Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Are they really pushing Riley that much? I haven't noticed. :confused:I agree though. I hope whoever they bring in doesn't ruin it, meaning she doesn't screw up the dynamics of the show. It's always dangerous to mix a character into the group when the others fit so well together. I think it will work.:thumbsup:

I agree GregNickRyanFan. Nick really should discover it was the undersheriff. That would be amazing! Does anyone know anymore about the series premiere? Is it just strictly about Warrick or is there another case they are solving?:confused:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think they are really pushing Riley that much. All we've really heard about her is what ep she'll appear in (2 or 3) first and that she works one case with Nick and one with Cath... and that some suspect lies to her cause he likes her. Which has me saying "huh"? :lol: And theres been a little blurb about her personality... she doesn't take herself too seriously or something like that. But, so far it doesn't sound like she'll be dominating the screentime. :lol:

And I'm not sure about "For Warrick". All we've heard really is that Nick finds him, Greg cancels his publishers meeting, Sara returns, etc... I don't think they've mentioned there being another case in the ep.

3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Oh thanks for the info.:thumbsup: I've been a little out of touch with some of the spoilers. As for Riley, until we hear more about her, I think I'm gonna be a bit of a fence sitter. I'm not sure if she's rubbing me the right way yet or what!:lol:

I desperately need more spoilers! I'm sure I'm not the only one.:scream:

And the miniature killer is coming back?! Behind bars or did she escape?!:confused:

4. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

Not sure how 'official' this is, but it's at least the third different place I've read it today...

It seem Wikipedia is listing Chris Owens (Agent Jefferey Spender of X-Files fame) as the series star and as regular beginning with episode 7 of season 9 playing a character named S.J.

I remember reading the the new guy would overlap with Gil for a few episodes.

Is it possible that we've found CSI's new leading man?

see below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI:_Crime_Scene_Investigation_(season_9)

or here..

http://www.tv.com/csi/show/19/spoil...gs.html?page=428&tag=board_topics;page_last;0

or here (on CBS's own meassage boards...they're usually pretty quick to yank threads with bad information)

http://boards.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=21&nav=messages&webtag=cbscsimb&tid=12952

I had a feeling that they weren't going to nab a Hollywood A-lister, and truth be told, if this information is correct, I'm kinda glad. While the show needs new blood, I didn't want to see the remaining cast get completely overshadowed.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

"ART IMITATES LIFE" EP. 9X03. Sara goes to visit the husband of the girl who was in a vegative state in this ep. from "To Tough To Die"~

ART IMITATES LIFE

6. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

oh thats great! i always hoped that they would go back to that ep. she was SO emotionally involved, and that effected her, i'm kind of glad that the lady didn't survive, that way Sara can get some closure instead of trying to save her again...and it says that Warrick is definately dead...i cannot believe that it came to that! but GD had a say in it so there must be a legitimate reason for his agreement in killing off his character...
    and since Ecklie is 2 CSI's short and hires one, that means he's still one short, he COULD let Sara work a few cases, because he's not that hard to convince remember is S/5, Nesting Dolls when he wanted Grissom to fire Sara but Grissom said no, Ecklie gave in pretty damn quickly lol he might do it again if the whole team is up his a$$

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I looked at his imdb page. Man, he looks like a baby.

Very young looking, but looks like he'd could be a perfect cast for the *potentional serial killer*.

8. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

the killer from Art Imitates Life's imdb page? what's his name?
    :confused:

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

but the thing is, she just walked out on the job. so is no longer employed there. they would have to suspend all reality to have her working cases again. i am kind of interested to see what they do with her for 3 episodes. since the focus of the show is the cases, i wonder how they will work her into the storylines if she cannot be involved with cases.

