George Eads

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, May 19, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>George Eads</font> has been in the news a lot lately, and with good reason. In tonight's fifth season CSI: Crime Scene Investigation finale, "Grave Danger", his character Nick Stokes finds himself in an unenviable position: buried alive by a criminal mastermind who goes toe to toe with Grissom, who is racing against the clock to save his colleague's life. And with the action-packed two hour episode is helmed by none other than famed director <font color=yellow>Quentin Tarantino</font>, there's little doubt that all eyes will be on CBS tonight.

But even before being buried alive, Nick has had a pivotal role in the show's fifth season, as one of the members on the newly promoted Catherine Willow's (<font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font>) swing shift team. Before the hoopla surrounding the finale kicked into high gear, Eads discussed the changes his character has gone through over the last five years and how Nick is adjusting to the new team dynamic.

Though some miss the dynamic that existed when the team worked on the same shift together, Eads found the chance energizing. "I love it. I think that change is good," he said. "Any time you put a cast like this in compromising circumstances or shake it up a little bit, I think we're all pretty close so we draw on real emotion."

Eads admits there was one major drawback: he didn't get to work with cast members he had become close with over the past years any longer. "I just saw <font color=yellow>Jorja [Fox]</font>and <font color=yellow>Eric [Szmanda]</font> and I said, 'God, I miss you guys!' And I don't think I saw <font color=yellow>Billy [Petersen]</font> this whole year. So there are really true feelings there, and we put those on the screen," Eads explains. "That's what makes our show special—the unspoken communication. I like [the team split] but I miss Billy, I miss Jorja. I don't even work with any of the new folks, either."

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full interviews, please click here.<center></center>

2. Guest

Guest Guest

:D YEAH !!!!!!!!! finally the article we have been waiting like a month for. Great article - it just goes to show what a great guy GE is.

3. Moppig

Moppig Rookie

YES an indepth interview with George about CSI. Loved his insight into it. You can really tell he puts a lot of thought not only into character but the CSI world. Go George!

4. Charisma

Charisma Coroner

YAY! THE ARTICLE! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

thanks CSI_FILES! :D

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Indeed about time... I've been waiting the whole season for Nick to take the stage... it looks it will be good.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, that's what I think impressed me the most! It's obvious that George really puts a lot of thought and consideration into playing Nick. He clearly thinks about every little detail when it comes to his character, down to even the smallest line of dialogue. How cool is that?

7. GaelicFreak

GaelicFreak Dead on Arrival

He had make out scene with Catherine! That would've changed the whole series! ...Almost.