Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leave, Larry Fishburne In *No Spoilers* Closed

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by addictedtoSpeed, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Who Will Fill Grissoms Position???

Too bad Kevin Bacon probably wouldn't do a tv show. :lol:

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

No direct e-mail address. I just went to the "User Feedback" form on the CBS site, selected "CSI" and filled it in: http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

3. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

Thanks. I've done exactly that. Not really expecting a response, but still hoping it gets read!

4. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Re: Petersen leaves CSI for good

I personally am somewhat happy he's leaving. It's bittersweet. It gives the other actors an oppoutunity to shine, yet the show will lose its lead actor. He had a good run. I just hope they don't make the season Grissom Centered simply cause he's leaving.

5. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

If anyone ever does a remake of the Hitchcock thriller "Rope", BP would be perfect for the Jimmy Stewart character.

6. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

Without Mr. Peterson, CSI-LV will never be the same again.
    Well, that just me. Thanks for the wonderful years/seasons of CSI.
    I just hope that they (whoever they are) would give credit to his character when he finally closes his door at csi.
    You'll be missed, terribly.
    Good luck to your future endeavor, sir.

7. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

I'm still hoping he'll do it, especially since I love Ellroy and I would really like to see him do something current. It's hard to judge his acting ability by the 10-year old films he's done. He showed more skill in the first 2 seasons of CSI than in his previous 10 years of film work. His real talent is in live performance. Once you see him on stage, you understand why he wants to get back to theatre... it's truly where he belongs. After several seasons (with the exception of S7) of not much for Grissom to do, I've come to terms with his departure. And S10 is opening with a good chance for some parting drama.

At least if he's back in Chicago doing theatre I can see him occasionally. IMO two hours of him on stage is equal to 200 hours of CSI. :)

8. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

as i said in another thread. i am still very pissed at william leaving.
    i don't watch as many repeats as I used to. this used to be my favorite show.
    with sara, william and warrick gone. this ain't my favorite show anymore. and that is sad to me. i have loved this show for so long. and its like losing a friend.

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Okay...:wtf:

The way I feel about it is, every show goes through some kind if change. Sometimes it's writers, producers, etc. But sometimes, it's the people we are used to seeing every episode. Change happens. Now whether it's good change or bad change can be argued about all day, but it was bound to happen. I say good bye and good luck. Even though he's leaving the show, he will still be known as the lead actor in one of the most captivating and underrated TV shows that pop culture has seen in a while. If he has the will-power to leave a show that he has put blood, sweat and tears into, then more power to him. William Petersen isn't one of those actors that just disappears off the radar. He'll be back. Whether it's in front of the lens or behind it, or even on stage for that matter, we'll be seeing WP again.:)

Only time will tell how the show will respond without him.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree, kimbo. I get why people are upset. I love the guy too. However, this news doesn't surprise me in the least because he's been saying that for years. The only thing that really surprises me is the timing of it all. I would have thought that he would have stayed on for at least a whole season longer after the show had already lost Jorja and Gary. But, that's just me. He's got to do what he feels is best for him. Follow his heart, so to speak... which in this case seems to be theater. So, I wish him the best of luck. :)

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I didn't even think about that!:eek: The timing is kind of lousy! But, only great shows survive despite all the changes going on. That's my excuse. It makes me feel better! haha:lol:

12. jetlink

jetlink Victim

I THINK THAT IT IS A SHAME THAT PETERSEN IS LEAVING CSA

13. jetlink

jetlink Victim

I MEANT TO SAY CSI

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

jetlink hi, I would just like to remind you or inform you if you didn't know that double posting (ie back to back posting) is frowned upon here, if no one has posted after you and you would like to correct or add something to your post you can do so by clicking the "Edit" button, you have upto 24 hrs to edit your posts. For further information please see the "Help Guide" we have posted here in the LV forum. Thanks. ;)

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I know a lot of Billy fans will be mad at me for saying this, but I'm still quite angry at him for leaving the show. I'm also angry at Gary and Jorja.

Why couldn't they just finish the show all together? Why does the show have to end (and it will end, probably after this season or the next unless a miracle occurs) with half a cast.

It just floors me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.