The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

wow, so many posts in two weeks. It's taken me hours to read through them all... And I'm trying to get my opinion about every bit in so I guess this is going to be a super long post :D
    I totally agree. Greg didn’t seem impressed by the whole DA thing, and saying to Cath, she forced him to drink wine really doesn’t seem to sound anything like a guy who wanted to be there!! I think Cath knew Greg’s feelings, whether or not they were together, they were well aware of their feelings towards each other, and Cath could definitely see that. A Canon girlfriend would just not be nice… For either of our boys. It’s not worth thinking about. But then again, if it was but there, I agree. BEARD!! Definate beard. I don’t know when Greg dropped his little Sara obsession, but I guess he realised she wasn’t the one he really wanted

I agree with Sara’s_Girl here, I mean, maybe they’d had an argument and it was just like a pissed off with the world evening that made him say it?[/FONT

_____________________________________________________-

OK, I decided now it's just going to take me forever to say everthing about the last 5 pages or so that have happened since I've been away. I've read them all through, but just aren't going to reply to them lol, because I'm just too lazy. I have to say though, I hate the idea of a threesome, just Greg and Nick and that's itI have to say I'm looking forward to reading all these fics :) and I have a lot to catch up with from when I was away, which is great :D[/FONT][/SIZE

And Lynn, I really like the idea of your fic about Miami, and the kid etc etc. As much as the cheating would upset me, I really like the sound of the storyline you got planned :) I really wish I could write a Love fic, but it just doesn't seem to happen. I don't have a problem writing Cath/Sara, so I really don't know why I can't. I just enjoy reading them :D

I'm not sure which season I'd say. I agree season 2 is good for Nick/Greg with the scenes you've mentioned, probably the most over the course of the season. I don't know...

I know how you'll feel Nick/Greg-less, but I'm back now :D

2. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^Season two is a great season for the LOVE. Slaves of Las Vegas is one of my favorites. Poor Nicky is clueless. During that entire scene I bet Greggo is thinking about naughty ways to paint liquid latex on Nicky. Also in that season is The Hunger Artist in which we have the Greggo ass check by Nicky. Ahh the fond memories.

Good to see you bubbles. And I agree with you on the idea of a canon girlfriend, BEARD BEARD BEARD. So no worries. Also I noticed in $35K O.B.O. when Greggo is talking about his date, Nicky asks about her toes. Do you suppose our Nicky has a foot fetish? What a odd question to ask someone about their date. But yet she is just another beard to lead him to his true love. :)

3. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

And I always thought I was the only one who didn't get the "toe-question". What was that all about? And Greg was quite eager to tell him that her toes were perfect. So at least they agree on one thing even though it's weird.

Anyway, welcome back bubbles hope you enjoyed your holidays!

Agreed, any girlfriend would only be a beard! But still, just the thought of it makes me feel all bad.

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I don't mind a beard either, as long as Greg gets to shave it off (once Nick comes to his senses and admits they are together).
    And I think the toe comments were just TPTB's attempt to make the guys seem straight, I think they wanted the viewers to think that Greg saw her toes because he saw her naked, to imply he slept with her.

5. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Thanks guys.

Meh, he wouldn't have slept with her, nooo, that's just not nice to think...
    She was just wearing flip flops ;) I think at that stage they were both coming to terms with how they felt about each other, so talking about other (women) is what they were doing to kinda feel each other out. I don't think I want to see a beard (which is all she'd be of course), but if it brought more Nick/Greg in the future, then I could just about cope. Of course, scenes with our guys without the beard would be the best idea of course :D

6. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Hmm, so we've started talkin' bout beards again, eh? It's interesting 'cause in my mind, whenever I think of a beard, I always associate it with Nick. Greg ... well, he has had no real girlfriend ... ever. It's as if TPTB have forgotten the fact that they don't want anyone doubting his sexuality. Nick on the other hand ... *rolls eyes* well, they always have to try to make the Texan appear straight. What a charade.
    But, of course, a beard's a beard. The Love shall survive to see another day.
    The only way I could see myself losing hope would be if Nick actually married someone and settled down with that woman. If he actually had kids with that woman ... *shudders* okay, train of thought over. That kind of horrific thinking's only good in a very angsty fanfic that ends up happy somehow. It doesn't belong at our happy Fort.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  7. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

^ ^ - those thoughts are just horrible, horrible, nasty, bad thoughts! It just popped into my head the image, and it has to go, now! Bad bad bad.

