Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, I think I'm going to have to stay out of this thread, as I don't want to sound whiny or anything. I'm tired of hearing the same thing about Grissom and Sara again and again.

You see I do search for new spoilers all the time and hopefully, when Production starts up again in a couple of weeks, there will be more spoilers.

However, I do know that ALL spoilers are just speculation and NOT fact, until that episode airs.

I'm a fan of the show too and I've always like all the characters, well except Sophia, and it will be nice to see everyone together one more time. I'm actually looking forward to seeing a couple of new characters, it will be interesting to see what happens.

So I'm done with this thread, however, I may lurk at time to time.

Ok, this sounded whiny didn't it. Sorry.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Is she English? If so, I didn't know that. I liked her more as a cop than a CSI. I thought it suited her better. And I think she had friendly chemistry with the others, but I didn't see any romantic chemistry with any of them, personally. But, it would be a little weird if she isn't at least in the crowd scene at his funeral

Anyone heard anything about whether or not Tina will be returning?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  3. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I think there are speculation threads with no spoilers, and there should be a who do we want to see on the show thread...but I'm not a mod...
    Destiny does that stuff belong here?
    I'm not trying to chalenge or fight, but many come here looking for new spoilers, and with little time to weed through stuff that may belong in other threads.

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I think we all do look for new spoilers. Unfortunately, with it still being hiatus, there's not been much of late.

I do agree, I'm tired of hearing the same recycled dreck about Sara and Grissom and their majikul lurv affayre. OKay, we get it, she's coming back, and for more than one episode! Now let's talk about something else we're not sure of.

What I'm most tired of is one topic of conversation being dominant and one or two people monopolizing the content of the thread.

I know that this thread is for spoilers and discussion of said spoilers. I don't know if it should be like Pabzi suggests and we do like the New York forum, where there's one thread for spoilers only, and another for spoilers/discussion of said spoilers. That might cut down on some of the discontent.

Personally, I like the discussion factor, so long as everyone gets to say their peace, but I do understand people's frustration. There's been a lot of fighting and a lot of posting of off topic/repeated material.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Okay, so uh...I guess I'm one of the fans who "whine about new spoiler news". I don't need to go out and find it. Just because there isn't any doesn't mean we have to post the old stuff over and over. I believe Destiny mentioned that a short time ago.

And please, if I ever start to gush and spew hearts in here over Nick, go ahead and call me out on it. There's a place for that, and that's where it stays.

People shouldn't feel like they have to stay away from the thread.

I hope Destiny will be along with the hose soon to cool things down (again!).

6. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

IMO, Gushing and Spewing hearts and other stuff is cool, Just so long as it's not the one topic of conversation. Like you said, there's a place for that.

What irks me is when one person/character dominates. I'd rather have conversations about who we'd like to see back and different things that have been revealed about the upcoming season, like the whole Serial Killer Genes thing, rather than "ooh, Sara's coming back" "Lady Heather will be back" times Infinity.

BTW, just to keep current spoilers coming, I know it's been said that the new character with "serial Killer DNA is going to be named S.J. O'Reilly, well according to Wikipedia, the S.J stands for Stanly James. Supposed to appear in episode 7. That's everything I know.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^Interesting spoiler about the name.

But Wikipedia has been wrong before. They once had a spoiler that Debra Messing from 'Will and Grace' was going to be on the show and that didn't fan out.

Speaking of O'Reilly-boy do I miss him!!! He was sooo cooooll

Smokey and SpeedyStokes, you two never, ever sounded gushy or whiney. I've sounded whiney so maybe I just need to get some cheese for my whine. I'll watch one of George Ead's old movies to get the cheese factor..

God I'm glad it's August and they will be bahk!!!

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I did post it on Page 8 of this thread. I recommend folks click that link and re-read. ;)

As to posting over and over again is frowned against, is because it can be considered Spamming by the rules of the board, if you are new and come in and say hey did you know... then someone says "Thank you, but its posted [insert link to it] already." that isn't spamming, but we do recommend that you read through the thread or at least the second post on page one to see if its already there.

Just to add in for those who do not know what Spamming is: You can't post the same thing multiple times on the board, or post the same thing over and over in a certain thread or forum.., there is more to it and can be see at that link provided of the board rules. Hopefully this helps out some. I think this also answers pabzi's question as well.

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Holy crow! Vartann coming back...that definetly makes the outlook of the new season easier to digest.

I think Sofia coming back for Warrick's funeral would be enough to justify her leaving all of a sudden.

Also LH, though I am excited for Meliada to reprise the character, I think it's safe to say that she won't be as confident and powerful when we were first introduced to her. Sadly she has become a emotional shell of a women and will more than likely be how we left her. But if she has made a turn around and is partly like how she was, that would make things a lot better as well.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I still can't help but wonder if he's gonna be related to that cop named O'Reilly. I liked him he was funny/sarcastic. Not as much so as Brass, but still... I wonder if he'll return for Warrick's funeral.

11. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

The producers and writers really need to put some more thought into the character's names. If Chris Owens hasn't started filming his role yet, hopefully its not too late to change his characters name. Why not just Stanley as the first name and James as the Last name? We've already had a cop named O'Reilly and a new CSI named Riley. They need to start comparing notes more often.

The more I read about the character thought, he doesn't seem like a Dexter knock-off, just as someone who is conscious of what he's made of and is determined not to be simply the sum of his parts.

One another note based completely on my own speculation, what do you think the odds are that Wendy will be a CSI by the end of the season? Even with the additions of Riley and SJ, they're still one short. Didn't Wendy mention in "You Kill me" that she was thinking of taking the field test?

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well one of the spoilers is that Wendy is in training to be a CSI this season.

And as for that character's name...spoilers are always subject to change. There is a good possibility that name will not stick with the new male character.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Wikipedia could be wrong, because as far as I know, the writers don't return to work to start writing scripts for episodes 5- and beyond till later this week, maybe next week. I believe. So they might not even have a character name, just what the character's about. Now, it's still possible, however I think I remember hearing that the character would be introduced in the 2 episodes leading up to Billy's departure, so that would make it episode 8 & 9, or 9 & 10. I'm not sure on that. :lol:

I don't really go by Wikipedia, just for the fact (and I've said this a thousand times so people may feel that I'm beating a dead horse lol) that it can be edited by anyone and everyone and sometimes they'll just edit to edit. Just to put random stuff on there.

I think though that this new character sounds a lot like the killer from CSI: Miami's episode "Born to Kill." From the set of one show of the franchise to another? lol

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Hate to double post, but we have ~spoilers~. I'm in this week's Ask Ausiello btw!

Question: Please set the record straight. Is Jorja Fox doing just the season premiere of CSI, or will she be in additional episodes? — Shane
    Ausiello:
    I don't want to give away the exact number, so let's just say she's doing two more than Gary Dourdan and seven less than William Petersen.

15. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

In that case, three. More than enough.

Vgaslights, from spoilers that you read, have you heard anything about what case Vartann will be working on in the episode that he is in? I vaguely remember there being two cases...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.