Anna/Lindsay #5: She Rocks!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Personally I liked the Lindsay angst from season 3, only thing I would have handled differently was her not going to the date in LRC and not calling or coming up with an explanation. But apart from that it was okay to me, and it was believable.

I agree with you, Meg, that a nice mix between angst and fun is great. Like in season 2 (my all time favourite). We saw funny moments and serious moments as well.

There are many things I didn't like in season 4 (not only the way DL was handled), so I won't get started again. :lol: Last season I really liked Boo, because she was finally out of the lab again and Commuted Sentences because it had some lighter scenes and the stuff with the slingshot was great.

2. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Commuted Sentences was my favorite episode of the season by far for Lindsay. (YODO only because of...ok that is off topic :p)

CS was able to bring the light hearted Lindsay that we love so much and it was able to balance the extremely controversial and sensitive subject of sexual predators and how the victims respond. Boo, on the other hand, greatly disappointed me although Lindsay with a gun was awesome! They made work Lindsay kind of boring and dry and I didn't really enjoy as much as I could. I can't remember but was there any of her infamous demonstrations?

MTC, you are so correct in the overkill issue! The writers could of gone so many different and better ways in handling the silly DLR love triangle and it pains me to see that none of the other characters, minus Flack's guy comment about pissing Lindsay off more (which was such a guy thing to do :lol:) and Mac's "be more careful" were aware of what was going on! :rolleyes:

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I was watching some older episodes yesterday and I just loved this scene with Lindsay and Mac when she uses the bow. It's a great scene! I think Megan already posted a pic of it but I had to share more, the excitemen on Lindsay's face and the thrilled sort of 'fatherly' look on Mac's face. Need more scenes like this! Kickass Lindsay!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. eveninstarz14

Not moi that posted those pictures, but AWESOME pictures Kristine! :thumbsup:

I think we just need to give Lindsay her array of weapons (slingshot as well as the bow and arrow) and we are golden! More scenes with her gun would be nice to see as well.

5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

That's right! It'd be great to see her with more weapons. Like you said, with her gun for example, or with a bow, a slingshot, .........

This is such an adorable scene. I totally love Mac's expression in the first pic. :lol: He has fun with his excited colleague.

And Lindsay- do I have to say more? That's what I love about her so much- even shooting with a bow can excite her. Like you said, more Kickass Lindsay, please! :D

6. LME

LME Police Officer

I just love the cheeky twinkle in her eyes ;) in those photos. I really would love there to be more that.

So she got the gun, the bow and the slingshot. But don't forget that she is pretty handy with a knife as well. I'm thinking Zoo York here.

7. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

talking about knives I would like to see her throw one. not necessary at someone but at something. maybe as a part of a demonstration. just to show that our girl is quite dangerous when she sets her mind to it :)

and I love that scene too. Mac is always more likable when he gets all menthory and I like that part of their relationship

as for the Flack/Adam/Lindsay case. it would be cool to see Adam and Linds pour over some evidence and then finally realizing what it is and start to talk science while Flack stands there not really understanding what they are talking about and then asks them to translate from geek to normal speech.

what about a cross bow. or a spear :)

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh, right! I almost forgot! :lol: And this was a pretty big knife. I wonder why she had it with her..........

I agree! I haven't thought about that yet, but you're right. It'd be cool to see her throw a knife at something (of course not at someone :lol: ). Like you said, this would be perfect for a demonstration.

9. eveninstarz14

:lol: You mean like this in regards to the knife?
    [​IMG]

oh the good times! :guffaw:

I happen to love this picture of Mac and Lindsay. It shows how much she really looks up to him. ;)
    [​IMG]

10. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

And again, nice pictures, Meg! :) Thanks for posting them.

Zoo York was a nice episode. I liked the case with the tiger. And the way Lindsay was introduced to the show. It was funny when she was nervous while working with Mac and talked and talked, and called him 'Sir'. :lol: And I liked her short talk with Stella later in the break room. I think, I have to rewatch this episode.

11. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Great pictures! I really miss that happy, smiley Lindsay from season two! Not that she's not happy and everything now, but the writers seem to have taken her character in another direction--one that I'm not sure was a benefit for Lindsay's character. Don't get me wrong, I still love her character, I just wish that the writers would bring back the old Lindsay. (Does that make any sense?) I mean, I thought it was really cool when she tackled that guy in Zoo York and then whipped out a pocket knife in the same episode! We haven't seen either of those things happen since then (or if we have, the times have been really spread out). I'm glad they still have her do her little demonstrations every once and a while. Those always make me smile.

I miss her hair from season two, as well! Her short hair is cute, but longer hair really suited her better in my opinion.

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

you know what gets me a bit, Anna said in her interview in the CSI mag that in "Zoo York" after Lindsay tackles the guy they shot a scene where she was crying but they cut that out b/c it didn't fit the character. it's feels like now the writers are making up for taking that scene out and putting a butt load more scenes like that that are not necessary for the character!!! (** if i make no sense i apologize**)

"Zoo York" is classic in every sense of the word, it's such a good ep. everyone did a fantastic job. the way Lindsay was introduced was great and right from the moment Danny met her he was teasing her.... no better hazing than to have the newbie goof up in front of the boss haha.

CYHMN, CS, and YODO were good eps for Lindsay. her scenes showed her personality from season 2 and so much more added. those got the biggest positive reactions from the fans. i even read in an article online somewhere after YODO aired and the writer loved Lindsay in her "I Rock" scene.

Lindsay goes from the suspect bashing, knife toting, tough chick to this weepy, doubting character.... that's a big change in 3 years and an unnecessary one.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Like I already said, I loved season 2 Lindsay, but I also liked the angst from season 3. It was a nice difference from what we got earlier. What I would have liked- the writers getting back to lighter Lindsay moments in season 4, like they did at the beginning. Unfortunately she got drama and angst again later in season 4.

I think a nice mix of some angst, some fun and some kicking ass would be nice. Give Lindsay more action- not only the guys are able to chase a suspect.

14. Kelleigh

Kelleigh Witness

I would like to see Lindsay get more action with her gun. :p Maybe @ a scene she would need to use and Flack and Danny would be like "Wait a minute I guess she doesn't need us!!:guffaw:

Wow!! I just became a witness. This is my 100th post!! It's also my first post w/ an avatar. I finally figured out how to get one after sooooooooooo long!!!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  15. eveninstarz14

Stupid writers strike ruining all of our fun :scream::brickwall:

I want Lindsay to demonstrate how to use a big rifle gun in front of Danny and Flack and scare the pants off them boys. :lol: Show them (especially Danny) who is boss! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.