Anyway, I agree that that's horrible, no more thinking any such thing ;)

I also think it's quite interesting that it's always Nicky associated with getting a girlfriend (beard), and never Greg. I guess, because Greg's bi and Nick's gay (in my books), TPTB are trying to totally straighten Nicky out by putting him with someone. But it obviously won't work, because, duh, he's supposed to be with Greg, and only Greg ;)

Just to add as well, I just saw The case of the cross dressing carp, and wow, I loved Greg's had. A bit upset at no Nick/Greg though... But the hat was hot.

8. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Bubbles - Yeah, I just saw that ep too! Though I missed the hat, sadly.

I think it would be an interesting twist if Greg was the one that had a beard, like he was afraid of being found out, even though he practically is out. This wouldn't really be OOC for him, does this make sense? He acts normal, all crazy with crazy clothes and hair, but is still afraid of being found out. Meanwhile, Nick is actively gay and not hiding anything but he's still seen as straight perhaps because by chance he's never mentioned an ex-boyfriend or none of them have met anyone from work. I'm sure there's a fic out there somewhere like that. lol. There has to be.

I bet they're not trying hard to make Nick look straight, that it just comes out that way completely by accident. Like the events in his life weren't planned. Remember he didn't want to get involved with Kristy at first, but was almost forced to the way she was. Maybe he just felt bad for her and thought one night would make her happy and ah, who knows. I bet the way it ends up on the show really is that Nick's gay and Greg's straight. Wouldn't that be a riot? And, of course, you know how I really stand on this issue with what I really want to happen, but at this point, anything is possible.

I know it's a bit late... but as for best season... I'd just pick and choose the DVDs with the best eps on them. Specially the one with Who Shot Sherlock and Snakes! And Slaves of Las Vegas and Chasing The Bus... oh there are so many. Of course, I'm only thinking of the seasons I own on DVD, which is only 1,2,3, and 5. I can't wait to get 4 some day.

OK, I'm off. Gotta find a job! ttyl! Hey, wait... do you think Eric could use a personal "character writer"? I just made that up. But I am a writer, in need of a job. Right? And this job title that I just created would entail me working with the writers and working in lots of scenes with Eric... of course, I'd make sure to include lots of George too... for obvious reasons... lol. I wish.

9. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

QUOTE]
    I think it would be an interesting twist if Greg was the one that had a beard, like he was afraid of being found out, even though he practically is out. This wouldn't really be OOC for him, does this make sense? He acts normal, all crazy with crazy clothes and hair, but is still afraid of being found out. Meanwhile, Nick is actively gay and not hiding anything but he's still seen as straight perhaps because by chance he's never mentioned an ex-boyfriend or none of them have met anyone from work. I'm sure there's a fic out there somewhere like that. lol. There has to be.
    I bet they're not trying hard to make Nick look straight, that it just comes out that way completely by accident. Like the events in his life weren't planned. Remember he didn't want to get involved with Kristy at first, but was almost forced to the way she was. Maybe he just felt bad for her and thought one night would make her happy and ah, who knows. I bet the way it ends up on the show really is that Nick's gay and Greg's straight. Wouldn't that be a riot? And, of course, you know how I really stand on this issue with what I really want to happen, but at this point, anything is possible.
    [/quote]

Ladies you both raise a good point, however as sad as it is for me to say this, but TPTB will as best as they can make Nick straight.
    We however know that Nick is soo not straight, and yeah Queen I agree with you, that Nick just bumbles his way into stuff without actuarly thinking... Funny that dont you all think that Nick is the only one who had a love scene?
    Correct me if im wrong- as i've only seen that episode only twice... But in the case of say Catherine, u dont see it, or Warrick, or even Sara and Grissom... But however with Nick you actuarly saw it. Not actuarly seeing it, but u knew what was gonna happen.
    RIGHT?

Nope TPTB are trying to make Nick straight.
    Ahh ladies, nothing is by accident on CSI... Nothing.
    Personal opinons on that I will keep to myself, but some of you know my feelings on the whole issue.

With Greg, its always been very ambigious to say the least, because we're never totaly sure of his sexuality. We all clearly think that he is bisexual... But what is he wasn't? I mean what if Greg wasn't bi, and not altogether gay either?

I'm not debating weather the two men are not in love- for they are.

It is just funny that we all know that Nick is Gay. We just take it for granted that Greg is bisexual.

Human sexuality is very very vast, and Greg, it seems, may just not fit one but maybe more...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  10. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

I can't believe I missed the start of thread 20! :(

Le sigh...

I got to visit my mom last weekend. That was fun. :)

Didn't get a chance to read the forum yet, but I will! The summer is taking forever, isn't it?! I want my CSI and my little siblings to go back to school. Thank god my younger sister fails or else she'd graduate this year. Don't feel bad for her, she doesn't deserve it! LOL

Just wanted to say high to my lovers and lovettes and thanks to love_fan for helping me find season 8 clips. I will be working on my video soon. :D

11. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Amen, candygirl! (well, it's not too optimistic, but ciiiiiii... I won't say anything...)

In this part I agree with bubbles about flip flops. Oh c'mon, saying about toes means nothing. It's easy to see them. Even for a second I didn't think that Greg saw this girl naked.

Beards - yeah, cannon girls for Nick or Greg for me can be only beards. Candygirl mentioned this scene with Kristy. Yeah, we saw Nick and no one in the sow had scene like that. That's strange... why only Nick? And about Greg. Well, he really don't need to be bi. Of course the phone scene etc. Maybe he's gay like Nick? Damn, it's really hard subject and very confusing...

12. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

We (Laura and I) *may* have a fic in progress along these lines. Sort of. You'll see, anyway. I always thought there wasn't enough done with that whole situation as regards Nick and Greg. Anyway hopefully it will get finished soon and you can see our take on it ;)

I'm scandalized that you don't have season six. S4 is ok but not that great for Love moments. Did I mention *cough* season six? Haha. It would truly be a shame if a week went by in which I didn't mention season six. :D I love S2 as well though, definitely.

Ok all this talk is veeeeery pessimistic...Nick's straight, Greg's straight? What? *goes round the room feeling foreheads and handing out medication* Call me an idealist, but whatever TPTB may do, I believe in the Love *shrug* I see they may try and straighten Nicky out but I don't believe a second of it. I will continue to believe until someone forcibly stops me. lol.

As for the toe thing...craziness...anyone can see someone's toes. It's warm in Vegas, right? Sandals, people. And to me it just tells me Greg was looking at her shoes :lol:

We are also hoping to get our post-For Gedda fic up before the new season starts because of some of the decisions we've made in it. So watch this space...when that's done I promise to write the Muay Thai fic. And Queen...it's very different to tai chi :D More about that in the imminent PM. lol.

Welcome back, Bubbles! And welcome to hjonathan, glad you made it over here at last!

Nat xx

PS Bubbles...I love Greg in a hat :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  13. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Good point. Cause we just assume that Nicky is covering up his sexuality with beard, by dating women cause hes struggling with his true feelings. But Greggo being bi would mean he would date women and men openly, yet we still get irritated when talks about women. And we see the idea of Greggo with a beard as very odd because of that. We say Greggo is bi cause hes so open about his sexuality where as Nicky is supposable closeted gay because of his mannerisms. Its really all a very confusing idea. Sorry kinda rambled there. But we know for sure that the boys are meant for each other.

To mention the toe thing again, I understand she would be wearing sandals in Vegas. But I still think it was a weird question for Nicky to ask.

14. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

15. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

I didn't say you did! lol. Someone did, though. In my opinion, there's no way he's straight, there are too many giveaway signs. Don't know what he is, just not straight :D lol.

MsCB - Oh, I agree...it's a very weird question! :) I guess I'm just justifying to myself that there's a perfectly good reason Greg might have seen her toes without having to have seen her naked, which is probably what TPTB want us to think *roll eyes at TPTB* Nick says some very strange things sometimes...perhaps he's all flustered by the proximity of the man he loves *drowns in own sappiness*

Ooh...new chapter of NLS will be up tonight. No linkage, but it does contain showers and lab dancing. And yeah, that's lab, not lap. Ahem.

Nat x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.