Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

On the last page - I posted the rules to the shipper threads. I would like everyone to go read them. I feel like I have had to come in here a lot to remind you of things. I am here again to remind you now about the 3 line on topic rule.

-everybody needs to keep in mind that posts in Shipper Central must contain at least three lines of on topic posting. Please keep this in mind when posting.

2. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Er...probably my fault sorry!!! *cough*

Anyway, this season I don't know if I would rather them proclaim their love for each other in the very first episode or not. I do like how they've built it up, but I don't want to wait too long! Maybe they'll have a special episode where they flirt a ton and at the end he asks her out or something. I would smile. :)

3. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Sorry... *hangs head* I'll do better I promise.

On to my E/C thought. I want them to work towards getting together, but realistically if it happens too fast then they have no where to go but down. I think the struggle for them to get together and acknowledge how they feel for each other is the most interesting part of the journey.

I know, I know I want them together ASAP, but for the sake of the story I think it needs to play out over the entire season...

Thoughts??;)

4. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

^^ You're absolutely right. As fun as it would be for us for them to get together soon, it might turn boring pretty quick. Hopefully they'll have some flirty moments and then they'll run through the field of flowers.
    It's gonna happen.
    Just you watch.

5. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I apologize.

I think that EC is going to happen at the middle or at the end of the 7th season. Writers will have to work really hard not to make it boring once they are together. I would rather wait a bit more for their relationship, then have them brake up after 2-3 episodes together.

6. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I have a question....Where does "Do it For Us" come from?

7. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

It comes from a line in "Down to the Wire" where Calleigh got in trouble with Stetler for having the "cheat sheet". Eric wanted to admit the list was his, but she wouldn't let him. She asked him to catch the killer and said "Do it for us." to him. It was sweet, and such a great Eric/Calleigh moment. :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  8. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

Why are the rules being so strongly enforced all of a sudden? We've gone years without ever causing a major catastrophe on these forums, so why the sudden tightening of the reins? Frankly, some people can say more with one line than others will say with five paragraphs. I can understand trying to reduce SPAM, but it seems to me the opposite is being achieved by cluttering up the thread with these reminders.

The rules themselves are ambiguous and confusing:

"If you don't like a ship and feel compelled to say why, do it dispassionately and with respect for those who might."

"Discussion in each thread should be limited to the ship it pertains to. Brief, on topic mention of other ships is allowed (for example, if you are discussing a double date between two pairings)."

As we cannot discuss other ships in our own thread, does that mean we are to "dispassionately" do so in that specific ship's thread? No, of course not, as per the following rule:

"Trolling will not be tolerated. Do not go into another thread merely to disparage the pairing shipped there."

So where exactly are we to "dispassionately" discuss ships that are not our own? I vaguely recall a general ship discussion thread but the problem with that is obvious: we can't speak passionately about our own ship like we can in here. Jake and Calleigh's relationship status directly affects the status of Eric and Calleigh's relationship, so how do you suggest we walk that line?

Anyway, just so I'm not breaking yet another rule, here's three lines of on-topic discussion:

I was re-watching Death Grip for the billionth time and I can't get enough of that scene after they find that Hispanic girl's remains. It is still my favorite EC scene of all time, though the one at the end of All In is a very, very close second.

I'm so excited to see what Corey Miller's said about EC development in the next season. This is totally it, guys. I'm seriously going to watch their first kiss until my eyeballs bleed.

And um, does anyone want to write some smut?

9. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I agree the scene from Death Grip is a great moment for E/C. Other than All In, I love the scene in the Ballistics lab after Calleigh set it on fire. The holding of hands. Such a simple gesture but it said so much about their trust in each other. A great scene...;)

I wish someone would write some smut...:censored:

Any takers?:rolleyes:

10. delko2calleigh

delko2calleigh Witness

Aww thanks yeah had someone make it for me:lol::p I would make it shitty haha.

But I still cant believe it is getting closer to Septmeber it is August in a few days! Only 1 month till I start grade 11 *Sighs*

11. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Why are the rules being so strongly enforced all of a sudden? We've gone years without ever causing a major catastrophe on these forums, so why the sudden tightening of the reins?

I can say that I have only been in this forum for a few days - so I don't know how it was done in the past.

Frankly, some people can say more with one line than others will say with five paragraphs. I can understand trying to reduce SPAM, but it seems to me the opposite is being achieved by cluttering up the thread with these reminders.

This I agree with. Sometimes 1 liners are appropriate and I would never put a reminder out there if this was the case. The one liners however were not on topic and were getting pretty chatty.
    As long as they are contained with a lot of posts that are on topic - I won't be sending out reminders and cluttering up your thread.

The rules themselves are ambiguous and confusing:

"If you don't like a ship and feel compelled to say why, do it dispassionately and with respect for those who might."

"Discussion in each thread should be limited to the ship it pertains to. Brief, on topic mention of other ships is allowed (for example, if you are discussing a double date between two pairings)."

As we cannot discuss other ships in our own thread, does that mean we are to "dispassionately" do so in that specific ship's thread? No, of course not, as per the following rule:

"Trolling will not be tolerated. Do not go into another thread merely to disparage the pairing shipped there."

So where exactly are we to "dispassionately" discuss ships that are not our own? I vaguely recall a general ship discussion thread but the problem with that is obvious: we can't speak passionately about our own ship like we can in here. Jake and Calleigh's relationship status directly affects the status of Eric and Calleigh's relationship, so how do you suggest we walk that line?

All i will say in this -

~ Shipper Central is designed to be a FUN place for people to discuss their favorite FICTIONAL pairings. Shipping is NOT life or death - it's fun AND it's fiction. So, let's please not take things so seriously. If someone doesn't like your chosen pairing, SO WHAT? You do and that's all that should matter.

~ We expect EVERYONE to have RESPECT for the other posters in this forum and their ships. Treat other ships the way you want everyone to treat your ships.

~ To quote TBonz - "Insulting couples (characters) and/or real life actors. DON'T. If you don't like a ship and feel compelled to say why, do it dispassionately and with respect for those who might."

If you do need to talk of another ship - please do so respectfully and be brief about it.

Here is the link to the Great Ship Debate.

Now - let's post and have some fun! :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I was thinking about what Corey said and I can't really figure out what that means...

I think this is for spoiler box now. He said they will be exploring their feelings, but what does that mean? I wonder what kind of scenes we are going to get. As much as I would like them to have a hot, up against the wall scene, I doubt that's gonna happen, so what are we going to get? Any opinions?

13. MCRLuver

MCRLuver Victim

Re: Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: Name to come

great pic adorelo.

this is my fav ship. i'm not sure if they will ever get to gether on the show but in my dreams and fics they are. I think they make the perfect couple, they know each other so well and been together and through so much over the years. they are a beautiful couple. i really dislike jake too, so i'd rather see calleigh with eric than jake anyday.

14. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

Re: Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: Name to come

Okay, so I just bought the CSI magazine, and they are having the CSI: Miami awards. I was looking at the categories and one of them is the Most Romantic Moment, one thought jumped into my head, Eric and Calleigh!! So I was thinking we should all decided the most romantic E/C moment and all vote for the same one!! Also, in order for your vote to count, you have to vote for all 20 categories, but I think we all really want an E/C moment to be voted to most romantic, right??
    So what do you guys think??

If you guys want I can list the categories, so you guys can vote and give you the email that's on the magazine, but I think we should all vote for the same E/C romantic moment; that way there will be more votes for that!

15. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I bought the same issue. (I wanted the interview with Adam Rodriguez). I think that is a fabulous idea. Which moment comes to your mind. I'm thinking the end of "All In". What about you??:)

I think that they will begin to experience even more emotional intimacy. They trust each other implicitly, but I think they will move closer and closer to the "L" word. THAT is a big step for Cal. I think she will be more likely to grow ever closer to Eric because he doesn't press the physical side of things.

Just my two cents...:rolleyes:

I'm sending out my plea: Does anyone feel like writing any smut. It's the summer slump after all...:p

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.