Danny & Rikki - But This Is My Shirt

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by xPORCELAINDOLLx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. MCRLuver

MCRLuver Victim

hello, i'm new to the board and I saw this ship. I didnt know anyone shipped these two. I belong to another board and they dont ship them there, but i like the ship. even though danny cheated on lyndsay for rikki, it was kind of an understandable situation. he is holding a lot of bed feelings and guilt for what happen to her son. i like him and lyndsay together but him and rikki are good too.

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm happy about that, because...
    IF they go that route, have Rikki come back pregant, then is Danny really with her because he loves her and wants to be with her, or is it out of obligation and he's really in love with *gasp* someone else and is 'stuck' being the father. :eek: :scream:

Don't get me wrong, I giggle at the idea of Danny swaddling a newborn up to his very definded chest or just holding a tiny baby in his strong arms. :drool: The issue isn't if Danny would be a good, caring, attentive father. Because despite all his immaturaty, he would be a great father. The issue is if Rikki comes back pregnant, will Danny be with her because of that fact or because he really does care about her. :confused:

I really like to see her come back because Danny means so much to her! And being away from him made her realize that she actually LOVES him. :D

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Very true indeed! That's exactly what they did last season before the premiere ... they practically fooled everyone into believing Danny and Lindsay were in a 'happy relationship where everyone knew it', and it turned out to be the complete opposite. So yeah, it is still possible Rikki may return pregnant, what with Ausiello saying 'he may end up eating his words'. :lol:

Agreed. Look at his face as he watches Rikki walking away from him:

[​IMG]

That is not the face of a guy who's glad/relieved to see her go, that's the face of a guy who's getting torn up inside at having to say goodbye to someone he evidently cares very deeply for. And hey, I won't blink an eye should it turn out that he's fallen in love with her and he goes searching for her because he's really missing her after she's moved away.

Heheh, that's just a speculation in the spoiler thread. There's no mention of any ex-husband in any official spoiler as yet. As for a trial, no mention of that in any spoiler either, so the reason for her return is still up for debate! :cool:

:lol: Whether Danny cheated on Lindsay or not is still very much a hot debate at the NY section of this board. As of now, we still don't know whether they were even in a relationship to begin with, if Danny's :wtf: face when Lindsay told him to 'not treat her like a clingy, shallow girlfriend' was anything to go by.

Believe me, I feel your pain. :lol: The latter was pretty much my worst case scenario speculation if Rikki returns pregnant. So now that she probably won't be ... I can't wait to see if Danny and Rikki meet again because they miss each other and have a lot of feelings to discuss and share! :)

Yes, exactly! :D :D :D

4. MCRLuver

MCRLuver Victim

those are amazing pictures everyone. I love danny and danny shirtless is such a huge plus. I really hope rikki and danny get together for real and good. I think they make a good couple and they need each other.

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I think anyone who says otherwise about the latter would be a liar. :lol: Who doesn't think Danny shirtless is a huge plus to the show? :devil:

And speaking of shirtless Danny ...

[​IMG]

There's Mr. Messer Omelette doing his thing! I noticed his omelette masterpiece has tomatoes and mushrooms. Did anyone else notice other ingredients (apart from the eggs and milk, of course)?

[​IMG]

I dunno why but his expression in this screencap cracks me up sometimes. This was right after Rikki tells him 'last night was just sex'. Pretty obvious Danny doesn't believe it, if their kissing and sleeping together again is anything to go by. ;)

[​IMG]

6. ladyhunter

Well THAT ^^ picture says it all. I mean look at the tenderness between them, the way they are holding each other, and the fact he teased her about being in his shirt, his favorite shirt.

