Doctor Who!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Apr 15, 2006.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok I haven't really watched Doctor Who much this season but I decided to watch the final. I really loved it and actually knew all the characters. :D :lol: Im so glad that I saw the conclusions of all those different storylines :D

2. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahh see, without giving too much away, thats the beauty of it all, if you havent seen it this series, then the ending can and will mean something... even if you know the characters roughly.

I personally have seen them all, and torchwood....

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I just got to watch the episode. I loved it. Loved it loved it loved it. So many good things to say about it... but I need to watch it again first.

4. luv_danny

luv_danny Prime Suspect

As everyone above said I will not give too much away for those who haven't seen it! BUT OMG! Who else cheered after what happened on the beach but were a little sad? lol!

Loved Jack in it! Why is he still so hot?! Loved the bits that were mentioned about things from previous series. (All I'm gonna say is Gwen! Nothing more!)

AND OMG! Right at the end with whats-her-name (<----see talking in code!). Awwww I cried!

AND (Another) OMG after the credits! Eep! Can't wait for christmas!

"The thrill is in the chase. Never in the capture."

5. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I've been emailed this.

Have some fun for 5 minutes before it drives you nuts :lol:

6. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

LOL Yoshi that's funny. Thank for sharing!

7. Dragonfly

Hahaha. That's great :lol: Thanks for sharing!

8. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Has anyone heard if DT will stay on for S5 in 2010? Heard they were going to offer him 1.5 miillion pounds to do so. That figure doesn't seem quite right i.e. too low but then again this is not Hollywood.

9. Dragonfly

I believe that he is staying on, but S5 will consist of only 4 or 5 episodes/specials.

10. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Thanks, DD. S5 is 2009, yeah? I'm getting confused now. I knew he was saying on for the 4 or 5 speacials in 2009 but was wondering if he has committed full time in 2010 for S6.

11. luv_danny

luv_danny Prime Suspect

Right I believe that he is def doing 4 specials in 2009 including the 2008 christmas special but is only in talks for S5 for 2010. We have to wait and see for the official news! Hope he stays! He's the hottest Doctor ever!

"The thrill is in the chase, never in the capture."

12. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

I cannot imagine who could ever replace David Tennant to be honest. The finale was on BBC3 again this week and even though it was the third time I had seen it, it was still gripping and emotional. The last scene of him in the tardis on his own is just absolutely heart wrenching :( He is an amazingly talented actor that I pity anyone who has to follow in his footsteps and be the next doctor :lol:

13. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

^i know it's hard to imagine anyone else as the Doctor! i remember in a podcast he said he wants to stay longer than what Tom Baker did. i think Baker stayed for 7 years...i'm not sure. but i hope David Tennant can manage that. if not...that's ok i guess, he'll always be my Doctor.

14. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I just started watching Doctor Who and I just love it. At first I was a bit skeptical. You know, Sci-Fi made in Britain and all and I've never heard of it before but than I decided to give Torchwood a change. I loved the first season and bought the first season of Doctor Who. And what a great show that is!! I love the Doctor. He's so funny but can be insightful when it matters. I also like Rose although she makes me crazy at times.
    It's just brilliant and I ordered the second and third season, too. Can't wait to watch more of it. And I can't believe that I didn't give it a chance earlier!!

15. Dragonfly

Hurray! A new Doctor Who fan!

I've converted three friends into fans. All of them were skeptical at first, but they're all addicted now :lol: