actually see Greggo being a good cook. I don't know why. I see Nick more like my dad, all he can make is eggs and steak LoL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.