Their reunion (if done right) will also be so hot :drool:
    And...
    Do you think Rikki gave back Danny's shirt? Did he give it to her as some sort of rememberance? << AWWW wouldn't that be sweet? ;)

Oh, Kimmychu I think one of the other ingredients in the Omlette Masterpiece was feta cheese. That's what it looked like in the clip anyway. ;)

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Whoa, wait, his favorite shirt? :eek: Huh, how did I miss that detail! I think I'll watch the scene later and see what he ... said about his shirt. :devil: I definitely recall him telling Rikki it's his shirt she's wearing (which is darn hot already!) and that he 'needs it back'. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Awwww, indeed, the idea is sweet. :) Actually, I can totally see Danny letting Rikki have his shirt and not say a word about it so she'll keep it. From what I remember, as Rikki was coming out of Danny's bedroom, she was picking out various pieces of clothings as she went from the bedroom door to the couch. :devil: So that means they were already kissing and divesting each other of their clothes from the living area to the bed, like they couldn't even bear to wait being in the bedroom first. :devil:

She sure didn't mind wearing Danny's shirt, even when Danny pointed out that she had it on, so I can definitely see her keeping it and Danny having no qualms about that. :D

Nice! Thanks for the info.

8. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Wow. I can't believe I haven't posted in here in a few days.

I just wanted to register my happiness about TPTB not bringing Rikki back pregnant. It just had bad soap opera written all over it.

The cool thing is that if she's not coming back pregnant, then they have time to build on the sweet foundation the already have. There's already enough love and caring between the two of them to have a nice solid relationship. If they want to bring a baby in later, that's cool too, but then it would be for love, not for obligation to a child, which never works out well, IMO.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen Danny look at anyone with that much caring and love. Not even his brother Louie, and not even Flack, whom he trusts implicitly. That says something right there.

Oh, and BTW, you KNOW that Danny let her keep the shirt. I'm sure she took it with her when she moved....And will have it when...you know.

Question: Does anything spoilerish still need to go in a box? I didn't put mine in one because there were already similar posts not in boxes...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Agreed wholeheartedly! It would be wonderful to see their relationship develop at a good and solid pace, and should there be a baby later, indeed a baby out of love would be perfect. I can see TPTB writing that, especially if they decide to make Rikki a permanent recurring character later on.

Just imagine how awesome it would be when Danny and Rikki meet again and he asks her whether she still has his shirt, and he smiles when she smiles and says yes. :D

About spoilers, nah, I think everyone knows Rikki is likely not returning pregnant by now. :lol: For future spoilers, yeah, but not for Rikki not coming back pregnant.

Heh, something related to Danny/Rikki ... I wrote a story called Scent of Love that's still in progress. :) It's technically my very first fanfiction with a het pairing as the main one.

10. ladyhunter

Yes, very glad Rikki isn't coming back pregnant. That would just be WWWAAYYY to much drama. Sounds like Danny and Rikki both have had enough drama in their lives.

Now, bring them together because they have fallen in love with each other, well there is a good storyline (if again, it's not too overdone) CSI NY is still a show about police work and evidence gathering.
    But it is nice to see some aspects of the characters lives outside of work.

Such as, how Danny and Rikki would be when they got back together. He would tell her about his job and his family life. She could tell him about hers, etc...

I really agree with that :D

11. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I'm my experience surprise pregnancies and what not are never the best of plot devices. :S And I hope they don't go that route, mostly because I think having to buckle down into more harsh responsibility than Danny already deals with would ruin some of what I love Danny for. I'd really hope they'd put off changing him and his life that drastically until the show is much older, if ever.

That said, I'm buzzing with excitement to see Rikki come back, especially if she and Danny continue their relationship in anyway. It's a little more real to me when they don't automatically hook up all the coworkers.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Honestly, I'll applaud TPTB just for going for a simple 'Danny and Rikki have fallen in love with each other and want to give a relationship a go' plot. Carmine and Jacqueline have more than proven themselves to be fantastic together on screen with so much chemistry, so I have no doubts about them pulling off a storyline like that. :) Yeah, I wouldn't want it to overwhelm other characters or cases either. Main characters like Flack and Hawkes have been shafted long enough as it is! Even I will balk if the writers end up shafting them again due to another romance plot.