10. GregNickRyanFan

So, now we have an O'Reilly and a character named Riley. What is tptb fascination with the name riley/rilley? :lol: Why do both new characters have to have that in their names? Why didn't they just keep her name as Bryce (I liked it better anyway). And I hope to God they change the first name. "SJ" does not sound good to me at all. How about "CK"? :lol:

I kept thinking of that cop named O'Reilly that they had on the show before in earlier seasons, but I guess not. That first link says this new guy plays "S. O'Reilly" which made me think of that kind of shorter cop with that flattop hairdo. His name was O'Reilly too and I wanna say he was a seargent. I wonder if this new guy is supposed to be related to him (son perhaps?). That first link says this Chris Owens guy was born in 1961, so that clearly can't be the cop O'Reilly that's been on there before. :lol: That guy was probably around Brass' age. :lol:

Haha, it says he was on an ep of "The Net" which Eric Szmanda was in and also an ep of "Mutant X" which Lauren Lee Smith (Riley) was in. :lol: talk about your ties that bind. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  11. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

you guys... just putting this out there..
    this is going to be a very heavy season :(

12. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

13. csi_kristen

csi_kristen Hit and Run

I hope Ecklie's not actually gonna be in the credits. :lol:
    But yeah, I think this'll be one of the most emotional seasons yet. Hopefully they don't over do it, what with all the things going on in the spoilers alone.

As for this new guy, I don't like him. :/ But I don't like the idea of anyone replacing Grissom.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

UH, they'll work her into CSI, not particulary on the cases, she came back for her friend, her team mates, and her live-in-lover Grissom, so maybe she'll just be there for him, in whatever capacity, and them, and as of now she's scheduled for at least 6 episodes not 3!

more *spoiler* info.

FOR WARRICK

Stokes finds Brown slumped over the wheel of his car after he hears the shots. Greg cancels his publishers meeting as he hears the news. A devastaed Grissom calls Sara when he finds out. As the team grieves, Warrick's killer Undersheriff, McKeen is investigating the murder.[low-life-scum bag] With the night shift two men down Conrad Ecklie hires a new CSI, in the form of a pretty young thing Bryce Adams [Lauren Lee Smith] Sara takes the first flight from San Francisco, but as she arrives in Vegas she can not get into the crime lab, as she is no longer a PO. Sara & Grissom try to get Sara a job as a lab-tech, with little success! as always this is subject to change! *SPOILER*

http://csi.wetpaint.co/page/Other+Spoilers

15. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: This made me laugh. Not exactly the words I'd choose to call him. I wouldn't be that kind. hehe. :D

Wait, I'm :confused:. Did they change her name back to Bryce or is this just an older episode summary? I hope they change it back to Bryce. It suits her better. Plus, if the new guy is gonna have the last name of O'Reilly, then her first name shouldn't be Riley. That's just confusing. :lol:

As long as Ecklie stays as nice as he was in "For Gedda", I won't mind too much. :lol:

I'm still not convinced this is Grissom's "replacement". I think this is more like Warrick's replacement. I think they'll go with a bigger name for Grissom's "replacement". I mean, think about it... they go from thinking of big names such as John Malkovich and Laurence Fishburne to this guy (Chris Owens) whom I had never heard of before (and I'm sure most people who didn't watch Xfiles don't know him either). I mean sure, I probably saw his guest role on Mutant X, but I don't remember him and I sure didn't know his real name. :lol: He looks like he isn't too bad looking though, but imdb only had one pic of him and it was kind of from the side view. :lol: He looks kind of cute. :lol:

It's too bad they can't get Rory Cochrane. I doubt he'd return to full time CSI franchise, but it'd be cool if he did. Think about how many more viewers that would pull in. All of those who watch Miami (but not LV) and loved Speedle would probably flock over to LV just to see him again. :lol: And is it just me or did he and Keppler kind of look similar? The thing is... when Grissom/Billy left briefly for those few eps and they brought in Liev to play Keppler, they nailed it. He was the perfect person to cast. I'm sure a lot of people were familiar with him just because of the Scream movies. But, he was perfect. I think to replace Grissom this time they'll get someone just as perfect. And I just don't know if this Chris Owens guy is a big enough name to pull in more viewers or to keep viewers from straying from the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.