A surprise pregnancy, no, that would not be a good thing especially if it's twisted into an 'obligation' thing. However, it is very possible for Danny and Rikki to want a baby later on should they end up in a long term relationship, when they're ready. It's also very possible for him to have a family and still have exciting things happen to him. ;)

That's part of the draw for me to Danny/Rikki, a glimpse into life outside of the labs and investigations, a chance to see a personal side of Danny that doesn't involve his work in any way, as well as seeing life in NYC through the eyes of someone who isn't a CSI. The last one alone already intrigues me ... I watch CSI:NY for NY, ya know? It'd be nice to actually see NYC without it being associated with murders and death now and then. :lol:

Anyways, more pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ladyhunter

Those pictures always make me drool :drool: but anytime there is a shirtless Danny who wouldn't drool? :p ;)

I agree with both of you Kimmychu and roximonoxide
    about Danny and Rikki. It's nice to see people outside the lab and how much different someone can be away from their job. If you think about it, Danny sees so much death and violence, wouldn't it be a good idea to have someone who doesn't work with him to talk to? Rikki is a mature person who would be able digest and give a totally different prospective of each sitation because of the fact she doesn't work at the lab. ;)

I also come with a song. :D This is the third place I've posted it, but I think it fits them with her coming back to him. :D

What About Now? by Chris Daughtry

Shadows fill an empty heart
    As love is fading,
    From all the things that we are
    But are not saying.
    Can we see beyond the scars
    And make it to the dawn?

Change the colors of the sky.
    And open up to
    The ways you made me feel alive,
    The ways I loved you.
    For all the things that never died,
    To make it through the night,
    Love will find you.

What about now?
    What about today?
    What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?
    What if our love never went away?
    What if it's lost behind words we could never find?
    Baby, before it's too late,
    What about now?

The sun is breaking in your eyes
    To start a new day.
    This broken heart can still survive
    With a touch of your grace.
    Shadows fade into the light.
    I am by your side,
    Where love will find you.

What about now?
    What about today?
    What if our love, it never went away?
    What about now?

Now that we're here,
    Now that we've come this far,
    Just hold on.
    There is nothing to fear,
    For I am right beside you.
    For all my life,
    I am yours.

What about now?
    What about today?

What about now?
    What about today?
    What about now?

14. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yeah, it would be a good respite for Danny to be able to go home after a long day of looking at dead (often mutilated) bodies and spend time with someone whom he connect with about things in life that have no association with his work at all. Kinda like his 'safe haven' whom he can turn to, someone with whom he can be just Danny Messer the man and not Danny Messer the CSI. The important point to note: Danny has already turned to Rikki in a very intimate way before. :) So there's nothing surprising or illogical about Danny turning to her again. If anything, I'd be surprised if he didn't, especially after the way he gazed at her with such sad, longing eyes as she walked away from him..

And yeah, if Danny feels the need to vent/rant about work, Rikki can indeed give a fresh and different perspective on things. Considering what she's gone through, she can certainly give a much more human/empathetic/unclinical view, and because Danny is such an emotional person, he will definitely relate and connect much better to someone who is emotionally expressive, mature in character and thought and understanding like Rikki. :D

Awwww. :) The last line really does it. The moment I read that, I had the image of Danny searching for Rikki, meeting her face to face and then embracing her tight as if he never wants to say goodbye to her ever again.

15. ladyhunter

Okay so I found another song for them.
    It's about their feelings for each other and how the relationship is somewhat different because they don't work together.

No Ordinary Love - by Sade

I gave you all the love I got
    I gave you more than I could give
    I gave you love
    I gave you all that I have inside
    And you took my love
    You took my love
    Didn't I tell you
    What I believe
    Did somebody say that
    A love like that won't last
    Didn't I give you